Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1725
    3 Duke guys on the all star team, 4 averaging over 23 ppg, 11 averaging over 10 ppg, 17 averaging over 7 ppg, 19 averaging an assist/game.

The above doesn’t include the trio of 2020 draftees who are getting nba salaries but apparently aren’t ready to play in the league.

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/c...194.1562186227

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    How different would this season be with soph Cassius on the roster?
    Or senior Zion and RJs? Wait. Juniors...?

Dear lord.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Or senior Zion and RJs? Wait. Juniors...?

Dear lord.
    Seniors: Marvin Bagley, Trevon Duval, Wendell Carter, Gary Trent
    Juniors: RJ Barrett, Zion Williamson, Tre Jones, Cam Reddish
    Sophs: Vernon Carey, Cassius Stanley, Hurt, Moore
    Frosh: Does it matter?

That team might win a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post

In this universe, did K burn Baker's redshirt?

What is the lineup/rotation?

PG - Tre with Duval in a backup role
    SG - Gary backed up by Cam and Cash
    SF - RJ with Moore getting some mop-up minutes and Hurt might play a little bit too
    PF - Whew... Zion for sure but Marvin is eating worlds in his time with the second team and Matt Hurt is coming off the bench to bomb from 3
    C - Wendell but the few glimpses we get of Vernon sure are tantalizing. Freshman Mark Williams is catching lobs and looking fun in the late game blow out minutes he gets
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

SF - RJ with Moore getting some mop-up minutes and Hurt might play a little bit too
    PF - Whew... Zion for sure but Marvin is eating worlds in his time with the second team and Matt Hurt is coming off the bench to bomb from 3
    C - Wendell but the few glimpses we get of Vernon sure are tantalizing. Freshman Mark Williams is catching lobs and looking fun in the late game blow out minutes he gets
    By the way, before we start printing the national championship banners, let's look at who we would have to beat:

Kentucky's team is just ok in the front court, but is ridiculous in the backcourt:
    Seniors - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, PJ Washington, Hamidou Diallo, Kevin Knox
    Juniors - Tyler Herro, Immanuel Quickley, Keldon Johnson
    Soph - Tyrese Maxey

Carolina isn't much competition:
    Seniors - Garrison Brooks
    Juniors - Coby White, Nassir Little
    Soph - Armando Bacot, Cole Anthony
    Freshmen - Sharpe, Love, Kessler

I looked at Florida St, Virginia, and a few other teams (USC, Texas, Nova, Mich St, Kansas) but no one really comes close to Duke or Kentucky.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    In this universe, did K burn Baker's redshirt?
    He transferred and I just got in trouble in the alternate DBR

These are always sad/nostalgic thought experiments. I support these guys' ability to make their career decisions based on the rules of the day but, man, how fun would this 3-4 year cycle of players been if the old standards still applied? Just outrageously fun college basketball.

Just to give us a dose of reality... we all know that if Marvin Bagley and Wendell Carter were staying more than one year, there is no chance Zion would come to Duke, right? Heck, RJ Barrett probably does not come either because he would spend 2 years largely sitting behind Jayson Tatum. And I'm not sure Tatum comes because he would be looking at playing a minor role on the wing that was dominated by Justise Winslow.

Just to give us a dose of reality... we all know that if Marvin Bagley and Wendell Carter were staying more than one year, there is no chance Zion would come to Duke, right? Heck, RJ Barrett probably does not come either because he would spend 2 years largely sitting behind Jayson Tatum. And I'm not sure Tatum comes because he would be looking at playing a minor role on the wing that was dominated by Justise Winslow.
    The first Duke recruitment of which I am aware in which a recruit waited to make sure a player already in the program was going to leave early for the NBA was Carlos Boozer waiting to confirm that Elton Brand was indeed going to the NBA.

It's par for the course nowadays.

You’re forgetting that Tatum and Giles redshirted so they are on this team as well (Giles got bionic legs grafted on so he’s fully healthy). And Jabari Parker went on a Mormon mission and then came back, so pencil him in the lineup too.

Huge night for the alums last night! 201 total points scored by 12 players.
    Kyrie leading the way with 40 points on a stellar 15/23 FGs, also 8 rebs + 3 assists to beat Boston and Tatum with 31 on 13/22 FGs.
    Zion scored 24 on 9/13 FGs with 5reb+2ast and Brandon joined him with 13-3-4 on 5-14 FGs in the loss.
    RJ scored 22 in the loss, on 9-15 FGs, with 5 reb + 2ast.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Huge night for the alums last night! 201 total points scored by 12 players.
    Kyrie leading the way with 40 points on a stellar 15/23 FGs, also 8 rebs + 3 assists to beat Boston and Tatum with 31 on 13/22 FGs.
    Zion scored 24 on 9/13 FGs with 5reb+2ast and Brandon joined him with 13-3-4 on 5-14 FGs in the loss.
    RJ scored 22 in the loss, on 9-15 FGs, with 5 reb + 2ast.
    Brooklyn has been quite impressive without Durant. Despite concerns, Harden and "franchise killer" (as he has been called here) Kyrie have been clicking. Their only loss in I think the last 12 games was when they were without both Durant and Kyrie for a game. I have not been a Harden fan in the past, but he is doing a lot less dribbling the ball for 20 seconds. It's remarkable what he can do with his skill level, despite not being a great athlete and still being noticeably pudgy for an NBA player.

NO was up 16 early but lost by 30. A 46 point swing. To the Timberwolves. They blow a lot of leads, have lost a lost of close games, and seem to play better against the best teams than the bottom-feeders. Van Gundy is not paying off in year 1 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post

NO was up 16 early but lost by 30. A 46 point swing. To the Timberwolves. They blow a lot of leads, have lost a lost of close games, and seem to play better against the best teams than the bottom-feeders. Van Gundy is not paying off in year 1 at least.

I'm checking out for the season. I've had a enough. Zion is spectacular, but life's too short to watch a bad NBA team that doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_Wilson View Post
    I'm checking out for the season. I've had a enough. Zion is spectacular, but life's too short to watch a bad NBA team that doesn't care.
    Life's too short not to watch Zion!

Not really on topic, but I thought people could use a laugh right about now.

C. Trent Rosecrans @ctrent

True story, I'm at the Georgia Dome for a UGA SEC tourney game and Dominique Wilkins is stopped and and asked for his pass

I say, "What? There should be a Dominique Wilkins pass"

@MarkBradleyAJC: "Nobody's ever seen a Dominique Wilkins pass"

'Nique laughed harder than I did

1:39 PM · Mar 11, 2021

Quinn was signed to a 10-day contract with the Cavs and made his debut tonight against Duke South. I don’t know the Cavs roster well enough to say if there’s anyone between him and Sexton on the depth chart, but hopefully he gets a chance to shine. The Cavs are pretty awful and are currently down 40+ in NO. Congrats, Quinn!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba...-10-day-210312

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty1911 View Post
    Quinn was signed to a 10-day contract with the Cavs and made his debut tonight against Duke South. I don’t know the Cavs roster well enough to say if there’s anyone between him and Sexton on the depth chart, but hopefully he gets a chance to shine. The Cavs are pretty awful and are currently down 40+ in NO. Congrats, Quinn!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba...-10-day-210312
    If 1911 stands for your birth year, you are my new hero (replacing Zion).

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    If 1911 stands for your birth year, you are my new hero (replacing Zion).
    Nah. It's his class!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Nah. It's his class!

-jk
    Wow!!! One of those 1880’s babies.