Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Completely agree. I’d much rather have KD or KI taking that shot than LeBron. Kyrie wasn’t wrong in the substance of what he said. He just shouldn’t have said it. But no way was he wrong on the facts.
    I'm not sure I get the Kyrie vs. LeBron love. Do you have any stats to support your view that Kyrie is the more reliable shot, than LeBron at the end of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I'm not sure I get the Kyrie vs. LeBron love. Do you have any stats to support your view that Kyrie is the more reliable shot, than LeBron at the end of the game?
    I don't know how you'd measure that but while KI might have a Top 3 greatest/most consequential shot in NBA Finals history, he doesn't have a big enough body of work yet, IMO. The Ringer looked at buzzer beaters in NBA history. LBJ has the most, at 5, in NBA history. MJ had 9 in his career in all games which leads all entrants.

KI and KD would look better getting the shot, and both are pretty shooters, but LBJ's resume also can't be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I don't know how you'd measure that but while KI might have a Top 3 greatest/most consequential shot in NBA Finals history, he doesn't have a big enough body of work yet, IMO. The Ringer looked at buzzer beaters in NBA history. LBJ has the most, at 5, in NBA history. MJ had 9 in his career in all games which leads all entrants.

KI and KD would look better getting the shot, and both are pretty shooters, but LBJ's resume also can't be denied.
    Without an ounce of hesitation I’d still rather Kyrie or Durant actually take the last shot rather than LeBron. I just get the sense both of them have more confidence taking the shot in that situation.

Without an ounce of hesitation I’d still rather Kyrie or Durant actually take the last shot rather than LeBron. I just get the sense both of them have more confidence taking the shot in that situation.
    I'm probably quibbling with you at this point, but why the certainty about Kyrie or Durant taking the last shot rather than LeBron? Any actual facts or statistics to back up you "sense"?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I'm probably quibbling with you at this point, but why the certainty about Kyrie or Durant taking the last shot rather than LeBron? Any actual facts or statistics to back up you "sense"?
    Nope. Just my eyes and gut. I’ve always felt LeBron prefers to draw and dish in those situations. Kyrie and Durant seem more desirous of actually taking the shot. Again, just my two cents.

Nope. Just my eyes and gut. I’ve always felt LeBron prefers to draw and dish in those situations. Kyrie and Durant seem more desirous of actually taking the shot. Again, just my two cents.
    Good enough, thanks. Like you, and probably everyone, I don't have empirical data to support my position. I'll take LeBron over Kyrie in these situations.

Javin just hit a 3-pointer for the Hornets!

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I am still so disappointed in OKC that they did not keep Durant, Harden and Westbrook together. Is there a timeline where they did and LBJ has only 1 or 2 rings?

I don’t know if these three would pull together an Abbey Road type accomplishment, but it would be wonderful to see them try.
    Could Oklahoma City have afforded to keep the three together?

9. I read an article quite a while back that showed LeBron passed on a lot of potential buzzer beater shots. The early criticism was that he makes the right pass, but prefers it over taking the winning shot. That was a while ago though so I don't know whether that finding stands.

So you can't just look at absolute number of makes, as that doesn't take into account attempts, and you can't even just look at attempts as that doesn't account for opportunities the shooter passed up. I don't know who has that kind of data.

I don't think it's that complicated. All three player have made big shots under pressure under starring roles. Who is simply the better shooter?

It's not a knock on LeBron to suggest he's not the best shooter the NBA has ever seen. That has always been considered the weakest part of his game...relatively speaking of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    IIRC from all the post-trade analysis, the Thunder could have offered more than they did but decided to trade him rather than go further. What I do not recall is whether the additional amount they could have offered Harden would have been what he was after, which was the max.

Truth is, the Rockets thought Harden was going to be a franchise player and OKC thought he was an outstanding 6th man. But, yeah, it wouldn't been cool to see them go at least one more year. Last 10 years of the NBA could have looked completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Javin just hit a 3-pointer for the Hornets!
    Then they went ahead and waived him as expected.

Amile was also waived.

Marques was was converted into a two-way contract by Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Then they went ahead and waived him as expected.

Amile was also waived.

Marques was was converted into a two-way contract by Cleveland.
    Bummer for both Javin and Amile, especially Amile. Hope they find another landing spot somewhere soon. Work hard, Marques! LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    They would have lost Serge but yes.

Can't wait to see Justise, Tyus, and Grayson playing together.

Luke gets paid

LA Clippers, Luke Kennard reach 4-year, $64 million extension

LA Clippers guard Luke Kennard has agreed to a four-year, $64 million contract extension, agents Aaron Mintz and Dave Spahn of CAA Sports told ESPN.

The deal includes $56 million in guaranteed money, with a majority of the additional $8 million in incentives considered reachable, the agents said

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...lion-extension

Frank is reported to be Oklahoma City's last cut. They could afford to wait until after Saturday because he was guaranteed $250,000, which did not change even with a delay.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Frank is reported to be Oklahoma City's last cut. They could afford to wait until after Saturday because he was guaranteed $250,000, which did not change even with a delay.
    Twitter is full of folks who are furious about this. The Thunder would have had to cut someone with a guaranteed contract to keep Frank, which is clearly why they made this decision.. though they could have let go someone who was only guaranteed $2 mil or less, hardly a big deal for a NBA club. But this decision was more about finances than playing talent.

I bet some team around the league picks Frank up. He still has a NBA future, I think.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Twitter is full of folks who are furious about this. The Thunder would have had to cut someone with a guaranteed contract to keep Frank, which is clearly why they made this decision.. though they could have let go someone who was only guaranteed $2 mil or less, hardly a big deal for a NBA club. But this decision was more about finances than playing talent.

I bet some team around the league picks Frank up. He still has a NBA future, I think.
    Yep, Frank's got too much quickness and athleticism (and enough skill) to be out of the league. He'll be a backup PG for a long time if healthy, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Yep, Frank's got too much quickness and athleticism (and enough skill) to be out of the league. He'll be a backup PG for a long time if healthy, imo.
    I would be pleased if my Bulls were the ones to take a flier on Jackson. Our backup PG at the moment is Ryan Arcidiacono, who is roster filler. And we also have some big guards who can help out with the ballhandling/playmaking thing, which is the part of Jackson's game that is a bit short at the PG spot. Unfortunately, Bulls' ownership is incredibly spendthrift and we also have filled our allotted 15 guaranteed contracts plus both two-way deals, so I highly doubt it will happen.

But I agree that Jackson surely deserves an NBA roster spot. I'm not sure he's ever more than a backup (the aforementioned playmaking limitations at PG), but he's too talented athletically to not be on someone's roster. I suspect someone will pick him up.