Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
The Nets coaching staff disagrees. According to Nash:

“We had breakdowns all over the place,” Nash said. “We’ve got a lot of work to do. We know that. We’ve got to improve with our communication, improve with getting guys into better condition. We feel positive that we can improve defensively, but it’s got to be a priority for us.”

Also, my feeling is that if an opposing player is hot, (1) hopefully you have a great defensive player who can deny him the ball, and (2) players can get hot more easily if you play bad defense on them earlier in the game, as its gets them into a rhythm.
You completely missed my point. I said I didn’t see the game until OT, and so I acknowledged that the defense may very well have been bad the entire time. I’m certainly not going to argue with Nash about that. But the fact is Sexton hadn’t hit a 3 the entire game until the last second of the first OT. And then he went crazy in the second OT where he couldn’t miss. So my point stands that a player got super hot - not over the course of the game because of poor defense - but simply because those things happen all the time in the NBA.

Both things can be true at the same time. The Nets could have played really bad defense over the entirety of the game, and Sexton could and did get very hot in the second overtime and carried Cleveland to victory. There is no contradiction between those two things.