real wichita state shocker!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-investigation

After the abuse allegations this year, WSU ripped off the bandaid and is moving on. I'm glad to see they were taken seriously, and hope the program can land on its feet. Obviously Marshall has had a lot of success there, so I'm glad WSU had the guts to move on.

EDIT TO ADD: 2021 carousel thread
    Last edited by -jk; 03-10-2021 at 10:48 AM. Reason: link to other carousel thread
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post

After the abuse allegations this year, WSU ripped off the bandaid and is moving on. I'm glad to see they were taken seriously, and hope the program can land on its feet. Obviously Marshall has had a lot of success there, so I'm glad WSU had the guts to move on.
    Glad they did.

Off-topic, but: you do realize that the UNC fight song is *not* the lumberjack song, right? It's not even really that close to it.

I mentioned this in another thread but Adrian Griffin (current Toronto Raptors assistant and father of Duke 2021 signee AJ Griffin) has come up among social media as a potential candidate for the job.

https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...058190343?s=21

And Marshall gets nearly $8m severance.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Glad they did.

Off-topic, but: you do realize that the UNC fight song is *not* the lumberjack song, right? It's not even really that close to it.
    You do realize I studied music at duke, still perform with two of the ensembles and have since studied conducting involving relatively extensive score analysis? I'm not going to assume you are un-credentialed in the space, but the claim does not come from a place of ignorance in my case. I can send you a video of my conducting Strauss Waltzes in Lederhosen if you don't believe me

The harmonic structure and overall shape of the melodies exceptionally similar. Did I break it down rigorously? No, becaues I didn't care that much. All that I care about is I can no longer unhear the similarity...which will forever make me laugh even MORE than I already did at their joke of a tune.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread but Adrian Griffin (current Toronto Raptors assistant and father of Duke 2021 signee AJ Griffin) has come up among social media as a potential candidate for the job.

https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...058190343?s=21
    How worried should we be about the dominoes falling and AJ deciding to help Dad out in Year 1?

You do realize I studied music at duke, still perform with two of the ensembles and have since studied conducting involving relatively extensive score analysis? I'm not going to assume you are un-credentialed in the space, but the claim does not come from a place of ignorance in my case. I can send you a video of my conducting Strauss Waltzes in Lederhosen if you don't believe me

The harmonic structure and overall shape of the melodies exceptionally similar. Did I break it down rigorously? No, becaues I didn't care that much. All that I care about is I can no longer unhear the similarity...which will forever make me laugh even MORE than I already did at their joke of a tune.
    That's great! You've edited your claim to reflect the same harmonic structure and overall shape. I mean, I mostly agree with your revised statement, even if the Lumberjack Song is much more complex than the Tar Heel one, and there are also a kajillion other songs that share those two elements and are closer to the UNC one than the Lumberjack song. Anyway, I'm all for poking fun at Tar Heels, I just think that joke is too weak to land.

I can send you a video of my conducting Strauss Waltzes in Lederhosen if you don't believe me
    If you thought this statement was going to go unnoticed, WRONG!!! Yes, you need to post a video of this . Moreover, when we all return to Cameron next season (2021-2022), you need to wear your Lederhosen when you're positioned in Section 13 so we can see it in person!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    If you thought this statement was going to go unnoticed, WRONG!!! Yes, you need to post a video of this . Moreover, when we all return to Cameron next season (2021-2022), you need to wear your Lederhosen when you're positioned in Section 13 so we can see it in person!
    What Ozzie said!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    What Ozzie said!
    Ha! I will third this request. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    hopefully this will do for now:

conducting.jpg
    1200. DDMF.

I'd accept this in CIS next year as an alternative to the lederhosen/conducting video:

"...I cut down trees, I skip and jump
    I like to press wild flowers
    I put on women's clothing
    And hang around in bars...

...I cut down trees, I wear high heels
    Suspenders and a bra
    I wish I were a girlie
    Just like my dear papa..."

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'd accept this in CIS next year as an alternative to the lederhosen/conducting video:

"...I cut down trees, I skip and jump
    I like to press wild flowers
    I put on women's clothing
    And hang around in bars...

...I cut down trees, I wear high heels
    Suspenders and a bra
    I wish I were a girlie
    Just like my dear papa..."

I had never seen that before! And I was able to Zpork you for it!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    How worried should we be about the dominoes falling and AJ deciding to help Dad out in Year 1?
    That’s what I was thinking.

Coaching Updates