Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1469
    Vanderbilt Baseball Retweeted https://twitter.com/vandyboys
    NCAA Baseball
    @NCAACWS
    ⚾️#CWS GAME UPDATE ⚾️
    We are in delay due to health and safety protocols.
    Start time TBD

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Nor I. This is such an effffing NCS thing. Totally preventable.
    As much as I agree with the sentiment regarding vaccinations, before we throw the team under the bus, let's at least find out what is actually going on. It is possible for vaccinated people to test positive for the virus even after vaccination, particularly with the Delta variant on the loose. As I recall, it even happened to at least one pro baseball player this season, even before Delta was identified. Such players would still be subject to health and safety protocols, and they would be ineligible to play under current rules.

So let's get more information before jumping to conclusions, please.

NC State !@#$ is real. Don't ever tell me otherwise.

First pitch of NC State-Vandy scheduled for 3:07 p.m. ET

⚾️ #CWS GAME UPDATE ⚾️

Game 11 will begin play at 2:07 PM local time on ESPN2. pic.twitter.com/obyI7yAcqb
    — NCAA Baseball (@NCAACWS) June 25, 2021
    After a delay due to health and safety protocols, the first pitch in Friday's game between NC State and No. 4 seed Vanderbilt will start at 3:07 p.m. ET/2:07 p.m. CT on ESPN2.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    First pitch of NC State-Vandy scheduled for 3:07 p.m. ET

⚾️ #CWS GAME UPDATE ⚾️

Game 11 will begin play at 2:07 PM local time on ESPN2. pic.twitter.com/obyI7yAcqb
    — NCAA Baseball (@NCAACWS) June 25, 2021
    After a delay due to health and safety protocols, the first pitch in Friday's game between NC State and No. 4 seed Vanderbilt will start at 3:07 p.m. ET/2:07 p.m. CT on ESPN2.
    What on earth could merit a one hour delay for health and safety, I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    What on earth could merit a one hour delay for health and safety, I wonder...
    One ore more of the NC State players have tested positive for COVID-19 and they are trying to figure out via contact tracing which are able to play today.

Sounds like one of the players we lost was JT Jarret (starting 2B) as well as our closer, Evan Justice (which seriously hurts).

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    As much as I agree with the sentiment regarding vaccinations, before we throw the team under the bus, let's at least find out what is actually going on. It is possible for vaccinated people to test positive for the virus even after vaccination, particularly with the Delta variant on the loose. As I recall, it even happened to at least one pro baseball player this season, even before Delta was identified. Such players would still be subject to health and safety protocols, and they would be ineligible to play under current rules.

So let's get more information before jumping to conclusions, please.
    I agree with your sentiment.

However,

Vaccinated players are not required to be tested, nor are they required to be quarantined.

Tweet
    See new Tweets
    Conversation
    Stephen Wiseman
    @stevewisemanNC
    Per NCAA: Fully vaccinated student-athletes and other Tier 1 individuals with no COVID-19-like symptoms may be exempt from routine testing. Student-athletes and other Tier 1 participants who are not vaccinated must continue to undergo testing at NCAA championships.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Sam Highfill (star pitcher of the first Vandy game) is playing 1B

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    One ore more of the NC State players have tested positive for COVID-19 and they are trying to figure out via contact tracing which are able to play today.

Sounds like one of the players we lost was JT Jarret (starting 2B) as well as our closer, Evan Justice (which seriously hurts).
    Justice is a killer - he has been lights out.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Stephen Wiseman
    @stevewisemanNC
    State lineup is posted. Wholesale changes. Missing position players: McDonough, Torres, Tatum and Jarrett
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Hope this doesn’t come down to State not having a pitcher to finish the game- not to mention errors by players playing out of position…

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Vaccinated players are not required to be tested, nor are they required to be quarantined.
    Are you sure about the second part? A vaccinated player may well be symptomatic, even if not severe, and therefore would still need to be tested. If positive, would they not be required to quarantine/contact trace them, as usual? I confess that I haven't delved into the rules that deeply.

Not that I'm saying these folks all were actually vaccinated. I simply don't know.

State has only 13 players available today. Wow.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Hope this doesn’t come down to State not having a pitcher to finish the game- not to mention errors by players playing out of position…
    I hear our new first baseman has quite the arm

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Are you sure about the second part? A vaccinated player may well be symptomatic, even if not severe, and therefore would still need to be tested. If positive, would they not be required to quarantine/contact trace them, as usual? I confess that I haven't delved into the rules that deeply.

Not that I'm saying these folks all were actually vaccinated. I simply don't know.
    My reference point is CDC guidance. It may be that NCAA requirements could be divergent (and nutty).
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Three down, 24 outs to go for the Pack.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Maybe Rocker will lose some of his mental edge and not be as sharp. This is a weird situation for Vandy too.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Maybe Rocker will lose some of his mental edge and not be as sharp. This is a weird situation for Vandy too.
    Or maybe not…

Three strike outs on balls in the dirt for the pack - very reminiscent of our efforts against Rocker two years ago.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide