Page 19 of 87 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Kyrie will lose nearly $1M for all this.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...day-quarantine

Portland's center, Jusuf Nurkic, has broken his wrist. No word on how long he will be out, but it should be a while.

Enes Kanter and Harry Giles are the only other big men really capable of playing center on the TBlazers. Kanter will almost certainly become the starter, but this is a real chance for Harry to play consistent minutes, something he has not done much at all in his NBA career thus far.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Portland's center, Jusuf Nurkic, has broken his wrist. No word on how long he will be out, but it should be a while.

Enes Kanter and Harry Giles are the only other big men really capable of playing center on the TBlazers. Kanter will almost certainly become the starter, but this is a real chance for Harry to play consistent minutes, something he has not done much at all in his NBA career thus far.
    Good news! I'm rooting for Harry Giles all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Kyrie will lose nearly $1M for all this.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...day-quarantine
    Damn, there goes his sage money.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    He gets that free for being an honorary member of the tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    He gets that free for being an honorary member of the tribe.
    You’re probably joking, but you’re also quite likely correct.

The NBA leader in assists at this moment is....Jokic! Pretty wild.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Extremely well said. This sums up Kyrie well.
    I am not convinced that he is a “good person”. I’ll never get to know on a personal level what he is- but frankly from what I have seen he seems like a real wanker. I love Harry Giles, Zion, Quinn, Justice - a whole slew of Blue Devils. I do not care for Kyrie - any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by 1991 duke law View Post
    I am not convinced that he is a “good person”. I’ll never get to know on a personal level what he is- but frankly from what I have seen he seems like a real wanker.
    Really??? I disagree with the idea that people who don’t know Kyrie personally can accurately and fairly assess whether or not he is a good person.

What has he done — unrelated to basketball — that would cause you to doubt that he is a good person?

It was only a matter of thyme.

I am not convinced that he is a “good person”. I’ll never get to know on a personal level what he is- but frankly from what I have seen he seems like a real wanker. I love Harry Giles, Zion, Quinn, Justice - a whole slew of Blue Devils. I do not care for Kyrie - any longer.
    A bridge too far for me. Kyrie has done so much good stuff off the court, I can’t see calling him a “real wanker.” No way, no how.

Really??? I disagree with the idea that people who don’t know Kyrie personally can accurately and fairly assess whether or not he is a good person.

What has he done — unrelated to basketball — that would cause you to doubt that he is a good person?
    I have no idea if Kyrie Irving is a good person “unrelated to basketball”. The nature of public personas is that we get limited information about them - and the majority is related to what they do. I know if my partners are “good people”. I can only judge Kyrie by what is disclosed by the media. And on that basis I am not impressed.

If you want a comparison, look at other Blue Devils. In those circumstances the limited public information does not reflect poorly on them. In most cases they look good.

Your glasses have to be pretty rose coloured to give Kyrie the benefit of the doubt.

I have no idea if Kyrie Irving is a good person “unrelated to basketball”. The nature of public personas is that we get limited information about them - and the majority is related to what they do. I know if my partners are “good people”. I can only judge Kyrie by what is disclosed by the media. And on that basis I am not impressed.

If you want a comparison, look at other Blue Devils. In those circumstances the limited public information does not reflect poorly on them. In most cases they look good.

Your glasses have to be pretty rose coloured to give Kyrie the benefit of the doubt.
    No, I disagree. There's lots of positive press regarding his work for social justice. Kyrie is VP of the players union, so perhaps he isn't the horrible teammate people make him out to be. He regularly donates six and seven figures to causes he believes in. To my knowledge he has never run afoul of the law.

Oh, and he's possibly the most talented Blue Devil to lace up basketball shoes.

The glasses don't have to be tinted too dark to see those things.

Yes, he's a pseudo-intellectual who likes to try and talk over people's heads and sometimes speaks nonsense. He is a bit of a headcase. There's far worse crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    It was only a matter of thyme.
    You parse(ly) your words very carefully.

That’s what family, and fandom, does. I’ll gladly cop to wearing Duke blue colored glasses. Talking about Kyrie’s rep in his professional life is far different than calling him a real wanker (i.e. a bad human being).

That’s what family, and fandom, does. I’ll gladly cop to wearing Duke blue colored glasses. Talking about Kyrie’s rep in his professional life is far different than calling him a real wanker (i.e. a bad human being).
    I'll never understand why some folks who defended Grayson to the nth degree feel so comfortable attacking Kyrie.

Well, that is why opinions are free. Everyone has one. You are welcome to defend Kyrie and like him as much as you want. I don’t have the same view as you.

I am a great supporter of Duke, and I have loved duke basketball for years. That does not mean that I blindly love every player from Duke.

Well, that is why opinions are free. Everyone has one. You are welcome to defend Kyrie and like him as much as you want. I don’t have the same view as you.

I am a great supporter of Duke, and I have loved duke basketball for years. That does not mean that I blindly love every player from Duke.
    https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/8/...k-lives-matterhttps://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/8/...k-lives-matter

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...demic.amp.html

http://www.jackcentral.org/opinion/n...74642f4ba.htmlhttp://www.jackcentral.org/opinion/n...74642f4ba.html

https://www.unicefusa.org/press/rele...ca-unicef/8279https://www.unicefusa.org/press/rele...ca-unicef/8279

Feel free to describe him however you like, but it is disingenuous to say that the "media" paints him as a joke loser bad teammate. Do a little bit more research.

What are you talking about? I never said that the media paints him as a “joke loser bad teammate”.

What are you talking about? I never said that the media paints him as a “joke loser bad teammate”.
    You said you only know the Kryie presented in the media, and based in that think he is a wanker.

I'm not saying his is or isn't a wanker, but the media says some pretty positive things about him too.

I'm stepping out of this conversation. Hope he comes back focused and ready.