Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1469
    https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...sit-167095422/

LOL. "North Carolina Republican state lawmakers are drafting a letter to NCAA officials demanding they answer questions about why the organization disqualified NC State’s baseball team from the College World Series after eight players tested positive for coronavirus."

They are still mad about the bathroom bill interference.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

“College baseball season ends tonight in Omaha @NCAACWS I want to bring attention to the parents of college baseball players who on average are paying 65% of their sons tuition for 4 years. 11.7 scholarships for baseball, 85 for football, Ice hockey 18. Time to fix this NOW NCAA”

Courtesy of Wes Clements official Twitter account @WesClements22

Wes is a Pac-12 and ESPN analyst for college baseball.

Another example of an unfair, inconsistent, egregious lack of touch with reality displayed by the NCAA.

I read somewhere that NCAA D1 Baseball is #2 (just behind Men’s Basketball) in earnings for the NCAA. Football money goes to schools, conferences and bowls. Yet there are kids paying their way to play at high major college programs.

Mississippi State ahead 3-0 in the bottom of the 2nd. 😎

Mississippi State looks good through 2 frames.

The OmaDawgs are beating the VandyBoys 3-0 in the top of the 3rd in the national championship game in Omaha.

Was just looking at some stats and just realized the ACC has just two all-time national champions in baseball. The UVa team in 2015 was the league’s 2nd college baseball national champion and joined the 1955 Wake Forest club that claimed the national championship.

Miami has four national championships but none have come in the ACC. FSU has been in the CWS 23 times without a national title. Clemson has been 12 times without a title. UNC has been 11 times without a national title. NCSU and Duke have been 3 times without a national title.

The SEC will claim its 14th CWS national title tonight which will trail the PAC-12’s 18 for 2nd most CWS titles by a conference ever.

4-0 OmaDawgs top 5.

The VandyBoys are on the ropes.

There’s still plenty of time for the OmaDawgs to blow this …

5-0 OmaDawgs …

Rocker and the VandyBoys are going down tonight it appears …

The OmaDawgs are 12 outs away from the school’s first team national championship …

5-0 OmaDawgs top 6 …

No-hitter thru 5 innings for Mississippi State too ..

5-0 OmaDawgs top 7 …

No hitter thru 6 innings for Mississippi State …

9 outs away …

6-0 OmaDawgs Top 7…

Vandy is going down tonight …

9-0 OmaDawgs top 7 …

Is their slaughter rule in the CWS final?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    9-0 OmaDawgs top 7 …

Is their slaughter rule in the CWS final?
    Funny how sports goes sometimes, isn’t it?

Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Funny how sports goes sometimes, isn’t it?

Crazy.
    Yep, it is.

I’d hate to be an ice cold beer in the way of any Dawgs fan tonight in Omaha or Starkville …

I’d hate to be an ice cold beer in the way of any Dawgs fan tonight in Omaha or Starkville …
    You’ve got that right, my friend!

Might have to break out my dad’s cowbell, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    You’ve got that right, my friend!

Might have to break out my dad’s cowbell, too!
    Yeah! What a team from Mississippi State this year. Congrats to their team, coaches, fans, and alum!

2021 Baseball National Champions! The Mississippi State Bulldogs!

Yeah! What a team from Mississippi State this year. Congrats to their team, coaches, fans, and alum!

Wow, Mississippi State actually won the National Championship! This helps make up for the women’s basketball team losing the 2017 National Championship game — after having beaten mighty UConn and their 111-game winning streak (that’s not a misprint) — in the Final Four two days prior.

I just cracked open a bottle of Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy in State’s honor. Congrats, y’all!!

Good for Mississippi State. Vanderbilt got lucky until they met the Bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    This is extremely complicated. MLB compressed the 2020 draft to five rounds. Which meant lots of people played college baseball in 2021 who thought they would be playing minor league baseball in 2021. Which means there are lots of players in the 2021 draft who expect to get drafted higher than they're going to be drafted.

Further complicating this is the extra year granted by the NCAA due to Covid.

Further complicating this are the new transfer rules.

Further complicating this is the later draft dates, which means players and coaches and parents are going to have a very compressed time line in which to make decisions.

Further complicating things is that any grad-student transfers would already have to be in school, or at least have been accepted. Duke keeps these things close to the vest and I've been too busy to ask.

I talked to Pollard about this stuff a few weeks ago for an article in Go Duke: the Magazine. Pollard is about the straightest shooter I've ever seen at Duke and he just doesn't know what his lineup will look like next season. And I don't think he's being coy.

Alex Mooney is the only signee likely to be drafted high enough to be tempted. Second round through fourth round. He's a shortstop from Michigan. Pollard thinks he's 50/50.

I haven't seen any of Duke's 2021 players mocked as top-five-round-picks. That said, I would be beyond stunned to see Joey Loperfido or Mike Rothenberg back. And Erickson Nichols used his extra year last year. But Ethan Murray, R.J. Shreck, Peter Matt, Chris Crabtree, Jack Carey, Cooper Stinson, I just don't know and I'm not sure anyone will until the dust settles after the draft. But Duke signed a bunch of prepsters with the assumption that roster spots would be available and you can't keep everyone. Some difficult decisions may have to be made.
    It appears that Alex Mooney is headed to Duke!

https://twitter.com/aj_mooney2/statu...43933519859713
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Congrats to Ethan Murray, Joey Loperfido and Peter Matt being drafted in the first 10 rounds of the MLB Draft.

https://twitter.com/DukeBASE/status/...2416627970051\
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    It appears that Alex Mooney is headed to Duke!

https://twitter.com/aj_mooney2/statu...43933519859713
    Link doesn't work for me, but that sounds great!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."