Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2020 NBA Draft

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Being a better foul shooter than Chris Burgess is a pretty low bar.
    Curious, Burgess worst FT shooter in Duke history (with reasonable # attempts)? Recall Casey Sanders not very good either.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    over the hill at age 21, Cassius? Hang in there...
    I think Old Man Cassius has a chance to be a solid starter in the NBA. Being able to jump almost four feet above the court will serve him well, not to mention that he was as explosive as any player in college basketball during his one year in college. He has good size 6'6", strong defensive instincts, and exceptional quickness. If he can develp a reasonably consistent jumpshot out to the 3-point line, look out. The Pacers got themselves a steal. I dearly wish the Celtics had drafted him.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Curious, Burgess worst FT shooter in Duke history (with reasonable # attempts)? Recall Casey Sanders not very good either.
    The only person with worse form was Allison Vernerey.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    How important is FT% ?

In the 1967-68 NBA regular season, Wilt was named MVP despite having a 38.0% FT%.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    How important is FT% ?

In the 1967-68 NBA regular season, Wilt was named MVP despite having a 38.0% FT%.
    I would wager that the answer varies by position. A PG shooting 38% from the line probably would not play much, unless he was insanely good at drawing fouls (to foul out the opposing guards). Also, shooting poorly on FTs also might limit one's time during the end of close games, so it would be hard to be known as a "clutch" player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    How important is FT% ?

Yeah but fouls where not give out as generously.

Javin is reportedly signing with Charlotte. Two-way contracts are pretty lucrative this year so it would be great if he could snag one. Presumable full salary will be paid for the G League regardless of how many games are played so getting the affiliate player bonus and the G League salary is still a pretty good deal for a rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    The only person with worse form was Allison Vernerey.
    Oy! That's a painful memory. Zero improvement in four years, too.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Javin is reportedly signing with Charlotte. Two-way contracts are pretty lucrative this year so it would be great if he could snag one. Presumable full salary will be paid for the G League regardless of how many games are played so getting the affiliate player bonus and the G League salary is still a pretty good deal for a rookie year.
    It's an exhibit 10 non-guaranteed training camp deal, and Charlotte has already assigned its two 2-way contracts (Ray Spalding and Nate Darling). So I doubt DeLaurier will be getting a 2-way contract. I'm guessing it's just to fill a camp body. The exhibit 10 doesn't guarantee anything, other than that if he gets cut AND assigned to the Hornets' G-League affiliate, he can accrue some signing bonus based on how long he lasts with the G-League affiliate (up to $50K total bonus) in addition to his salary.

Most likely he helps them out in training camp, then gets cut and assigned to the G-League and earns G-League pay plus $50K. That seems to be the most likely way these exhibit 10 contracts turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    It's an exhibit 10 non-guaranteed training camp deal, and Charlotte has already assigned its two 2-way contracts (Ray Spalding and Nate Darling). So I doubt DeLaurier will be getting a 2-way contract. I'm guessing it's just to fill a camp body. The exhibit 10 doesn't guarantee anything, other than that if he gets cut AND assigned to the Hornets' G-League affiliate, he can accrue some signing bonus based on how long he lasts with the G-League affiliate (up to $50K total bonus) in addition to his salary.

Most likely he helps them out in training camp, then gets cut and assigned to the G-League and earns G-League pay plus $50K. That seems to be the most likely way these exhibit 10 contracts turn out.
    Great post. The fact that he hasn't ventured overseas just yet says a lot as well.

Great opportunity for him to continue to develop. Defense will have to be his calling card.

The Pacers announced that they signed Cassius to a two-way contract.

Nothing official on Tre yet, but Woj reported a three year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    The Pacers announced that they signed Cassius to a two-way contract.
    Things are really looking up for Cassius:

https://8points9seconds.com/2020/11/...ndiana-pacers/