Our schedule in ACC - helpful?

Just within the ACC I think it will help this young team that we play what I (my humble opinion) perceive as the weakest 4 teams all twice:

We get these twice:
    Notre Dame
    Georgia Tech
    Pitt
    Wake Forest (I think Forbes is a good coach and may turn them around but may not have a lot to work with yet)

I think BC may be a little better than those 4 as they pushed Villanova and beat URI who is decent..

Agree those are probably the weakest 4 teams?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Just within the ACC I think it will help this young team that we play what I (my humble opinion) perceive as the weakest 4 teams all twice:

We get these twice:
    Notre Dame
    Georgia Tech
    Pitt
    Wake Forest (I think Forbes is a good coach and may turn them around but may not have a lot to work with yet)

I think BC may be a little better than those 4 as they pushed Villanova and beat URI who is decent..

Agree those are probably the weakest 4 teams?
    I know it was a long and strange off season, but did I really space on Wake finally 86ing Danny and the Miracles?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I know it was a long and strange off season, but did I really space on Wake finally 86ing Danny and the Miracles?
    Yup, you did. They let him go months ago.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    If we ever play a whole season, and do manage to play in post season tourneys, playing weaker teams isn't a bonus.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    May have gotten a bit lost in other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    If we ever play a whole season, and do manage to play in post season tourneys, playing weaker teams isn't a bonus.
    Not to be a pessimist, but we may need to get into the tournament first, so any win is a good win.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Not to be a pessimist, but we may need to get into the tournament first, so any win is a good win.
    If we don't make it to the tourney, then this year, even with COVID, will be the most disappointing season in my lifetime. As far as I know that hasn't happened with a Duke team starting out in the top 10. At least not one coached by K.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    If we don't make it to the tourney, then this year, even with COVID, will be the most disappointing season in my lifetime. As far as I know that hasn't happened with a Duke team starting out in the top 10. At least not one coached by K.
    Actual the whole Covid issue is the critical issue. Right now Ohio State football, although one of the top 4 teams in the nation, is sweating getting into the playoffs because they may not play enough games. I am sure an exception will be made.

The NCAA basketball tournament is quite different. However, if there is a required number of wins to get in and Duke has 2 nonconference losses (MSU and Ill) and 5-6 ACC losses and then has games canceled, will a 13-8 team (3-2 non-conf and 10-6 in the ACC) get into the NCAA tournament.