Page 45 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    Q might make a good coach or on air personality or analyst too.
    Well... I have interviewed him and he was not the most evocative guy in his answers. But I agree that he probably has some strong coaching instincts and I could see him in a suit and tie on a bench when his playing days are done.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well... I have interviewed him and he was not the most evocative guy in his answers. But I agree that he probably has some strong coaching instincts and I could see him in a suit and tie on a bench when his playing days are done.
    And his playing days aren't done yet!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Not to mention when Coach K retires.
    Also not to mention what happens with the new NIL rules. It could lead to a major shake up of college hoops, if, for example, players who go to a certain school in the Pacific NW all get Nike deals, or if T. Boone wants to boost Ok State to a final four, or wherever else may want to buy into basketball relevance quickly. And it's possible the old time coaches like K, Roy, Boeheim, Izzo, etc don't want to deal with players juggling endorsement deals ("sorry coach, can't make practice tomorrow as I've got a meet and greet I need to do at the local car dealership") so they could all step out at that time. Maybe the bluebloods enhance their existing advantage as they already have national brands and eyeballs, or maybe there is some realignment. It's going to be a whole new world.

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Congrats to Zion, Kyrie and Tatum making all star team
    I just saw the Duke Basketball Social Media post about this and realize that we missed someone...Western Conference All-Star Coach Quin Snyder!!!

Ah good to know, good point. At a distance he seems to be evocative on the court and around players, and seems to command the attention of the big stars too. So wondering if he would be better speaking player to player -- kind of like Ahmad Rashad (SKOL!) who made a great career in media (although he's always been a natural in any medium) post Vikings kind of being a voice of the players so to speak. He was the Jordan whisperer. Anyhow, I hope Q gets some on a good team and gets some PT -- that's where he wants to be I assume -- but it's got to be a drag after a while being bounced around from team to team to clear cap. He seems to have some good leadership skills and is charismatic on the court.

But is he tall enough to coach big men?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I just saw the Duke Basketball Social Media post about this and realize that we missed someone...Western Conference All-Star Coach Quin Snyder!!!
    Hey so Zion possibly doing the dunk contest. I know a lot of big names have withdrawn from previous years from the dunk contest. It's usually the "I don't want to be known as just a dunker" reasoning. But also, I think it just got so much harder to come up with something original for the mainstream players. And also the format and judging always sucks. Which I suppose made sense a while back. But it's a new era now. And the dunk contest appeals to everyone but especially the younger and Social generation. Zion has an opportunity here because honestly he is so unique, not just in his athletic build and power, but overall his personality. Same for Edwards who is unbelievable too. But Zion is by far the most followed on Social and his audience and buy base for Nike is perfect for this. I mean it's under the Jordan brand. He's got so much going for him from a network and media standpoint that the entire slam dunk contest (which is much more interesting than the actual game) will be one epic showcase focusing on him. From a business standpoint and activating his base, there is absolutely no way he passes on the dunk contest. And if he goes against someone like Edwards, it could be a Nique versus Jordan type of situation. I may actually tune in for once in a long time.

Hey so Zion possibly doing the dunk contest. I know a lot of big names have withdrawn from previous years from the dunk contest. It's usually the "I don't want to be known as just a dunker" reasoning. But also, I think it just got so much harder to come up with something original for the mainstream players. And also the format and judging always sucks. Which I suppose made sense a while back. But it's a new era now. And the dunk contest appeals to everyone but especially the younger and Social generation. Zion has an opportunity here because honestly he is so unique, not just in his athletic build and power, but overall his personality. Same for Edwards who is unbelievable too. But Zion is by far the most followed on Social and his audience and buy base for Nike is perfect for this. I mean it's under the Jordan brand. He's got so much going for him from a network and media standpoint that the entire slam dunk contest (which is much more interesting than the actual game) will be one epic showcase focusing on him. From a business standpoint and activating his base, there is absolutely no way he passes on the dunk contest. And if he goes against someone like Edwards, it could be a Nique versus Jordan type of situation. I may actually tune in for once in a long time.
    100% true, but there is some grainy video of Zion doing a dunk when he was 16 that I’ve never seen anyone else do

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/16-year-old-zion-williamson-aau-dunk-360-scoop-video-schools

The dunk contest is at halftime of the game and Zion is playing in the game. I wouldn't think that he would be able to keep his legs fresh for a dunk contest. He would probably like to get some good in-game dunks instead. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Quin Snyder getting praise from Mark Jackson. Also said outrageous that Jerry Sloan never got the honor Quin is receiving as West All Star Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by hibby91 View Post
    The dunk contest is at halftime of the game and Zion is playing in the game. I wouldn't think that he would be able to keep his legs fresh for a dunk contest. He would probably like to get some good in-game dunks instead. Just my opinion.
    True. Like I said I haven’t watched in a long time ... didn’t even know it was at halftime. But maybe he just warms up with just a little pt in the first half then does the dunk contest.

Duke South took the OT win vs DET and was led by Zion with an all-around amazing game scoring 32 on 13-18 FGs, with 6 rebs and 5 assists, just awesome! BI joined in the fun with 27-7-8, and JJ chucked in 7 on 2-4 3FGs. MP2 had a super solid game in the loss with with 21-9-7-0-4, and Frank Jackson scored a basket for DET.
    Wendell Carter with 18-10-2-2-2 in the win, just a super solid all around game!
    Tatum had a terrible game in the loss scoring 13 on 4-20 FGs. Semi scored a 3pt FG.
    A whole bunch of missed games by other Duke alum, whether due to injury, rest, or G-league service.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby91 View Post
    I consider the dunk contest a truer form of basketball than the All-Star game. I say he sits out the 1st half of the game to prepare for a dunk wonderland.

How about this. Zion has a prop sneaker that splits during his approach (but it’s fake, not his real sneaker). The split portion of the sneaker breaks off and flies into the air. Zion grabs the sneaker and dunks it with one hand, while dunk the basketball with the other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Quin Snyder getting praise from Mark Jackson. Also said outrageous that Jerry Sloan never got the honor Quin is receiving as West All Star Head Coach
    Mark Jackson should know that the coaches are not voted on/selected...the honor goes to the coach of the team with the best record in the conference at some designated cut-off date. It actually does surprise me that Sloan's Jazz never had that honor but maybe the best teams back in those days didn't ease into the season as much as the current best teams do?

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    But is he tall enough to coach big men?
    Speaking of that, it was great to see Wojo smile as he walked off the floor of the Dean Dome with a decisive win.

Tyus, Grayson and Justice all had a solid game vs. the Luke’s Clippers tonight. Tyus got 20 points!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Tyus, Grayson and Justice all had a solid game vs. the Luke’s Clippers tonight. Tyus got 20 points!
    In 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    In 15 minutes
    Don't know how many minutes he played, but Zion has 24 points in the first half against the Bucks. He is a destroyer.

"The ball is not the most dangerous thing. He is the most dangerous thing." ---Kenny Smith