Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieAtlanta View Post
    I thought rock bottom was against UNC but this was worse. Thank goodness I don’t get ACCN, so could only check updates. I know UM is much better than last year, but they are not Alabama or Clemson. If you check their other games, most were really close, including NCS, UVA and Va T. The wheels have definitely fallen off and there is no reason for optimism for next year. And Chase Brice has another year of eligibility! The turnover stats are just embarrassing. That is all about discipline and coaching.
    Something has to change
    This is one of my reasons for being so down for even next year. If Coach Cut continues with Chase, with no visual or measurable improvement, the woes will just continue...

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    This is one of my reasons for being so down for even next year. If Coach Cut continues with Chase, with no visual or measurable improvement, the woes will just continue...
    What makes you think that with 8 months to learn and practice under Cut that he won’t improve next year? Granted his quickness and mobility won’t improve much, but his footwork, timing and decision making should all be better with practice. No reason for such pessimism! LGD GTHcGTH!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    What makes you think that with 8 months to learn and practice under Cut that he won’t improve next year? Granted his quickness and mobility won’t improve much, but his footwork, timing and decision making should all be better with practice. No reason for such pessimism! LGD GTHcGTH!
    I'm with OZZIE on not giving up on the team or on Brice. My question is how much of Brice's problems are on the OL and our receivers. Bobo said that part of the problem was on the receivers for not getting open earlier on plays. Many posters that have followed Duke football for years have noted/posted this as well. Our offense has put the defense in a terrible position by being on the field way too long. Durant has been the most encouraging thing to come out of this miserable season in my opinion. He's looked good even behind a bad OL. Is it coaching(OL) or is it talent? Duke has put some linemen in the NFL over the years but I don't see any going that route from this team.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I'm with OZZIE on not giving up on the team or on Brice. My question is how much of Brice's problems are on the OL and our receivers. Bobo said that part of the problem was on the receivers for not getting open earlier on plays. Many posters that have followed Duke football for years have noted/posted this as well. Our offense has put the defense in a terrible position by being on the field way too long. Durant has been the most encouraging thing to come out of this miserable season in my opinion. He's looked good even behind a bad OL. Is it coaching(OL) or is it talent? Duke has put some linemen in the NFL over the years but I don't see any going that route from this team.

GoDuke!
    I love the optimism, but if I were a betting man (I'm not, so sorry to any would be takers) I would set the over/under on wins the next two years at 7.5 and give people 4 to 1 to take the over.

I was trying to say that if there is no improvement by Chase, then If Coach Cut continues with Chase, I’m not hopeful for next year. I do think that one of the biggest problems this year was no spring training for the team and Chase. Also no normal fall camp. So yes, if the next 8 months are “normal”, I would think Chase could improve... and I’m hoping so.

The offensive line has to improve immensely for Chase Brice to improve. Daniel Jones made up for poor blocking with his legs. Brice ain’t got any.

Attention gluttons for punishment - the Duke - Miami game is being re-broadcast now on ACC Network.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    The offensive line has to improve immensely for Chase Brice to improve. Daniel Jones made up for poor blocking with his legs. Brice ain’t got any.
    Chase Brice has legs. They just don't move very fast! He doesn't run, he lumbers. It's tough to teach quickness...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com