Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    There's an irony in these musings, since we originally had Miami and not FSU on our schedule.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yup, we may not see that point spread vs FSU ever again, but who knows? The Miami game, though, just seems like gratuitous pain and suffering.
    Seeing Duke beat Florida State in football is definitely on my sports to-do list. There's still a chance the teams will meet on 12-12, according to Cut. My look at today's presser will be up later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Clemson beat Miami 42-17. Doesn’t that give Clemson the nod? Or, does Miami go based on higher win percentage? I’m not sure about the tiebreaker rules.
    https://theacc.com/sports/2020/9/23/FB_0923200510.aspx

You won't know the UNC-Miami game result in time to give Clemson the week off. I doubt Clemson wants to give ND an extra bye week for a rematch.

I will defer to Cut since he's on the inside, but UVA (4-4) also needs FSU for a bowl. We have the quietest bark of the 3 dogs in Stray Gator's Photoshop.

For those of you who do not read the home page.

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...-duke-football

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    For those of you who do not read the home page.

Thanks, Jim. Perhaps something will click in practice this week. One can hope.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    There's an irony in these musings, since we originally had Miami and not FSU on our schedule.
    True. Although many of us originally thought this should be a Bowl year.

2020, you cruel expletive.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Combining threads, I believe you would refer to this as a "cruel UNC?" Or is that redundant?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Combining threads, I believe you would refer to this as a "cruel UNC?" Or is that redundant?
    No, wholly valid. Did not want to confuse those that don’t cross-pollinate with the OTB.

cycles

I hope we have the same turnaround as Northwestern. Last year(2019) Northwestern had a grad transfer from Clemson as quarterback. They were expected to have an excellent year. Instead they had one of their worst records. This year they have been serious contenders for the Big 10 championship. Could Duke have a similar turnaround next year? They will need to make a lot of changes but it is possible,

Quote Originally Posted by Barnstormer View Post
    I hope we have the same turnaround as Northwestern. Last year(2019) Northwestern had a grad transfer from Clemson as quarterback. They were expected to have an excellent year. Instead they had one of their worst records. This year they have been serious contenders for the Big 10 championship. Could Duke have a similar turnaround next year? They will need to make a lot of changes but it is possible,
    Straw grasping 101.

Are we Constitutionally protected?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Seeing Duke beat Florida State in football is definitely on my sports to-do list. There's still a chance the teams will meet on 12-12, according to Cut. My look at today's presser will be up later today.
    Since it appears that a note from our doctor that we have a tummy ache and therefore are in no shape to play Miami won't do the trick, I hereby summons Duke Law's Constitutional experts to file suit against the ACC's violation of the 8th Amendment in compelling Duke to play Miami. As you know, the 8th Amendment prohibits the inflicting of cruel and unusual punishment.

I expect that the ACC's primary defense is that they inflect cruel and unusual punishment routinely, therefore any punishment they hand out is not unusual in the aggregate, ergo no violation of the 8th Amendment which doesn't say "or" or "and/or".
    “I love it. Coach, when we came here, we had a three-hour meeting about the core values. If you really represent the core values, it means diving on the floor, sacrificing your body for your teammates, no matter how much you’re up by or how much you’re down by, always playing hard.” -- Zion

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

It still could be. There are no bowl eligibility requirements this year...
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    It still could be. There are no bowl eligibility requirements this year...
    Interesting. So theoretically, if a lot of the many teams ranked ahead of us can't field a team due to COVID cases, we could get invited to a play in a bowl as the proverbial warm body. I think some bowls have already canceled but you never know!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Interesting. So theoretically, if a lot of the many teams ranked ahead of us can't field a team due to COVID cases, we could get invited to a play in a bowl as the proverbial warm body. I think some bowls have already canceled but you never know!
    If there ever was a year for Liquid Plumber to be a sponsor, the time is now.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

It works both ways. The ACC has lost 4 spots in cancelled bowl games. I'm not expecting anything but the playoff this year.

Jim Sumner article on front page:

Jarett Garner owns his drops...

Those balls that came to me that I wasn’t able to make, that’s on me.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Jim Sumner article on front page:

Jarett Garner owns his drops...
    Not sure who else the drops would be on, jarett...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Not sure who else the drops would be on, jarett...
    I'd have to re-watch the game(no way) but I believe after one of the drops, he was smiling-laughing. I hate to see a player do that.

Duke will play FSU after all on D. 12.

https://goduke.com/news/2020/12/1/fo...or-dec-12.aspx
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Duke will play FSU after all on D. 12.

https://goduke.com/news/2020/12/1/fo...or-dec-12.aspx
    On the road instead of at home as previously scheduled.
    Bob Green