Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1016
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Yep, Frank's got too much quickness and athleticism (and enough skill) to be out of the league. He'll be a backup PG for a long time if healthy, imo.
    Absolutely agree. Frank is too good to not catch on somewhere. He'll play backup minutes for some team this year - guaranteed.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    Here's a little Duke in the NBA US Map provided by @DukeMBB

    Duke in the NBA.jpg

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Great to see Quinn getting his ring. What a great accomplishment for him. They just showed him with Davis and LeBron posing for pictures - he is clearly a valued member of the team, even though he doesn't play that much.

  4. #84
    How many Dukies are in the All-Star game this year? I guess we'll see either 3 or 4.

    Kyrie, Tatum, Ingram, Zion

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    If they're going to keep calling fouls on Luke, he may as well just start making contact with the person he is defending

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    How many Dukies are in the All-Star game this year? I guess we'll see either 3 or 4.

    Kyrie, Tatum, Ingram, Zion
    I don’t know but KI at 25 (front page article) and behind Tatum (11) and Zion (19) is absurd.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don’t know but KI at 25 (front page article) and behind Tatum (11) and Zion (19) is absurd.
    Absolutely. That’s ridiculous.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don’t know but KI at 25 (front page article) and behind Tatum (11) and Zion (19) is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Absolutely. That’s ridiculous.
    Being behind Zion is absurd, but I suspect close to 30 GMs would rate Jayson higher than Kyrie for this season, *even if* you could promise Kyrie good health and never making controversial statements to the media again. The reason is that Jayson is a burgeoning two-way superstar while the most Kyrie could be is a one-way superstar.

    That said, I think when healthy, Kyrie is a top-15 player (i.e. All-NBA caliber [third team]) so 25 is too low. The rankings were probably influenced by stat nerds, who have never been all that high on Kyrie.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Being behind Zion is absurd, but I suspect close to 30 GMs would rate Jayson higher than Kyrie for this season, *even if* you could promise Kyrie good health and never making controversial statements to the media again. The reason is that Jayson is a burgeoning two-way superstar while the most Kyrie could be is a one-way superstar.

    That said, I think when healthy, Kyrie is a top-15 player (i.e. All-NBA caliber [third team]) so 25 is too low. The rankings were probably influenced by stat nerds, who have never been all that high on Kyrie.
    He's a lot better on flat courts.

  10. #90
    Tre Jones vs. Tyus Jones tonight. Cannot wait. Tre likely won't play, but what a great moment it will be to see the two of them meet before tipoff.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    The answer to the following question is probably -- "See message #15" -- but does anyone have a rack up of Dukies on NBA rosters after the final cuts?
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The answer to the following question is probably -- "See message #15" -- but does anyone have a rack up of Dukies on NBA rosters after the final cuts?
    Don't have the names, but here is a list of schools with >5 players in the NBA:
    Code:
    32 Kentucky
    29 Duke 	
    13 North Carolina 	
    11 Arizona 	
    11 Kansas 	
    11 Michigan 	
    11 Texas 	
    11 UCLA 	
    09 Villanova 	
    09 Washington 	
    08 Florida State 	
    08 Michigan State 	
    08 USC 	
    08 Virginia 	
    07 Iowa State 	
    06 Gonzaga 	
    06 Indiana 	
    06 Louisville 	
    06 Wake Forest
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilStop View Post
    Tre Jones vs. Tyus Jones tonight. Cannot wait. Tre likely won't play, but what a great moment it will be to see the two of them meet before tipoff.
    You killed it with “Tre likely won’t play”. Not your fault though.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Don't have the names, but here is a list of schools with >5 players in the NBA:
    Code:
    32 Kentucky
    29 Duke 	
    13 North Carolina 	
    11 Arizona 	
    11 Kansas 	
    11 Michigan 	
    11 Texas 	
    11 UCLA 	
    09 Villanova 	
    09 Washington 	
    08 Florida State 	
    08 Michigan State 	
    08 USC 	
    08 Virginia 	
    07 Iowa State 	
    06 Gonzaga 	
    06 Indiana 	
    06 Louisville 	
    06 Wake Forest
    That drop off from 2 to 3 is glorious.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    He's a lot better on flat courts.
    Et tu, Brute?

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Don't have the names, but here is a list of schools with >5 players in the NBA:
    Code:
    32 Kentucky
    29 Duke 	
    13 North Carolina 	
    11 Arizona 	
    11 Kansas 	
    11 Michigan 	
    11 Texas 	
    11 UCLA 	
    09 Villanova 	
    09 Washington 	
    08 Florida State 	
    08 Michigan State 	
    08 USC 	
    08 Virginia 	
    07 Iowa State 	
    06 Gonzaga 	
    06 Indiana 	
    06 Louisville 	
    06 Wake Forest
    Where did you get that list? Duke put out a press release that has 26 Dukies in the NBA. Who else do you have to get to 29?

    Blue Devils in the NBA (26)
    Grayson Allen -- Memphis Grizzlies
    Marques Bolden – Cleveland Cavaliers
    Marvin Bagley III -- Sacramento Kings
    RJ Barrett -- New York Knicks
    Vernon Carey Jr. -- Charlotte Hornets
    Wendell Carter Jr. -- Chicago Bulls
    Quinn Cook -- Los Angeles Lakers
    Seth Curry -- Philadelphia 76ers
    Harry Giles -- Portland Trail Blazers
    Rodney Hood -- Portland Trail Blazers
    Brandon Ingram -- New Orleans Pelicans
    Kyrie Irving -- Brooklyn Nets
    Tre Jones -- San Antonio Spurs
    Tyus Jones -- Memphis Grizzlies
    Luke Kennard -- Los Angeles Clippers
    Jahlil Okafor -- Detroit Pistons
    Jabari Parker -- Sacramento Kings
    Mason Plumlee -- Detroit Pistons
    Cam Reddish -- Atlanta Hawks
    J.J. Redick -- New Orleans Pelicans
    Austin Rivers -- New York Knicks
    Cassius Stanley -- Indiana Pacers
    Jayson Tatum -- Boston Celtics
    Gary Trent Jr. -- Portland Trail Blazers
    Zion Williamson -- New Orleans Pelicans
    Justise Winslow -- Memphis Grizzlies

    -Jason "this article lists Kentucky with 31 and Duke with 26... I saw that NCAA.com has a story that also lists Duke with 29 players, but I dunno who they are counting to get to 29" Evans
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Where did you get that list? Duke put out a press release that has 26 Dukies in the NBA. Who else do you have to get to 29?

    Blue Devils in the NBA (26)
    Grayson Allen -- Memphis Grizzlies
    Marques Bolden – Cleveland Cavaliers
    Marvin Bagley III -- Sacramento Kings
    RJ Barrett -- New York Knicks
    Vernon Carey Jr. -- Charlotte Hornets
    Wendell Carter Jr. -- Chicago Bulls
    Quinn Cook -- Los Angeles Lakers
    Seth Curry -- Philadelphia 76ers
    Harry Giles -- Portland Trail Blazers
    Rodney Hood -- Portland Trail Blazers
    Brandon Ingram -- New Orleans Pelicans
    Kyrie Irving -- Brooklyn Nets
    Tre Jones -- San Antonio Spurs
    Tyus Jones -- Memphis Grizzlies
    Luke Kennard -- Los Angeles Clippers
    Jahlil Okafor -- Detroit Pistons
    Jabari Parker -- Sacramento Kings
    Mason Plumlee -- Detroit Pistons
    Cam Reddish -- Atlanta Hawks
    J.J. Redick -- New Orleans Pelicans
    Austin Rivers -- New York Knicks
    Cassius Stanley -- Indiana Pacers
    Jayson Tatum -- Boston Celtics
    Gary Trent Jr. -- Portland Trail Blazers
    Zion Williamson -- New Orleans Pelicans
    Justise Winslow -- Memphis Grizzlies

    -Jason "this article lists Kentucky with 31 and Duke with 26... I saw that NCAA.com has a story that also lists Duke with 29 players, but I dunno who they are counting to get to 29" Evans
    So, my guess is that to get to 29, you have to include Trevon Duval, Frank Jackson, and Lance Thomas -- all three of whom earned NBA regular season paychecks a year ago but none of whom are on a roster right now. It is also possible the 29 includes Frank, Javin DeLaurier, and someone else who were all very late cuts from NBA teams just as rosters were finalized.

    But, my bottom line is that when the first batch of regular season NBA paychecks are sent out this week or next, I am pretty confident that 26 Blue Devils will get one, not 29.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, my guess is that to get to 29, you have to include Trevon Duval, Frank Jackson, and Lance Thomas -- all three of whom earned NBA regular season paychecks a year ago but none of whom are on a roster right now. It is also possible the 29 includes Frank, Javin DeLaurier, and someone else who were all very late cuts from NBA teams just as rosters were finalized.
    No need to guess. Last week the list would have been 29, but Javin DeLaurier, Amile Jefferson, and Frank Jackson were late cuts. Source: this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Javin just hit a 3-pointer for the Hornets!
    Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Then they went ahead and waived him as expected.

    Amile was also waived.
    Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Frank is reported to be Oklahoma City's last cut.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Where did you get that list? Duke put out a press release that has 26 Dukies in the NBA. Who else do you have to get to 29?

    Blue Devils in the NBA (26)
    Grayson Allen -- Memphis Grizzlies
    Marques Bolden – Cleveland Cavaliers
    Marvin Bagley III -- Sacramento Kings
    RJ Barrett -- New York Knicks
    Vernon Carey Jr. -- Charlotte Hornets
    Wendell Carter Jr. -- Chicago Bulls
    Quinn Cook -- Los Angeles Lakers
    Seth Curry -- Philadelphia 76ers
    Harry Giles -- Portland Trail Blazers
    Rodney Hood -- Portland Trail Blazers
    Brandon Ingram -- New Orleans Pelicans
    Kyrie Irving -- Brooklyn Nets
    Tre Jones -- San Antonio Spurs
    Tyus Jones -- Memphis Grizzlies
    Luke Kennard -- Los Angeles Clippers
    Jahlil Okafor -- Detroit Pistons
    Jabari Parker -- Sacramento Kings
    Mason Plumlee -- Detroit Pistons
    Cam Reddish -- Atlanta Hawks
    J.J. Redick -- New Orleans Pelicans
    Austin Rivers -- New York Knicks
    Cassius Stanley -- Indiana Pacers
    Jayson Tatum -- Boston Celtics
    Gary Trent Jr. -- Portland Trail Blazers
    Zion Williamson -- New Orleans Pelicans
    Justise Winslow -- Memphis Grizzlies

    -Jason "this article lists Kentucky with 31 and Duke with 26... I saw that NCAA.com has a story that also lists Duke with 29 players, but I dunno who they are counting to get to 29" Evans
    Here's the link -- it's from the NCAA!
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    R.J. Barrett has 20 points at halftime as the Knicks lead the Pacers 66-61.

    FWIW.

Similar Threads

  1. Dukies in the NFL - 2020
    By Acymetric in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 02-10-2021, 11:35 AM
  2. Dukies on the 2020 PGA and LPGA Tours
    By sagegrouse in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 419
    Last Post: 08-31-2020, 05:46 PM
  3. For Old Dukies Only
    By dukepsy1963 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 11:47 PM
  4. Dukies in the NBA- Sat Nov 3
    By DukeBlood in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 07:57 AM
  5. Dukies in the NBA - Fri Nov 2
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 07:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •