Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1725
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Maybe Jim meant the outcry on this board?
    If he were indeed thinking of DBR the outcry would be at least 11%, and quite possibly higher, though the average DBRer doesn’t complain much. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    If he were indeed thinking of DBR the outcry would be at least 11%, and quite possibly higher, though the average DBRer doesn’t complain much. 😉
    I would have been much aggrieved.

Signed up for one month Pels league pass. Just in time to watch Zion and RJ tonight.

Only downside is having to watch Reggie Bullock and whatever that is on top of his head.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Kyrie with 37 against the Sixers, Embiid with 39. Sixers led by 22 but it got close at the end, 123-117 for Philly. Durant did not play and Kyrie did not play the last 5 minutes for some reason. The Sixers lead Brooklyn by a game in the East. Embiid needs to finish out the season strong to compete with Jokic for MVP. Kyrie has made 42 straight free throws.

Grayson with 14 in the first quarter tonight vs Mavs. Tyus with a couple nice buckets too.

Philadelphia Inquirer (Sixers vs Nets):

...the Nets had a Who’s Who of standout players sidelined: Kevin Durant (left hamstring management), James Harden (right hamstring strain), LaMarcus Aldridge (illness), Blake Griffin (left knee management), Chris Chiozza (fractured right hand), Tyler Johnson (right knee soreness) and Spencer Dinwiddle (partially torn ACL in right knee).
    If these two teams meet in the post-season... at full strength... that should be a great series!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Philadelphia Inquirer (Sixers vs Nets):

If these two teams meet in the post-season... at full strength... that should be a great series!
    The Nets at full strength? Is that possible? Or their 3 stars healthy and all playing?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    The Nets at full strength? Is that possible? Or their 3 stars healthy and all playing?
    When the Nets traded for Harden, people joked about there not being enough balls. Now people are wondering about how they are playing their stars during the regular season.

From where I’m sitting, they are setting things up very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    When the Nets traded for Harden, people joked about there not being enough balls. Now people are wondering about how they are playing their stars during the regular season.

From where I’m sitting, they are setting things up very nicely.
    Yeah, I don’t think their star players missing games is a big problem for them considering they are still likely going to end up with the best or second-best record in the conference.

Sure, it’s a bummer for the fans (including myself) — who want to see Durant, Irving, and Harden on the court during the regular season — but I don’t think it hurts the Nets chances of winning the title.

Oh man. Grayson missed two fts to ice game. Luka hits miraculous game winner.

Brutal ending for Grayson after a great game. He stepped to the line with 2.2 seconds left to shoot 2 FTs with Memphis up 2. He is over 90% on the year. He goes 0-2, Dallas calls a TO, the ball advances to halfcourt, in-bounds to Luka who hits a 3 while falling down...ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Oh man. Grayson missed two fts to ice game. Luka hits miraculous game winner.
    How bad was that for him, he looked like a kid whose puppy for run over by a truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    How bad was that for him, he looked like a kid whose puppy for run over by a truck.
    I saw it. Grayson could have iced the game. He should feel bad, that cost Memphis the game. They are in a battle for playoff position.

Knicks over Pels last night. RJ with a quiet night.

NY Post already starting the Zion to Knicks eventually drumbeat. (Where have we heard that before?)

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    NY Post already starting the Zion to Knicks eventually drumbeat. (Where have we heard that before?)
    When exactly do they think they will sign him? Cause he belongs to the Pels for 2 more years and then becomes a restricted free agent. The "restricted" part means that whatever contract he signs can be matched by the Pels and they would 100% match anything he signs. So, he belongs to New Orleans until at least 2027...

...unless he gets really fed up and demands a trade, sorta like the way AD did (and Harden, Kawhi, and some others). While that kind of thing does sometimes happen with a big star, it typically does not come about until they are close to real free agency. So, for Zion that would be the 2025-26 season.

So, the NY papers are all hot and bothered about Zion maybe coming to New York in half a decade... yeah, whatever.

Let's not forget that New Orleans has a nice stash of draft picks from both LA and the Bucks over the next several years that they can use in a variety of interesting ways. I suspect they will be able to build a pretty solid team around Zion over the next few years and he won't be all that gung ho to go anywhere else.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Can you imagine the outcry if Hayward had made that shot, while the refs ignored the obvious moving screen?
    Find me a game where the outcome was decided by an illegal screen at the buzzer 😀

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    When exactly do they think they will sign him? Cause he belongs to the Pels for 2 more years and then becomes a restricted free agent. The "restricted" part means that whatever contract he signs can be matched by the Pels and they would 100% match anything he signs. So, he belongs to New Orleans until at least 2027...

...unless he gets really fed up and demands a trade, sorta like the way AD did (and Harden, Kawhi, and some others). While that kind of thing does sometimes happen with a big star, it typically does not come about until they are close to real free agency. So, for Zion that would be the 2025-26 season.

So, the NY papers are all hot and bothered about Zion maybe coming to New York in half a decade... yeah, whatever.

Let's not forget that New Orleans has a nice stash of draft picks from both LA and the Bucks over the next several years that they can use in a variety of interesting ways. I suspect they will be able to build a pretty solid team around Zion over the next few years and he won't be all that gung ho to go anywhere else.
    My thoughts completely, Jason. Was just mentioning it. We get that here...often, i.e., the LeBron quest. Won't happen...or a very small chance of it. But an interesting deja vu for those of us here.

Despite the brutal ending to the game for Grayson and Memphis, Allen is quietly having a very nice 3rd season in the NBA. He is starting for the Grizzlies and appears to be expanding his role on the team. Since returning from injury in mid-March, he has averaged 13.0 points per game to go along with 3.7 rebounds and 2.2 assists on shooting splits of .449/.400/.871. That is not bad at all. Those numbers improve to 15.0 points per game over the last 6 games, which includes his 30-point performance. Grayson seems to be a good fit alongside Ja Morant in the backcourt. If they can get Jaren Jackson, Jr. and Justise Winslow healthy, that's a really good young team in Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    My thoughts completely, Jason. Was just mentioning it. We get that here...often, i.e., the LeBron quest. Won't happen...or a very small chance of it. But an interesting deja vu for those of us here.
    The NY Post is a sensationalistic rag, and is becoming worse every day. To your point, a lot of people here see what the Post is spitballing and take it seriously. Some of their writers are worse than others.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Despite the brutal ending to the game for Grayson and Memphis, Allen is quietly having a very nice 3rd season in the NBA. He is starting for the Grizzlies and appears to be expanding his role on the team. Since returning from injury in mid-March, he has averaged 13.0 points per game to go along with 3.7 rebounds and 2.2 assists on shooting splits of .449/.400/.871. That is not bad at all. Those numbers improve to 15.0 points per game over the last 6 games, which includes his 30-point performance. Grayson seems to be a good fit alongside Ja Morant in the backcourt. If they can get Jaren Jackson, Jr. and Justise Winslow healthy, that's a really good young team in Memphis.
    I watched that game too, but only to watch Grayson, Tyus and JJJ. Great 59:57 for Jason, and a hugely disappointing last 3 seconds. He went to the foul line a 91% FT shooter and bricked two. Could have locked up the game, and then a ridiculous game winning 3 as the clock ran out. If he was a younger player who hadn't faced adversity before it could have a deleterious affect on his psyche, but Grayson has certainly ignored criticism well in the past.

Tyus made some nice buckets in his backup roll and JJJ hit his 3's when in. It's almost hard to remember that Grayson, Tyus and Justise were all freshman teammates back in the day!
    BTW, the JJJ is not a typo. I think it's fitting for his game!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com