Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1694
  1. #1481
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I watched that game too, but only to watch Grayson, Tyus and JJJ. Great 59:57 for Jason, and a hugely disappointing last 3 seconds. He went to the foul line a 91% FT shooter and bricked two. Could have locked up the game, and then a ridiculous game winning 3 as the clock ran out. If he was a younger player who hadn't faced adversity before it could have a deleterious affect on his psyche, but Grayson has certainly ignored criticism well in the past.

    Tyus made some nice buckets in his backup roll and JJJ hit his 3's when in. It's almost hard to remember that Grayson, Tyus and Justise were all freshman teammates back in the day!
    BTW, the JJJ is not a typo. I think it's fitting for his game!
    JJJ is not a typo, but I suspect "Jason" was.

  2. #1482
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I watched that game too, but only to watch Grayson, Tyus and JJJ. Great 59:57 for Jason, and a hugely disappointing last 3 seconds. He went to the foul line a 91% FT shooter and bricked two. Could have locked up the game, and then a ridiculous game winning 3 as the clock ran out. If he was a younger player who hadn't faced adversity before it could have a deleterious affect on his psyche, but Grayson has certainly ignored criticism well in the past.

    Tyus made some nice buckets in his backup roll and JJJ hit his 3's when in. It's almost hard to remember that Grayson, Tyus and Justise were all freshman teammates back in the day!
    BTW, the JJJ is not a typo. I think it's fitting for his game!
    Well, the JJJ reference had me quite confused, because Grizzly Jaren Jackson Jr. is due back from his meniscus injury literally any day now, and should make an already frisky Memphis team that much more dangerous and fun to watch.

  3. #1483
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I watched that game too, but only to watch Grayson, Tyus and JJJ. Great 59:57 for Jason, and a hugely disappointing last 3 seconds. He went to the foul line a 91% FT shooter and bricked two. Could have locked up the game, and then a ridiculous game winning 3 as the clock ran out. If he was a younger player who hadn't faced adversity before it could have a deleterious affect on his psyche, but Grayson has certainly ignored criticism well in the past.

    Tyus made some nice buckets in his backup roll and JJJ hit his 3's when in. It's almost hard to remember that Grayson, Tyus and Justise were all freshman teammates back in the day!
    BTW, the JJJ is not a typo. I think it's fitting for his game!
    To be fair, Grayson did not brick the FTs. Both of them literally rubbed the inner half of the rim and spun out. These were not scared misses, just really bad luck from one of the best FT shooters in the league.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  4. #1484
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Well, the JJJ reference had me quite confused, because Grizzly Jaren Jackson Jr. is due back from his meniscus injury literally any day now, and should make an already frisky Memphis team that much more dangerous and fun to watch.
    Honestly, until I read your post I have never heard the name Jaren Jackson Jr. before. I watch NBA games solely to watch the Duke players, or to root against carolina players when they're in the same game. I have no interest in the other bodies on the court.

    And yes, the "Jason" instead of "Grayson" was a brain fart!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  5. #1485
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    And yes, the "Jason" instead of "Grayson" was a brain fart!
    Someone has RTG on the brain
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  6. #1486
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    Mason gets several paragraphs of Zach Lowe snark in this week's "10 Things"
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...cks-competence

    RJ gets love in a discussion of the Knicks' defense, some other small Duke player mentions as well.

  7. #1487
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Mason gets several paragraphs of Zach Lowe snark in this week's "10 Things"
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...cks-competence

    .
    Number 1 in Things I Don't Like.

    Links to articles behind paywalls.

    Okay, not number 1. But up there.

  8. #1488
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Number 1 in Things I Don't Like.

    Links to articles behind paywalls.

    Okay, not number 1. But up there.
    Dang, sorry about that, I am cookied so I don't pay close attention to what is free and what isn't.

    Basically he showed a clip of Mason making an iso move from the elbow and called it as boring as the NBA gets. He said Mason is a competent center but that watching him enjoy a larger role in the Detroit offense is not how he would choose to spend his time.

  9. #1489
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Dang, sorry about that, I am cookied so I don't pay close attention to what is free and what isn't.

    Basically he showed a clip of Mason making an iso move from the elbow and called it as boring as the NBA gets. He said Mason is a competent center but that watching him enjoy a larger role in the Detroit offense is not how he would choose to spend his time.
    I haven't watched Detroit but I follow the box scores. Mason has had a number of double-doubles and seems to be playing well.

    So it doesn't meet Zach Lowe's entertainment standards? Who cares?

  10. #1490
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    Imagine my surprise to turn on Nets v Hornets and see Vernon Carey starting at the 5. Imagine my surprise a few minutes later to see him start 4-4 including a 3 in the first 5 minutes!

  11. #1491
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Mount Kisco, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I haven't watched Detroit but I follow the box scores. Mason has had a number of double-doubles and seems to be playing well.

    So it doesn't meet Zach Lowe's entertainment standards? Who cares?
    I agree, I don’t fault Mason for getting paid and seeking a starting role, but I think he would really help any contender off the bench, as he did behind the Joker in Denver (his defensive miscue against the Lakers notwithstanding). He gets a lot of guff for making Team USA over Bam in 2019 but that’s not his fault.

  12. #1492
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Correct side of the Durham/CH border
    Pels had the game in hand tonight in the 4th quarter. Then Brandon went cold in final minutes and Alonzo again couldn’t throw it in the ocean. Going to OT. I don’t understand Van Gundy substitutions.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

  13. #1493
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lewisville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Pels had the game in hand tonight in the 4th quarter. Then Brandon went cold in final minutes and Alonzo again couldn’t throw it in the ocean. Going to OT. I don’t understand Van Gundy substitutions.
    Brandon cold in the final minutes is a familiar development unfortunately.

  14. #1494
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Correct side of the Durham/CH border
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Brandon cold in the final minutes is a familiar development unfortunately.
    Yes. And if Lonzo can’t be consistent from outside, they don’t need him. Plenty of other role players who can fill in around Zion and Brandon. Trade Lonzo and Bledsoe for a real shooter. Oh wait, they had a shooter but traded him. They should have gone after Seth Curry.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

  15. #1495
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA

  16. #1496
    I dislike the front page histrionics when a Dukie has one good game. (Spoiler, Zion had a bad night.) But check out Vernon Carey's game -- even though I always hope the Hornets lose...

  17. #1497
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    good for them...good for jabari....a fresh start...
    "Either they're going down, or we are! Kirk out!"

  18. #1498
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    I dislike the front page histrionics when a Dukie has one good game. (Spoiler, Zion had a bad night.) But check out Vernon Carey's game -- even though I always hope the Hornets lose...
    Vernon posted 35 minutes, 21 points on 14 shots, 6 rebounds.

    And the only Hornet with a positive plus-minus (+14).
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  19. #1499
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Vernon posted 35 minutes, 21 points on 14 shots, 6 rebounds.

    And the only Hornet with a positive plus-minus (+14).
    That's awesome. I'm very happy for him. It was concerning me how little he had been playing. I didn't watch any of the game but looks like he thoroughly outplayed DJ.

  20. It's frustrating to watch the Pels lose again and again after a double digit lead late in the fourth quarter. Ingram is rushing shots. Zion doesn't get enough touches, and when he does there's no movement around him. Bledsoe will chuck the ball too early in the shot clock instead of passing it around. Holy moly. This team needs a confident PG down the stretch to control the game.

    The coach needs to take some responsibility. Instead of calling a timeout and drawing up a play to get a high percentage shot to restore confidence and momentum, Gundy does largely nothing except make weird substitutions.

Similar Threads

  1. Dukies in the NFL - 2020
    By Acymetric in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 02-10-2021, 11:35 AM
  2. Dukies on the 2020 PGA and LPGA Tours
    By sagegrouse in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 419
    Last Post: 08-31-2020, 05:46 PM
  3. For Old Dukies Only
    By dukepsy1963 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 11:47 PM
  4. Dukies in the NBA- Sat Nov 3
    By DukeBlood in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 07:57 AM
  5. Dukies in the NBA - Fri Nov 2
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 07:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •