Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post over?

I thought this contest ended on December 31. Aren't there still a few games left or have you already clinched yet another title? Congrats if you have already clinched, if not I am still fighting for my first title.

Quote Originally Posted by smvalkyries View Post
    I thought this contest ended on December 31. Aren't there still a few games left or have you already clinched yet another title? Congrats if you have already clinched, if not I am still fighting for my first title.
    Jason the commissioner will clarify, I'm sure, because looking at things, I DO see your point of view, smvalkyries:

1. On the one hand, you *are* going to be able to play Tuesday's ACC games (and beyond) in this current contest because the end date for this contest was set a week later than it should've been in Covers. But...

2. On the other hand, the contest *is* called the "Pre-Conference" contest, you can look at the ACC schedule here and see that UVA-Gonzaga effectively represented the end of the pre-conference season with only a couple of one-offs like Syracuse-Georgetown remaining after Jan 1st, and Jason has already signaled that he's going to start a new contest in the next day or so that will capture Tuesday's games since they represent the start of the conference season in earnest.

I'm okay with whatever the ruling will be. If it's "play on" in this contest, I guess one thing we could do, smvalkyries, is to play tomorrow's games in both contests! You might put in different picks for each contest! **One** of them has to win, hahaha. The more degeneracy, the better!

Jason, you should probably start the conference contest today and give people some lead time to sign up. Thanks as always for running this thing!

It was a scheduling error on my part that led to this contest remaining open beyond the end of the ACC "preseason" (which also included several ACC conference games). If ya'll want to keep going with it, that is fine but our attention now turns to the ACC regular season and there is a separate contest for that: https://contests.covers.com/officepo...6-ac9f00b4563a
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Thanks for the clarification on the scheduling error, Jason.

So, yeah, it's up to you, smvalkyries.

If you continue to make plays in this contest, I'll do as well.

Smile End preseason

Sorry I was just looking at the original rules for the contest and did not realize that the Covid schedules had created a timing error. Since I really dislike changing stated rules midstream even if it is to correct an error I would prefer to be able to make picks on both contests. Of course my opinion is colored by the fact that I am in second place not first and would still have a chance to win picking tuesday's contests ::I can see both points of view and would not disagree or contest with any decision you want to make Jason. Actually I think Troublemaker deserves to win but I do take issue with his exception granted inclusion of a non-ACC game in the contest Hail to the champion close but not there only counts in hand grenades
    Now will the new contest include Tournament games ACC and NCAA if actually played this year? or is it just for conference games and next year will early conference games be in the conference contest or the pre-season contest or both? Sometimes I hate my legal education as I always want but rarely get clarity before events occur not afterwards LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by smvalkyries View Post
    Now will the new contest include Tournament games ACC and NCAA if actually played this year? or is it just for conference games and next year will early conference games be in the conference contest or the pre-season contest or both? Sometimes I hate my legal education as I always want but rarely get clarity before events occur not afterwards LOL.
    Thanks, smvalkyries.

To your questions, Jason addressed them in the new thread for the new contest. The ACC tourney will be included in the new contest, but a third contest will be created for the NCAA tourney.

Jason's post above says you can continue playing the early conference games in both contests if you want. And I've already said I will play with you if that's what you choose.