Brainstorming- Duke, UK

If Duke and Kentucky don’t make the NCAA Tournament, I propose thy play an Honor First Responders game and have all the proceeds go to the non salaried employees at Duke and UK Medical Centers. Why not go bigger and invite Indiana and U Conn and do a weekend tournament.
    Something like this places the 2020- 2021 season in an appropriate historical perspective and is much preferred over the NIT.

Wouldn't putting these 4, Duke, UK, UConn and IU into the NIT be a good start at getting the NIT back to the role of prominence that it once ahead? Hell I'd think with these 4 schools to start a of of folks once again would take notice and be very interested in the NIT tournament once again even if for only 1 year.

Was hoping this was a bbq thread. 😞

Quote Originally Posted by SamHouston View Post
    If Duke and Kentucky don’t make the NCAA Tournament, I propose thy play an Honor First Responders game and have all the proceeds go to the non salaried employees at Duke and UK Medical Centers. Why not go bigger and invite Indiana and U Conn and do a weekend tournament.
    Something like this places the 2020- 2021 season in an appropriate historical perspective and is much preferred over the NIT.
    I believe there are NCAA rules about games like this once the NCAA/NIT/whatever tourney field has been announced. I doubt either team would have much interest in this, even though the cause is a good one. Additionally, I'm not sure there would be all that much TV interest in this game at a time when the NCAA tournament (real games with real consequences versus a meaningless exhibition) is going on.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

No doubt I was attempting to salvage something meaningful from this unique season.

Just Stating The Obvioius.. But

Although not explicitly stated, I assume you are proposing a TV event and not an in-person event. An in-person event would seem to be in opposition (super-spreader event) to what you are trying to gather funds for.

Larry
    DevilHorse

Ever since the whole "let's use the cancelled Battle of Atlantis as an opportunity to raise awareness for social justice" turned out to be a whole lot of absolutely nothing, I'm not really expecting the unversity to do much in the way of promoting good will.

Dumb, these programs are not bigger than the game.

It seems to have similarities to the old consolation game at the Final Four ... the two semifinal losers played for 3rd place right before the championship game. Probably discontinued because there wasn't much interest in watching the losers play again.