Page 18 of 87 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I agree with everything you wrote except the last six words. I actually don't think the Nets know more than any of us here. If they did, they wouldn't have made such a bone-headed move.

But... as I said above, should the Nets win the Eastern Conference finals and get to the NBA Finals, I'll offer a sincere mea culpa. Still, I'm liking my odds that such an apology will not be forthcoming. I do feel really bad for Nash and, strangely enough, for Durant as well. Kyrie I feel bad for because I am now thinking he might very well need some serious help for mental health issues. I'll never feel bad for Harden though. He elicits no sympathy from me at all.
    If Kyrie comes back in any sort of positive state, this team will win a lot of games. Don't feel too badly for KD and especially Nash. He has his work cut out for him, but he also has buckets of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am tempted to start a league that has 2 basketballs. I mean, talk about fast paced and exciting!!! You would need at least 5 refs and I have no idea how you would handle free throws... hmmmm.
    Red ball and blue ball -- red ball baskets are three points, blue are two points. Promising. Back in HS I was the official hoops score-keeper one season -- hmmmmm...
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Kyrie excited to return
    ESPN: Kyrie looking forward to being back, GM says.
    https://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/...ean-marks-says

Looks like Kyrie is being merKyriel again.

https://apple.news/ATsQDefm2Q6i6ruFojhCByA

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post

I thought they were best buds and wanted to play together.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post

I actually pray this isn’t true. If it is, Kyrie is done. He’ll have demonstrated he’s a pariah with serious issues, and he will have burned every one of his “get out of jail free” cards.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    I thought they were best buds and wanted to play together.
    A couple of days ago I heard on the radio someone thinking out loud the possibility that Kyrie and Durant are falling out. No info... not speculation... just a thought. Maybe there was something there after all?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    The earth is flat...
    And?

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    A couple of days ago I heard on the radio someone thinking out loud the possibility that Kyrie and Durant are falling out. No info... not speculation... just a thought. Maybe there was something there after all?
    Also read the Rockets said no to a Kyrie for Harden trade. Why trade one disgruntled star for a less talented and even more disgruntled star was their thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    There's a lot of speculation online. For example, this article suggests KI is willing to sit out the rest of the season because he's so unhappy with the Nets. Why? (Shoulder Shrug).

Odd situation. I continue to hope KI is okay; this is unusual behavior.

11. I'll play devil's advocate and suggest that the Harden trade could be beneficial from a basketball point of view.

You have 3 offensive savants and 2 will likely always be on the court at all times. My theory is that 2 superstars and 3 role players is the most optimal team configuration. Look at the Lakers as the prime example -- it was really just LeBron and Davis and a bunch of support players. Even for past teams with big 3s, 1 of the 3 former superstars essentially becomes a role player; e.g. Love with the Cavs, Draymond with the Warriors, Bosh with the Heat.

So I don't think Harden, Kyrie and KD will be on the court together for that many minutes. Maybe 5 to start the game, 3 to close the half, 5 to start the half and 3 to end the game if close? Let's say 15 minutes? For the other 33 minutes, the team will run the 2 superstars and 3 role players set-up; with spare minutes for garbage time.

For 33 minutes you'll have balanced basketball, and for 15 minutes it'll be an offensive explosion (and porous defense probably). The point is that the Nets can be good for all 48 minutes, whereas most teams have a noticeable drop off when they go to the bench.

P.S. This team needs to sign another big however.

Our local paper in Bangalore publishes each week the most searched terms on Google in various countries. Despite everything that went on last week, "Kyrie Irving" was the second most searched term in the US after "Trump impeachment"Kyrie google search.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    There's a lot of speculation online. For example, this article suggests KI is willing to sit out the rest of the season because he's so unhappy with the Nets. Why? (Shoulder Shrug).

Odd situation. I continue to hope KI is okay; this is unusual behavior.
    Drama nearly all the time. Not a good look.

Come on, Kyrie. Are you in or out? (if he decided he wanted to do things other than basketball, that would be okay)

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Come on, Kyrie. Are you in or out? (if he decided he wanted to do things other than basketball, that would be okay)
    Kyrie isn’t worth the headache he brings. I really thought pairing with his buddy Durant was going to fix things for him but we are less than 15 games in the season and we see how that is going.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

This is 3 teams in a row that he's had issues with. It's either the coach, the alpha, management, or all three.

He is a talent. No one denies that. But he's just not worth it.

As a Celtics fan, I am so happy he's not on the team, even if Kemba is more injury prone and 75% the talent.

Kyrie is likely a "good guy" (however you define it), but he's a franchise killer. I don't think that's debatable at this point.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

The Kyrie situation is so disappointing. It seems he is a good person but a bad employee. Hope he figures it out in a way that's best for all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post

Kyrie is likely a "good guy" (however you define it), but he's a franchise killer. I don't think that's debatable at this point.
    If the situation turns out to be true according to the "gossip sheets" and Kyrie is upset at the Nets, Durant or Nash only 15 games in, then I sadly must agree. I've been one of the biggest supporters of Kyrie on this board. And I'll still support him as a Dukie and fellow human being. But if the info we are hearing is true then there's no more excuses for him. All the bridges are burned and I doubt he'll ever recover his rep or bright NBA future going forward. It will be all downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    The Kyrie situation is so disappointing. It seems he is a good person but a bad employee. Hope he figures it out in a way that's best for all parties.
    Extremely well said. This sums up Kyrie well.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

whatever they pay Steve Nash, it isn't enough.

Nash signed up for the Kyrie experience, i dont feel bad for him. But adding Harden to this mess can not be a fun time.