Gardner-Webb game rescheduled to 12-19; Elon game canceled

Bummer to see one of the games cancelled outright, but it's nice to know that there will be at least one of these tune-up games back on the schedule. Seems like it will be useful for this squad.

Thanks for sharing!

Seems like a good time to schedule it, since we were going to have a 13 day layoff and now it's only 10 days. Classes ended before Thanksgiving, so there's no need to have that much time off.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieTiger View Post
    Bummer to see one of the games cancelled outright, but it's nice to know that there will be at least one of these tune-up games back on the schedule. !
    The press release from Duke refers to the Elon game being "postponed," not cancelled. I think there is still a chance Duke tries to find a date to play that game. I'm not sure if they are going to send the team home for Christmas -- I sorta hope they don't because that could open the players up to Covid infection in a way that staying at Duke does not -- but if the team is sticking around campus over the break, I could see something like Tue/Wed the 22nd/23rd being a good date for a make up game with Elon. I'd hate to launch into our ACC schedule on 12/29 without having played at all for the previous 10 days.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The press release from Duke refers to the Elon game being "postponed," not cancelled. I think there is still a chance Duke tries to find a date to play that game. I'm not sure if they are going to send the team home for Christmas -- I sorta hope they don't because that could open the players up to Covid infection in a way that staying at Duke does not -- but if the team is sticking around campus over the break, I could see something like Tue/Wed the 22nd/23rd being a good date for a make up game with Elon. I'd hate to launch into our ACC schedule on 12/29 without having played at all for the previous 10 days.
    Our ACC schedule launches on 12/16 at Notre Dame (on ESPN).

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Our ACC schedule launches on 12/16 at Notre Dame (on ESPN).
    Yes, but I am talking about the ACC-only schedule beginning in January with Pitt and then FSU. That is where our season will be made or lost.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Interesting. The press release also includes this:

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Press Release
    Duke's updated schedule also includes times and TV designations that have been released by the ACC for the conference slate.
    Checking there shows tonight's game, and tonight's game only, on RSN. Everything else is in the ESPN/ACCN universe. Although tonight's game shows up currently for me in the ESPN app, RSN games usually end up blacked out locally. I'll try VPN, but the last time I did that on a sporting event, the computer caught it and wouldn't allow access.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    In theory, we could play Elon at the last minute if one of our ACC games is postponed/cancelled (and, of course, if Elon is available in that window.)

any particular date it was postponed to?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I'll try VPN, but the last time I did that on a sporting event, the computer caught it and wouldn't allow access.
    I was able to VPN to a non-market location and watch the Bellarmine game. When you say the “computer” caught it, what exactly do you mean? (Feel free to PM me, or to just not respond at all.)

I'm not sure where to put this. Apparently the ACCN is going to a split screen for the Charleston Southern game.

8:00 ACCN UVA @VT football. https://hokiesports.com/sports/football/schedule
    8:30 ACCN Charleston Southern @Duke basketball. https://goduke.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

I did not see an update on goduke, but I assume Duke will go to ACCNX instead.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    I'm not sure where to put this. Apparently the ACCN is going to a split screen for the Charleston Southern game.

8:00 ACCN UVA @VT football. https://hokiesports.com/sports/football/schedule
    8:30 ACCN Charleston Southern @Duke basketball. https://goduke.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

I did not see an update on goduke, but I assume Duke will go to ACCNX instead.
    ACC Network online schedule says football on Saturday evening. I'm sure ACCNX for the Charleston Southern game.