Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    ...one of the rare times I actually figured out what someone else was thinking, let alone my wife, which is almost never .
    Yet, she almost always knows what you are thinking, doesn't she?!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Yet, she almost always knows what you are thinking, doesn't she?!
    100% correct, plus, she often tells me what I should be thinking.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Homer

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Did he really pick UNC to make the Final Four?? Honestly?
    Smith is a "homer" but surely he didn't...

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    On TBS, Eagles soaring, ready to pluck some Jayhawks. At the half.

Cheney (not Dick) shooting well for once. One better watch one’s Self.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by revmel53 View Post
    Smith is a "homer" but surely he didn't...
    He did. In fact, when asked by a fellow panelist if he was just picking with his heart, he said that while it's true that his heart leans towards UNC, he was absolutely serious in believing that UNC would advance to the Final Four, mainly because they have frontline size that no one else can duplicate in practice, and because their young backcourt players have reduced their mistakes from 8 or 9 per game to 2 or 3 per game. His other Final Four picks were Kansas, Michigan, and Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    He did. In fact, when asked by a fellow panelist if he was just picking with his heart, he said that while it's true that his heart leans towards UNC, he was absolutely serious in believing that UNC would advance to the Final Four, mainly because they have frontline size that no one else can duplicate in practice, and because their young backcourt players have reduced their mistakes from 8 or 9 per game to 2 or 3 per game. His other Final Four picks were Kansas, Michigan, and Tennessee.
    He’s brilliant. UT (out). KU (trailing). Brilliant, I tell you.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    He’s brilliant. UT (out). KU (trailing). Brilliant, I tell you.
    Can someone explain to me why he has been re-hired each year? I mean, what has he ever brought to the discussion other than he was a unc player? What else?
    Is he there just to be the absolute opposite of Jay Bilas? (who was on Morning Joe yesterday am, with a bookshelf behind him totally devoid of anything Duke).

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    Can someone explain to me why he has been re-hired each year? I mean, what has he ever brought to the discussion other than he was a unc player? What else?
    Is he there just to be the absolute opposite of Jay Bilas? (who was on Morning Joe yesterday am, with a bookshelf behind him totally devoid of anything Duke).
    He’s a foil for Barles Charkley.

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    Not sure what Jay Bilas has to do with it. They're on different networks. (And how would they be opposites if they both support UNC?)

I've long believed that Charles Barkley's contract with Turner Sports requires them to keep Kenny Smith around just so Charles can make fun of him. Maybe Smith has something to contribute for their NBA shows, but in March, he serves as a UNC homer and little else.

Plus, he got locked out of Wendy's:

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    The last two seasons.

AcCT tournament loss in 2020. Duke didn't get to play. They lost this year's ACC tournament. And yesterday.

I should have been more clear that I was including two postseasons.
    Easy to forget that they did win the Les Robinson Invitational game last year(worth mentioning to remember that they played in that game, and as the lower seed ), bringing them to 2-3 over the 2 seasons. That said, I would like to highlight that their average final loss margin over the 2 seasons is over 25 points. Heels looked good, indeed!
    Go Duke!!! GTHCGTH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    He’s a foil for Barles Charkley.
    I also enjoy watching his ongoing bout with the English language. A workmanlike dismantling...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I also enjoy watching his ongoing bout with the English language. A workmanlike dismantling...
    He also seems to have attended the Cory Alexander school of name dropping. Everyone is his friend, his friend’s kid, a friend of his kid, etc.

That being said, I’m not a huge fan of Kenny but I don’t hate him. I love Charles on the NBA. He is fine on college reacting to strategy and such, but it is often clear that he doesn’t follow college closely during the year. I saw an article today about Charles making a comment about the Wichita State coach showing that Barkley was oblivious to what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    He also seems to have attended the Cory Alexander school of name dropping. Everyone is his friend, his friend’s kid, a friend of his kid, etc.

That being said, I’m not a huge fan of Kenny but I don’t hate him. I love Charles on the NBA. He is fine on college reacting to strategy and such, but it is often clear that he doesn’t follow college closely during the year. I saw an article today about Charles making a comment about the Wichita State coach showing that Barkley was oblivious to what happened.
    Just wanted to drop in and fix that first sentence of your second paragraph. I’m sure it’s just a typo, and should read: “That being said, I’m not a huge fan of Kenny and I absolutely hate him.”

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Just wanted to drop in and fix that first sentence of your second paragraph. I’m sure it’s just a typo, and should read: “That being said, I’m not a huge fan of Kenny and I absolutely hate him.”
    No. It is correct. I don’t hate him. He periodically makes a useful comment. He is better at NBA than college. I am willing to put up with him to hear Charles. Compared to Stephen A he is delightful.

If I may be so cavalier as to tell a joke...

Q: What happened to the chair at Assembly Hall today?
    A: It was so upset with the 4-seed team's play that it tried to throw itself out.

(TruTV)

The Ohio??

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    If I may be so cavalier as to tell a joke...

Q: What happened to the chair at Assembly Hall today?
    A: It was so upset with the 4-seed team's play that it tried to throw itself out.

(TruTV)
    You seem all in a Huff.

I would remind folks that we had one "signature" win this year that is looking less and less impressive.

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I would remind folks that we had one "signature" win this year that is looking less and less impressive.
    But we had a lot of close losses!