How many ACC wins does Duke need?

With Duke losing both marquee matchups and having a really weak OOC schedule, how many ACC wins are needed to feel comfortable for an NCAA invitation? Obviously there is a chance games get canceled, so maybe it is more of a win % question. The ACC looks pretty weak this year so we might be looking at only being a 4-bid league or worse. Assuming a 20 game schedule, I’m thinking 13 wins is the minimum to feel pretty confident...

Assuming Duke plays 20 ACC games, I’d say they need to win 13-14 to get into the dance.

If no more games get cancelled, that’s 25 total games this year for Duke. Assuming they go 3-2 out of conference, 13-7 in the ACC would put them at 16-9 heading into the ACCT. Go 1-1 there, you’re at 17-10 on selection Sunday and I think they dance. Of course, let’s just win the ACCT!

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    With Duke losing both marquee matchups and having a really weak OOC schedule, how many ACC wins are needed to feel comfortable for an NCAA invitation? Obviously there is a chance games get canceled, so maybe it is more of a win % question. The ACC looks pretty weak this year so we might be looking at only being a 4-bid league or worse. Assuming a 20 game schedule, I’m thinking 13 wins is the minimum to feel pretty confident...
    Depends on how the conference wins play out. If they are in the top-5 of the ACC and have some wins over the other top-4, then they'll almost certainly get in. Maybe that is 12 or 13 wins. Maybe it requires 14. It will also depend on how the other conferences play out.

Obviously the losses to MSU and Illinois along with the absence of any other meaningful nonconference games makes things tougher. A .500 record in conference would probably not be enough this year given the relatively poor performances the ACC has had nationwide.

Thumbs up

ricks

I think 60% overall ACC win percentage would be enough, but I'm skeptical we will get there.