Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1469
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Do you have a link?
    This is from a discussion last night with my State-grad son. I also work with many State engineers who were distraught over the events late yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    The blame goes to players, coaches and athletic administraron for not making sure the team was fully vaccinated.
    I don’t know how many of the players were vaccinated, but their coach said in the presser that he does not “indoctrinate” his kids. That sounds a bit strange to me, but that’s just one man’s opinion.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/

Word on the street is that the they retested the entire NC State team and several vaccinated players tested positive (and those players played today). Hence, no longer enough vaccinated, but negative, players to field a team as the unvaccinated players were still in the COVID protocols.

It does beg the question if any of the unvaccinated players on Vandy will need to sit out due to having played in a game with positive players. If they don't have to sit out, because baseball isn't really a sport where you have close contact, why the big deal about sitting out all the players on NC State that tested positive.

The only player I can think where you might have a close contact is catcher.

Either way, it's a hard lesson to learn to just get your darned shot!
    Wow. That's tough. Condolences for the abrupt end of the season.

It does beg the question if any of the unvaccinated players on Vandy will need to sit out due to having played in a game with positive players. If they don't have to sit out, because baseball isn't really a sport where you have close contact, why the big deal about sitting out all the players on NC State that tested positive.
    Vandy learned it's lessons early and knew they had a chance at a title this season. According to some fellow Vandy alums much closer to the athletic department than I, the entire team and staff have been vaccinated. I'm certain this is not the way the team wants to advance but understanding the rules is part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Still 3-1 as we head to the bottom of the ninth. Time to shock the world.
    They shocked the world!!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Vandy learned it's lessons early and knew they had a chance at a title this season. According to some fellow Vandy alums much closer to the athletic department than I, the entire team and staff have been vaccinated. I'm certain this is not the way the team wants to advance but understanding the rules is part of the game.
    Vandy is a private school Ave could result mandate vaccination. Different story fue a public university in NC.

My Wolfpack friends are justifiably proud of NCS reputation in science and engineering.

14 diseases have been cured by vaccines : Mumps, Chicken Pox, Diphtheria , Measles ,etc

COVID after full vaccination is rare but possible
    Unless The State athletic department has been taken over by FOX news , it’s incomprehensible that there wasn’t an edict from the AD for the entire traveling baseball group to be vaccinated.

is "the bug" the one that "floated around" and killed 600,000 Americans? Not sure what to think...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    NC State was just kicked out of the tourney. Vandy advances on a non contest.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The MOST preventative measure to take, and they didn't take it. And then knowing that they didn't at least do that, someone obviously decided quarantining was stupid, so they didn't do that.

Way to go Wuffies. As I said above, it is impossible for me to feel sympathy. Whatta buncha maroons.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

The MOST preventative measure to take, and they didn't take it. And then knowing that they didn't at least do that, someone obviously decided quarantining was stupid, so they didn't do that.

Way to go Wuffies. As I said above, it is impossible for me to feel sympathy. Whatta buncha maroons.
    Glad to brighten your day.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Glad to brighten your day.
    I was enjoying watching them, and I was hoping they'd advance. But it does not change my opinion that they totally torpedoed their own boat. No one else to blame but themselves. And I find that amount of stupidity, when the stakes are so high, completely laughable.

It's not like COVID popped up yesterday, and it's not like the vaccine hasn't been proven to be effective. And quarantining has been proven to work as well.

Their own damn fault, and it was all preventable.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Your final from Omaha

Covid 19, NC State 0

I was enjoying watching them, and I was hoping they'd advance. But it does not change my opinion that they totally torpedoed their own boat. No one else to blame but themselves. And I find that amount of stupidity, when the stakes are so high, completely laughable.

It's not like COVID popped up yesterday, and it's not like the vaccine hasn't been proven to be effective. And quarantining has been proven to work as well.

I don't disagree with you at all. It was 100% avoidable and we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I do question the NCAAs handling of the entire situation. Should they not be testing Vandy and the other teams. Did they sanitize the locker room and dugout after the game? . I do question then allowing 20,000 makes fans in the stadium. If this is all about safety first, it's not adding up. Strikes me as overly narrow and directed. If this is about preventing Covid to the extreme you boot a team, then do the needful and go the extra mile.

I don't disagree with you at all. It was 100% avoidable and we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I do question the NCAAs handling of the entire situation. Should they not be testing Vandy and the other teams.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't. My guess is, though, since according to reports that Vandy is vaccinated, they'd come up empty. I'm 100% sure that IF they found a positive, they wouldn't find it in over half the team like they did with State.
    Did they sanitize the locker room and dugout after the game?
    Since it has long been proven that coronavirus isn't one to hang out on surfaces like initially thought, there wouldn't be much sense in that.
    They may still have done it anyway.
    I do question then allowing 20,000 makes fans in the stadium. If this is all about safety first, it's not adding up. Strikes me as overly narrow and directed. If this is about preventing Covid to the extreme you boot a team, then do the needful and go the extra mile.
    I've not seen any of the fans within 6' of any of the players or coaching staff. (Still, though, that's a valid question. Why allow fans in if public health is such a concern?)

I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't. My guess is, though, since according to reports that Vandy is vaccinated, they'd come up empty. I'm 100% sure that IF they found a positive, they wouldn't find it in over half the team like they did with State.
    It appears that four of the players tested positive for State were vaccinated, so I wouldn't be so sure. I know the New York Yankees had an outbreak among vaccinated players and personnel. So, it's not unheard of.

Again, all I ask is that if the NCAA is going to end the season of a team at the final four, they do the work to show that the tournament is safe to continue.

I also ask for the same treatment Clemson got when Trevor Lawrence tested positive. Shouldn't the sabe standard apply?

Transparency and equitable treatment is not to much to ask.

Bingo. Not the NCAA’s fault, but completely on Pack coaching staff and administration. Hard to imagine a team traveling to regional sites and then Omaha and not considering the consequences of a Covid outbreak. Particularly since vaccines are so easily available now.

By the way, aside from the sheer stupidity that got themselves into this mess, there is the fact that some of the players and coaches are not feeling well. Being the serious disease that it is, do offer up my best wishes that the team recovers and doesn't suffer any long lasting effects, especially any conditions that will affect their abilities to be competitive athletes in the future.

It appears that four of the players tested positive for State were vaccinated, so I wouldn't be so sure. I know the New York Yankees had an outbreak among vaccinated players and personnel. So, it's not unheard of.

Again, all I ask is that if the NCAA is going to end the season of a team at the final four, they do the work to show that the tournament is safe to continue.

I also ask for the same treatment Clemson got when Trevor Lawrence tested positive. Shouldn't the sabe standard apply?

Transparency and equitable treatment is not to much to ask.
    The thing is: even if there is a breakthrough infection, if the rest of the team is vaccinated it is much less likely to lead to an outbreak. It is unlikely that a single fully vaxxed player will get Covid 19. It is extremely unlikely that that vaccinated player will then infect other vaccinated players.

To give a sense of the degree of protection public health officials believe vaccinations provide, under CalOSHA’s new workplace safety guidelines, fully vaccinated employees who have had a close contact do not need to be kept out of the workplace, and are not required to wear a mask, unless they display symptoms.

100% of a team being fully vaccinated is a powerful safety measure.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Bingo. Not the NCAA’s fault, but completely on Pack coaching staff and administration. Hard to imagine a team traveling to regional sites and then Omaha and not considering the consequences of a Covid outbreak. Particularly since vaccines are so easily available now.
    I'm not surprised. AD Boo Corrigan used to be at Duke, that's all I'll say...