Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Today’s game may have had better announcers but I still muted them for just stadium sound.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    She was incredibly anti-Duke. Every play when Tech was on offense, it was a great play from the Tech offense. If Duke made a good play, it was a defensive mistake by Tech, not a good play by Duke. It got very tiresome.
    Both women were cheerleaders for Virginia Tech. It was so obvious and it was almost offensive to my ears.

Did anyone else notice that Seth Greenberg was uncharacteristically complimentary of Duke? And he even picked Duke as likely to win the National Championship. Is this just Seth trying to jinx us?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Seth Greenberg was uncharacteristically complimentary of Duke? And he even picked Duke as likely to win the National Championship. Is this just Seth trying to jinx us?
    I don't think he is smart enough to try to jinx us.

Having said that, if Uncle Fester says we are going to win the National Championship, we are doomed. I mean, when has he been right about ANYTHING?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

What I understood him to say was that by the end of the year we will be the best team in the country. That doesn’t equate to winning the National Championship, as we all know.

But perhaps you heard him on a different segment than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    What I understood him to say was that by the end of the year we will be the best team in the country. That doesn’t equate to winning the National Championship, as we all know.

But perhaps you heard him on a different segment than I did.
    You are probably correct. Although that is still out of character for him to say something that positive about Duke…IMO. And his entire discussion of Duke during that game was unusually positive…

You are probably correct. Although that is still out of character for him to say something that positive about Duke…IMO. And his entire discussion of Duke during that game was unusually positive…
    He’s giddy that K is leaving.

Kvetch alert — We get CA Tues night. Don’t recall whether he’s been paired with Shulman much previously.

There weren't many fouls to be discussed in the Syracuse game. I thought Jay Bilas and Dan Shulman did a nice job calling what became a blowout.

Gminski sighting!

Calling the BC-Heels game. Bally SportsSouth. Has he been around ACC all season?

CA tonight for ND. I hope his ego's under control, and he doesn't ruin what should be an exciting game.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    ... I hope his ego's under control...
    I hope the sun rises in the west.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Just wanted to bump the 2021-22 thread to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Just wanted to bump the 2021-22 thread to the top.
    Thanks, because I posted the news that we get CA for tonight's ND game in 20-21 thread....

CA tonight for ND. I hope his ego's under control, and he doesn't ruin what should be an exciting game.
    I wonder if he will be at home or making the trip to South Bend. Because I think he tends to be worse when he is at home, and I have a feeling he might not be traveling to South Bend.

He will. He's incapable of not ruining it.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    He will. He's incapable of not ruining it.
    MUTE TV time.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    MUTE TV time.

GoDuke!
    Maybe they'll have the crowd noise dialed up so you can't hear the announcers very well.

I was not listening as closely as normal but CA did not bother me as much as he has recently. Shulman is really good so maybe he deserves credit for helping. A few times CA went off on tangents but it was often after being prompted by Shulman - Shulman asked him about his favorite ACC Tournament, so I don't blame the guy for answering. So maybe CA got the memo. Or maybe I just missed his bad moments.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I was not listening as closely as normal but CA did not bother me as much as he has recently. Shulman is really good so maybe he deserves credit for helping. A few times CA went off on tangents but it was often after being prompted by Shulman - Shulman asked him about his favorite ACC Tournament, so I don't blame the guy for answering. So maybe CA got the memo. Or maybe I just missed his bad moments.
    I thought Cory Alexander was good tonight. Let's see... he was on the flagship sorts channel, ESPN, with #1 play-by-play announcer Dan Shulman. Time to put on his "big boy" pants? You bet.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013