Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1725
    Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    This is hell on wheels. Utah's making New Orleans pay for not playing defense.

I don't care if New Orleans can't play defense: the quicker the other guys score, the more we get to watch the real show.
    Zion's four turnovers let Utah back in the game. Then he made two free throws, plus grabbed a key rebound.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    JJ, Ingram and Zion make up 69 of the Pelicans 129 points. (17,26,26)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

This dude on CBS Sports foolishly predicted that Zion would struggle tonight due to Rudy Gobert's presence protecting the rim:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/w...ts-for-monday/

Try 26, 10, and 5 with 5 of the rebounds being offensive. Dude is not human.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Charlotte, the "Gateway to Gastonia", was a topic of interest on Saturday Night Live:
    JJ had Kenan Thompson on his podcast last week. The subject of his LaVar Ball impressions came up of course. Skip to 1:28 for the impression and resulting discussion.

March Comes in Like a Blue Devil

14 for 24 from three in the games March 1 -- led by Kyrie at 6 for10 and JJ at 3 for 4.

Also won seven of nine games, close to the max of eight given the schedule.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Regarding the Marvin Bagley "haunted" thing, I did not mean that he personally would lay awake in bed thinking about it. I meant that it would hang over his reputation. The front office/coaching staff in Sacto right now feel that they could have done much much better than drafting Marvin. Some fans probably resent the fact that he isn't the impact player that those other guys are. And that general attitude can impact how a player plays.

Atlanta Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce was just fired yesterday. While he had nothing to do with it, one of the reasons for Pierce being fired is that the Hawks front office in under immense pressure due to the perception that they bungled by trading Luka for Trae. In effect, Pierce is being blamed for the team not being as good as it would be if they had kept Luka. I'm serious...

I don't follow the Kings closely enough to know what goes on in the organization, but I could imagine that the front office or coaching staff might feel some similar resentment of Marvin for not being as good as Luka (or even as good as Trae). Are there folks who are more in tune with the general feeling in that community to know whether this is a thing? If so, I could certainly see it impacting general feelings about Marvin and his future with Kings.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    JJ, Ingram and Zion make up 69 of the Pelicans 129 points. (17,26,26)
    That was a fun game to watch! I'm glad they hung on to win (something they have had issues with this season). They created a nice lead in the 3rd quarter essentially because Zion just took over. Did JJ have 2 4-point plays? I know he had one. It was good to see him playing pretty well last night. NOP is a fun team to watch...if they ever learn to play defense consistently, look out because that team can score.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Regarding the Marvin Bagley "haunted" thing, I did not mean that he personally would lay awake in bed thinking about it. I meant that it would hang over his reputation. The front office/coaching staff in Sacto right now feel that they could have done much much better than drafting Marvin. Some fans probably resent the fact that he isn't the impact player that those other guys are. And that general attitude can impact how a player plays.

Atlanta Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce was just fired yesterday. While he had nothing to do with it, one of the reasons for Pierce being fired is that the Hawks front office in under immense pressure due to the perception that they bungled by trading Luka for Trae. In effect, Pierce is being blamed for the team not being as good as it would be if they had kept Luka. I'm serious...

I don't follow the Kings closely enough to know what goes on in the organization, but I could imagine that the front office or coaching staff might feel some similar resentment of Marvin for not being as good as Luka (or even as good as Trae). Are there folks who are more in tune with the general feeling in that community to know whether this is a thing? If so, I could certainly see it impacting general feelings about Marvin and his future with Kings.
    I think you are spot on with this, Jason. It’s pretty clear that Sacramento doesn’t think Bagley has really lived up to his draft position. I’m of the opinion there’s a great chance they will trade him in the coming days leading up to the deadline, if they think they can get something solid back. And I don’t really think it would be a bad thing for the Kings, or for Bagley himself. I think he needs a change of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

There is definitely resentment towards Bagley, at least among some Sacramento fans, because of who he was drafted before. He has averaged roughly 15 and 8 for his career, but unfortunately is mocked routinely on message boards, reddit, radio for what he isn't. Its become a running joke even among fans of other teams (Doncic with 30/15/12 tonight - Yeah, but he doesn't have Bagley's second jump). When he has a good game and someone asks why so many are trashing him, someone reasonable explains that fans resent the fact that he was chosen over Young and Doncic in particular). The fact that he has missed so many games with injuries and that his father has gotten into twitter feuds with the team's star and his father hasn't helped matters. And as Doncic continues to look like a generational talent, Kings fans are constantly reminded what they missed out on. It may not be fair, but its definitely real.

Hopefully, Bagley can stay healthy and put up good numbers and win more people over. I have already begun to see more people begin to defend Bagley and state that he isn't responsible for where he was drafted and that he actually plays pretty well when he plays. Many place the blame for passing on Doncic squarely on Vlade, who evidently believed he would be redundant with Fox (and, if rumors are to be believed, was swayed because he doesn't like his father.). Regardless of the reasoning, it has affected the perception of Marvin in Sacramento and beyond. If I'm aware of it, I am certain that Bagley is also. And while its easy to say he's young and wealthy and should care less, I'm not sure it is that simple. Whoever mentioned on here that Marvin might benefit from a change of scenery was certainly not the first person to suggest this, so I don't think it is a ridiculous suggestion.

Sacramento

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I think you are spot on with this, Jason. It’s pretty clear that Sacramento doesn’t think Bagley has really lived up to his draft position. I’m of the opinion there’s a great chance they will trade him in the coming days leading up to the deadline, if they think they can get something solid back. And I don’t really think it would be a bad thing for the Kings, or for Bagley himself. I think he needs a change of scenery.
    Seems like everyone who gets drafted by the Kings needs a change of scenery. It's been that way as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Seems like everyone who gets drafted by the Kings needs a change of scenery. It's been that way as long as I can remember.
    Just go to Sacramento and you'll see why. California is a huge state with so many beautiful places. Sacramento is not really among them.

Hey I mean they won a championship as recently as 1951.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Just go to Sacramento and you'll see why. California is a huge state with so many beautiful places. Sacramento is not really among them.
    Superior tomato juice, though...

I ate at a Denny's in Sacramento six years ago.

That's it. That's my whole story.

Plumlee with 14,11 and 10 in a victory over the Raptors. His second triple double of the year, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Plumlee with 14,11 and 10 in a victory over the Raptors. His second triple double of the year, I believe.
    Mason is on my fantasy team and has been great this year!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I'm reminded of the saying, "The common thread in all your unsatisfactory relationships ... is you."

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Sacramento had some highlights in the movie Lady Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    I’m assuming 14 PTS and 11 REB or vice versa. But what’s the 10? Assists? Blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Sacramento had some highlights in the movie Lady Bird.
    I went to Sacramento for a business trip about 20 years ago. Monday night in the early fall, we asked around for a bar to watch Monday Night Football. We tried three different recommended "sports bars" in downtown Sacramento and saw about five people total between the three bars. It was quite underwhelming. I have not returned since. My boss used to routinely do day trips from NY to Sacramento - morning flight from NYC, with the time change you are there for lunch. Have a few meetings. Take the red-eye home. He wanted to keep his visits as short as possible.