Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1725
    Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    It's frustrating to watch the Pels lose again and again after a double digit lead late in the fourth quarter. Ingram is rushing shots. Zion doesn't get enough touches, and when he does there's no movement around him. Bledsoe will chuck the ball too early in the shot clock instead of passing it around. Holy moly. This team needs a confident PG down the stretch to control the game.

The coach needs to take some responsibility. Instead of calling a timeout and drawing up a play to get a high percentage shot to restore confidence and momentum, Gundy does largely nothing except make weird substitutions.

Did anyone see that last foul in OT that Zion was tagged with? Can't believe Stan didn't challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by devilnfla View Post
    Did anyone see that last foul in OT that Zion was tagged with? Can't believe Stan didn't challenge.
    I thought the officials reviewed it and confirmed the call. I was watching on the local DC network (which inexplicably didn’t show any replays of it). It didn’t look like a foul in live action. Bad sequence for Zion with the TO on the other end preceding the foul. Agree with poster above about needing a better PG to manage ends of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty1911 View Post
    I thought the officials reviewed it and confirmed the call. I was watching on the local DC network (which inexplicably didn’t show any replays of it). It didn’t look like a foul in live action. Bad sequence for Zion with the TO on the other end preceding the foul. Agree with poster above about needing a better PG to manage ends of games.
    SVG did challenge the foul call. Lost the challenge. Lost their last timeout. And then the Pels couldn’t get off a good shot with 1.9 seconds left although BI hit the front of the rim from half court. “So close” might be the theme of the season for the Pels.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty1911 View Post
    Although some announcers have gushed about the chemistry between Lonzo and Zion, it looks like NOLA may be a better team without Lonzo. Also, Brandon Ingram is an actively negative influence on the team during the 4th quarter of pretty much every game. If SVG hasn't figured this out yet, and/or is unwilling to do anything to change the way the team plays in the 4th, seems like the Pels might need a change of coach too.

Otherwise, big night for Duke alums in the NBA, scoring a total of 204 points, with 5 guys scoring at least 20, and another 5 scoring at least 10.

5. If only there was a proven PG veteran in the G-league that the Pelicans can sign...and I don't mean Isiah Thomas.

#linsanity

Dude is averaging 20 points and 6.4 assists on 51% shooting from the field and 43% from three. Maybe he can help.

Numerous sources are reporting Jabari Parker signs with Celtics for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Brandon Ingram is an actively negative influence on the team during the 4th quarter of pretty much every game. If SVG hasn't figured this out yet, and/or is unwilling to do anything to change the way the team plays in the 4th, seems like the Pels might need a change of coach too.
    Could you explain what you mean by Brandon Ingram is a “negative influence on the team during the fourth quarter of pretty much every game“? And what do you think Van Gundy should be doing with Ingram that he hasn’t been doing? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Could you explain what you mean by Brandon Ingram is a “negative influence on the team during the fourth quarter of pretty much every game“? And what do you think Van Gundy should be doing with Ingram that he hasn’t been doing? Thanks.
    He takes a lot of shots in the 4th quarter, and misses most of them. The coach usually ought to have a lot of influence in how the offense runs, and who the team should be trying get the ball to. Apparently the Pelicans are trying to get Ingram to take 4th quarter shots, and it has cost them multiple wins.
    Is there someone else on the team who shoots a high percentage in the 4th quarter? I don't have the advanced stats, but it seems to me that the Pels should be finding someone other than Ingram to shoot in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    He takes a lot of shots in the 4th quarter, and misses most of them. The coach usually ought to have a lot of influence in how the offense runs, and who the team should be trying get the ball to. Apparently the Pelicans are trying to get Ingram to take 4th quarter shots, and it has cost them multiple wins.
    Is there someone else on the team who shoots a high percentage in the 4th quarter? I don't have the advanced stats, but it seems to me that the Pels should be finding someone other than Ingram to shoot in the 4th quarter.
    From what you’re describing it sounds like Brandon Ingram does not play his best when it’s winning time. If true, that would be unusual for a player who is currently an All-Star.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Vernon posted 35 minutes, 21 points on 14 shots, 6 rebounds.

And the only Hornet with a positive plus-minus (+14).
    Included him going 1-2 from three and 2-2 from the free throw line, showing some important shooting touch. His ability to shoot from the outside really dispels worries that he's a paint-bound dinosaur (at least on offense).

Tatum having a very nice game vs. GS: tied at 89 through 3 and JT has 32 (7 rebs). If Steph still had eligibility he'd make a great Notre Dame mascot.

Tatum has 42 in a great game. Jabari in for crunch time.

And this just in: Dramond Green is still the biggest whiner in the NBA.

Edit: Curry is unreal.

Grayson with another strong night, 26 pts on 7/10 on threes. Also gave interesting answers in the post game interview which is truly extraordinary

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Tatum has 42 in a great game. Jabari in for crunch time.

And this just in: Dramond Green is still the biggest whiner in the NBA.

Edit: Curry is unreal.
    Surprise of the night for me was tuning in to Jabari scoring well for the Celts, had no clue he was there...great game, Curry was amazing, his last fallaway, off balance three from the corner was insane...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Surprise of the night for me was tuning in to Jabari scoring well for the Celts, had no clue he was there...great game, Curry was amazing, his last fallaway, off balance three from the corner was insane...
    They noted he scored 8 points all season with the Kings and had 11 last night in under 20 minutes of playing time with Boston. Here’s to hoping for a Jabari revival.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    They noted he scored 8 points all season with the Kings and had 11 last night in under 20 minutes of playing time with Boston. Here’s to hoping for a Jabari revival.
    Just another indicator that Stevens can really coach Duke guys

Zion

Watching the Knicks and Pelicans.

Zion is just a freak of nature. How the heck did we not win everything the year that he, Barrett and Reddish played together? Probably a rhetorical question since we know Duke lacked a reliable outside shooter but, still, what an array of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post

Zion is just a freak of nature. How the heck did we not win everything the year that he, Barrett and Reddish played together? Probably a rhetorical question since we know Duke lacked a reliable outside shooter but, still, what an array of talent.
    Well, we weren't a shoe-in.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post

Not watching it, but I see by play by play that, up 3, NO let Bullock take a 3 to tie with 2.3 seconds left, and then got the ball to ... Bledsoe for the unsuccessful shot to win in regulations.