Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1725
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    First DBR sneakerhead with some Zion 1s will be the coolest DBRer
    https://news.nike.com/news/zion-will...s-release-date
    Not really sure what makes them special. The Kyrie 1s were awesome and a revelation; those side-treads are dope.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Not really sure what makes them special. The Kyrie 1s were awesome and a revelation; those side-treads are dope.
    Feels weird having that Jumpman logo on there...

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Agree. And don't forget what leadership and tone/culture can bring - i.e., Thibs as coach. Has instilled a drive and an attention to defense lacking for years. Love RJ (of course) and appreciate the jump from Randle, but I think Thibs should be put into the mix vis a vis the performance so far.
    Yeah, this Bulls fan will second that on Thibs. Agree completely on the culture change, and also think he's a perfect fit for RJ as a head coach. Thibs clearly appreciates RJ's commitment to defense and overall work ethic, and has given him a long rope to develop (averaging 34 mpg). My words not his, but I suspect Thibs sees a lot of Jimmy Butler in RJ, and thinks he can develop into a similar, high-level 2-way playmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Yeah, this Bulls fan will second that on Thibs. Agree completely on the culture change, and also think he's a perfect fit for RJ as a head coach. Thibs clearly appreciates RJ's commitment to defense and overall work ethic, and has given him a long rope to develop (averaging 34 mpg). My words not his, but I suspect Thibs sees a lot of Jimmy Butler in RJ, and thinks he can develop into a similar, high-level 2-way playmaker.
    Yup. This is the power of coaches like Thibs and SVG; they can maximize the potential of a player in a facet of the game they didn't know existed.

RJ never ran around the court rotating on defense or closing down players at Duke nor his first year in the NBA. This year? He's a completely different player on defense.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

5. Agree on Thibs, but SVG? He's a middling coach.

Pelicans ahead of Nets 29-26 at the end of the first quarter. (TNT)

Zion has 10 points (4-5 FG, 2-2 FT). Brandon adds 4. Kyrie has 6 for Brooklyn. Kevin Durant and James Harden are not playing tonight.

New Zions look pretty sweet. Loved the commercial with his little bro, too.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    Agree on Thibs, but SVG? He's a middling coach.
    I think most NBA fans would give him much higher marks.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Pelicans ahead of Nets 29-26 at the end of the first quarter. (TNT)

Zion has 10 points (4-5 FG, 2-2 FT). Brandon adds 4. Kyrie has 6 for Brooklyn. Kevin Durant and James Harden are not playing tonight.
    Zion and Kyrie put on quite a show, and Ingram was excellent, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Zion and Kyrie put on quite a show, and Ingram was excellent, too.
    Ingram made his shots at the end, and so did Zion -- but the Pels' offensive plays at the end were just awww-ful!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I think most NBA fans would give him much higher marks.
    I know his Magic teams were good when he had Dwight, Jameer, Hedo, Rafer, Rashard and so on. I've only been following the NBA more closely the last few years though and the Pistons were not good under SVG's watch and outside of a historically amazing Zion, the Pels are worse this year than last. As their record indicates. And their fourth quarter meltdowns are too consistent to chalk it up to bad luck or bad players, especially since they didn't have them last year.

Zach Lowe has David Thorpe on "The Lowe Post" to talk about the Most Improved Player race and a few of our guys get discussed including Grayson, RJ and Zion
    https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/31296741

Also, I wasn't able to get to the Knicks v Hornets game until the start of the 4th quarter. I was hoping to see Big Vern but he didn't see the floor in the last stanza. So, I went to the box score and saw, essentially, a 3 Trillion. He started, played 3 minutes, registered no stats, and had a minus 8. It looks like the Hornets went down 8 in the first few minutes, Borrego brought PJ Washington in for Vern, Washington led all scorers with 26 and that was that for the big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Zach Lowe has David Thorpe on "The Lowe Post" to talk about the Most Improved Player race and a few of our guys get discussed including Grayson, RJ and Zion
    https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/31296741

Also, I wasn't able to get to the Knicks v Hornets game until the start of the 4th quarter. I was hoping to see Big Vern but he didn't see the floor in the last stanza. So, I went to the box score and saw, essentially, a 3 Trillion. He started, played 3 minutes, registered no stats, and had a minus 8. It looks like the Hornets went down 8 in the first few minutes, Borrego brought PJ Washington in for Vern, Washington led all scorers with 26 and that was that for the big guy.
    I thought maybe Vernon had sprained and ankle or something. That was a quick yank from a game if it was only about his poor play. He also had a poor 2nd start game previous to this one, after that great first one.

Luke Kennard stepped up for a Clippers squad missing Paul George and Kawhi Leonard and got 28 points to help LA beat the Grindhouse Devils.

Grayson, Tyus and Justise didn't make much of an impact, but Jaren Jackson Jr. saw the court for the first this season which might mean less PT for our guys. We'll see.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401307688

Cool Hand Luke interview

https://twitter.com/i/status/1385093180060684296
    Kennard is a polished interview.Saw him chatting with Grayson Allen and Tyus Jones after game.

25, 12 and 4 on 8-16 for RJ today, helping the Knicks win their ninth straight. He's getting better and better, and he works his butt off on D too.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    25, 12 and 4 on 8-16 for RJ today, helping the Knicks win their ninth straight. He's getting better and better, and he works his butt off on D too.
    As I noted in another post, it’s finally a good year to be a Knicks fan. No idea how far they will go (probably not very), but enjoying the ride.

Mason is having himself a game so far. 16 points, 18 rebounds, and five assists with a few minutes left in the fourth quarter.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The Pelicans are finished after losing to the Spurs tonight. That was their last stand, and they lost by two points. I think they are something like five games out and I don’t see that they have enough time to make up that gap. Sad, because Zion had 33 points and something like 14 rebounds again tonight. But all for not. This is going to go down as a wasted season in terms of the numbers that Zion has put up with the team not making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    The Pelicans are finished after losing to the Spurs tonight. That was their last stand, and they lost by two points. I think they are something like five games out and I don’t see that they have enough time to make up that gap. Sad, because Zion had 33 points and something like 14 rebounds again tonight. But all for not. This is going to go down as a wasted season in terms of the numbers that Zion has put up with the team not making the playoffs.
    As has often been the case, Pelicans had a 4th quarter lead and couldn't finish with the win. Part of this problem may be coaching, but they just don't have enough good players currently to get to a winning record.