Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see a real season happening. I have trouble getting excited about every third game maybe getting played. Why not put it off until April so at least Coach K can be vaccinated. If I can live without hugging my grandchildren over Thanksgiving, I can well wait a few months for college basketball. Maybe others can convince me that trying to return to normalcy makes sense in the heart of the worst of the whole damn pandemic.
I don't understand why they aren't doing mini-bubbles. In other words, have Gardner Webb and Coppin State come to campus one or two weeks ago to get fully on Duke's Covid protocols. They can practice at Duke's facilities and use whatever education facilities they needed to do their remote learning, and they could play an additional game against each other. Michigan State is playing Notre Dame on Saturday. Seems like it would have been logical to do a bubble of Duke, Michigan State, and Notre Dame in Durham so that we could get the Champions Classic in and knock out our scheduled ACC home game with Notre Dame.

I understand it's probably way more complicated than that but if they were going to do a shortened season anyways might as well just figure out how to do mini-bubbles that rotate every 2-4 weeks. I realize that's the idea behind these multi-team events like the Mako Duke Classic, etc, so clearly it can be done, it just needed to be done more. But that would require teams to go way outside their normal scheduling practices, maybe even require teams to not play so many garbage games against mid and low majors, and all working together and compromising.