Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Kyrie has accomplished far more than Johnny Football. Not a good equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Agreed. But it’s definitely not a good look.

Is Johnny Football🏈 the guy who doesn’t actually play football?

In my use, "to pull a Johnny Football" means unexplained absences from a team during or shortly after which pictures pop up that make said absence look questionable (at best).

Nets GM releases statement about the Kyrie situation.

Most notably, he says a date for Kyrie's return to the team has not been finalized.

well, i guess that puts the finishing touches on that argument: how can someone consider Kyrie a good teammate if he is willing to so casually dismiss rules that are intended to keep him and his teammates safe? What, rules don't apply to him? Come on, grow up. He's a dynamic and captivating player, but his immaturity and selfishness are hurting his team.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    well, i guess that puts the finishing touches on that argument: how can someone consider Kyrie a good teammate if he is willing to so casually dismiss rules that are intended to keep him and his teammates safe? What, rules don't apply to him? Come on, grow up. He's a dynamic and captivating player, but his immaturity and selfishness are hurting his team.
    You are welcome to that opinion. It certainly doesn't look good.

I will still wait for more details before attacking him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Is Johnny Football🏈 the guy who doesn’t actually play football?
    I think he still plays. Didn’t he just sign up fir some new fans-call-the-plays gimmick league?

Shannon Sharp referred to him as Kanye Irving on Undisputed today

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Shannon Sharp referred to him as Kanye Irving on Undisputed today
    Ouch

Ouch
    Yeezus, that's going to leave a mark?

Bummer. Zion out due to safety protocol. Was looking forward to watching him on a televised game tonight.

You are welcome to that opinion. It certainly doesn't look good.

I will still wait for more details before attacking him.
    I loved Kyrie in his one season at Duke. I was so impressed with him when he did uncle Drew – such a young man accomplishing so much.

His departure from Cleveland and his spat with LeBron, his attitude and difficulties in Boston, his attacks of the media and this whole current debacle have made it fairly easy to run as fast as you can in supporting him.

The NBA has a lot of excellent players - and to their credit few come across (based on what we see) as being arrogant, smug, self righteous or self-centred. The youngest superstar is Zion - and I recognize he can change, but his humble attitude is beautiful. I love how he carries himself. Kyrie however appears to be - based on what he has shown us - to be most things that I personally dislike in a person.

More details may surface but those will not explain his past conduct. It may very well be that there’s something wrong with Kyrie. And I will of course understand - and be sympathetic - if he has mental health issues. But at this stage, based on his history and what we have seen in the past week – it seems that this may just be a selfish and self-centered young man.

Quote Originally Posted by 1991 duke law View Post
    I loved Kyrie in his one season at Duke. I was so impressed with him when he did uncle Drew – such a young man accomplishing so much.

His departure from Cleveland and his spat with LeBron, his attitude and difficulties in Boston, his attacks of the media and this whole current debacle have made it fairly easy to run as fast as you can in supporting him.

The NBA has a lot of excellent players - and to their credit few come across (based on what we see) as being arrogant, smug, self righteous or self-centred. The youngest superstar is Zion - and I recognize he can change, but his humble attitude is beautiful. I love how he carries himself. Kyrie however appears to be - based on what he has shown us - to be most things that I personally dislike in a person.

More details may surface but those will not explain his past conduct. It may very well be that there’s something wrong with Kyrie. And I will of course understand - and be sympathetic - if he has mental health issues. But at this stage, based on his history and what we have seen in the past week – it seems that this may just be a selfish and self-centered young man.
    Pop the popcorn. Another team killer is now flying over and into the Cuckoos nest in Brooklyn. Barkley is going to enjoy watching this basket of drama divas unravel. Nets now have 3 of the most sensitive fragile ‘stars’ in the history of the nba. They will turn it on and have some incredible runs ... but it will be fleeting when someone gets just a little more limelight. Stephen A is going to be screaming every morning about what happened the night before on the latest episode of Real Housewives of Brooklyn. Thank goodness Boston is the real deal. And Zion is too.

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    Pop the popcorn. Another team killer is now flying over and into the Cuckoos nest in Brooklyn. Barkley is going to enjoy watching this basket of drama divas unravel. Nets now have 3 of the most sensitive fragile ‘stars’ in the history of the nba. They will turn it on and have some incredible runs ... but it will be fleeting when someone gets just a little more limelight. Stephen A is going to be screaming every morning about what happened the night before on the latest episode of Real Housewives of Brooklyn. Thank goodness Boston is the real deal. And Zion is too.
    Full support of this sentiment. The fireworks in Brooklyn are going to be amazing.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but how is KD the most normal of that trio?

That dude is gonna blow up, and I can't blame him.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Full support of this sentiment. The fireworks in Brooklyn are going to be amazing.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but how is KD the most normal of that trio?

That dude is gonna blow up, and I can't blame him.
    yeah, I have nothing against any of those guys, but man, Steve Nash is going to need some serious therapy dealing with that bunch...glad to hear someone on ESPN reflect my question if Brooklyn will be allowed to play with two basketballs.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    glad to hear someone on ESPN reflect my question if Brooklyn will be allowed to play with two basketballs.
    I am tempted to start a league that has 2 basketballs. I mean, talk about fast paced and exciting!!! You would need at least 5 refs and I have no idea how you would handle free throws... hmmmm.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am tempted to start a league that has 2 basketballs. I mean, talk about fast paced and exciting!!! You would need at least 5 refs and I have no idea how you would handle free throws... hmmmm.
    It will be interesting. My forecast is that it will not work all that well. It's also not clear to me, given that they already had Irving and Durant, that Harden will be more valuable than Lavert. But the Nets thought otherwise, and they know more than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    It will be interesting. My forecast is that it will not work all that well. It's also not clear to me, given that they already had Irving and Durant, that Harden will be more valuable than Lavert. But the Nets thought otherwise, and they know more than I do.
    I agree with everything you wrote except the last six words. I actually don't think the Nets know more than any of us here. If they did, they wouldn't have made such a bone-headed move.

But... as I said above, should the Nets win the Eastern Conference finals and get to the NBA Finals, I'll offer a sincere mea culpa. Still, I'm liking my odds that such an apology will not be forthcoming. I do feel really bad for Nash and, strangely enough, for Durant as well. Kyrie I feel bad for because I am now thinking he might very well need some serious help for mental health issues. I'll never feel bad for Harden though. He elicits no sympathy from me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    The earth is flat...