Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Go Texas! For more than one reason.
    Bob Green

The big unknown in betting the O/U is overtime, which is where Virginia - Kent State is headed knotted at 62. I have the Under at 128.5.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The big unknown in betting the O/U is overtime, which is where Virginia - Kent State is headed knotted at 62. I have the Under at 128.5.
    Late in OT, you’re looking good.

Edit to add: oops!

-jk

Troublemaker

In light of your demonstrated prowess I for one am willing to contribute $100 to a degenerate alumni fund for you to manage with all proceeds being donated to either Duke or Coach K's charity. Who else will join me?

Quote Originally Posted by smvalkyries View Post
    In light of your demonstrated prowess I for one am willing to contribute $100 to a degenerate alumni fund for you to manage with all proceeds being donated to either Duke or Coach K's charity. Who else will join me?
    I'm in. where do I send the money.

I keep losing bets, and my only solace is I am putting 200 - 300 fake units on them, and Jason seems to be beating me in a race to the coveted negative 5,000 mark!!

Troublemaker

I think we need to see if we can get enough interest. I think a minimum of $1,000 would be appropriate before we set something up. Also we do need Troublemaker's agreement. He might not want to pressure of investing other people's money even if it is all for a good cause.

Hate to rain on the parade, but let’s not do real money gambling here, even if for a good cause.

Thanks,

-jk

Lots of good games to bet on tonight obviously.

Gambling

Jason according to the SEC it's not gambling if you are relying on someone else's skill to make the decisions. LOL Personally I think that is a ridiculous distinction but
    I think investing in football outcomes is really a game of skill more akin to something like playing bridge and gambling at all. However I will gladly defer to your opinion on the subject.

Haha, you're not doing so shabby yourself, smvalkyries. You've actually won more weeks than I have so far. Maybe you should be giving out some investment tips to our competitors here, haha.

You're too kind. I don't think I would have enough time to manage a fund consisting of DBR posters' contributions, although you're definitely correct that I would produce.

If we take Jason's "lose $5000 and you're out!" rule to mean that we all have $5K to invest with in this contest, then I'm basically at 137% ROI on that investment since I've made $6850 so far. All in the span of about 3 weeks. LOL. (And yes, I bet these games and others in real life, too).

There's no hedge fund that's going to perform better than that, lol.

But since -jk- considers this to be "gambling" and just luck, not skill, (despite the fact that I'm rolling towards my 4th Degenerates title), and because I wouldn't have time anyway, I will have to kindly decline your offer, smvalkyries.

Thanks, though, my friend, for putting the "it's skill" argument out there. Because it is.

Tons of games involving ACC teams tomorrow. About half the lines are already up this evening.

For most of you, whatever your goal is, it's now or never. Time to have a big day and get into the black, for example!

And I'm out... negative 5020.

Well, at least we all start fresh and new with the ACC-only schedule in 10 days. Til then, ya'll keep up the good work
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    And I'm out... negative 5020.

Well, at least we all start fresh and new with the ACC-only schedule in 10 days. Til then, ya'll keep up the good work

Well, Jason, you barely got there before I did. I'm at -4,470. One 500 bet and I'm a goner.

I had a terrible 0-4 day.

Even the great ones like me have to deal with bad days.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I had a terrible 0-4 day.

Even the great ones like me have to deal with bad days.
    As long as you keep your humility.

I'm so pleased that I'm still in the top 5. And just like the end of last year, I got there legitimately.

Congrats Troublemaker! This was a truly dominating and impressive performance in this contest. The work you're putting in to pull this off is not easy or more people would be doing it.

To the victor goes the ultimate spoils - DBR bragging rights! (literally priceless)

I stunk it up today. Didn’t blow the doors off in my initial appearance. The Zags Hoos game surprised me in terms of overall score and the beat down the Zags delivered to the Hoos.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I stunk it up today. Didn’t blow the doors off in my initial appearance. The Zags Hoos game surprised me in terms of overall score and the beat down the Zags delivered to the Hoos.
    Like I say after I see the results of every session in this contest - Thank God that was fake money. Jason is starting another ACC contest soon where we all start with a merciful 0 bank account and hollywood dreams

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Congrats Troublemaker! This was a truly dominating and impressive performance in this contest. The work you're putting in to pull this off is not easy or more people would be doing it.

To the victor goes the ultimate spoils - DBR bragging rights! (literally priceless)
    Thank you, my friend. (And congrats to you for winning the final week of this non-conference contest!) I didn't really dominate this one as much as I have in the past (and as much as I would've liked), but a W's a W.

Hopefully Jason starts the next contest soon so people can sign up and get ready to degenerately gamble on Tuesday's slate of conference games!