Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Fox has been a dude. Dynamic freshman lefty. He's been good all year, picked a great time to be great. Finished the 7th, we go to top 8th still 4-2 good guys
    He's picked a fine time to shine, and Pollard has let him.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    One inning to go!

Loper retired three in a row with help.

LGD!!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    One inning to go!

Loper retired three in a row with help.

LGD!!!
    Dang, really wish I could be watching. RSNs are a bunch of obsolete 20th century wankers that need to die. OTOH I do like listening to Chris Edwards, the Blue Devil radio announcer. OTOOH, the repetitive ads on that broadcast are past old

3 fans to set up the last three outs. I wish we would have added a cushion or two.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Dang, really wish I could be watching. RSNs are a bunch of obsolete 20th century wankers that need to die. OTOH I do like listening to Chris Edwards, the Blue Devil radio announcer. OTOOH, the repetitive ads on that broadcast are past old
    This game is on ACCN, ESPN+ not an RSN.

Marcus Johnson in for the 9th. I'm ok with that choice.

First batter flies out. 2 to go.

One out to go!

This game is on ACCN, ESPN+ not an RSN.
    Wow ok - can watch and see if we close it out. 2 outs now!

Thrilled
    See you tomorrow

In my cheesiest possible monster truck show voice...

Sunday
    Sunday
    Sunday!!!!!

Wooooohoooooooo!!!!!!

Blue Devil Winner!

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    Thrilled
    See you tomorrow
    So exciting.

That’s a Blue Devil winner.
    Bob Green

If there were a MOTM vote for this one, I truly have no idea who I'd choose.

But there would be only two choices. Loperfido and Fox were both amazing and full of fire.

Whoo hoo!

Congrats on the win. Fox was dominant today and a smart pitching move. Good luck against GT/NCSU and in the NCAAs.

If there were a MOTM vote for this one, I truly have no idea who I'd choose.

But there would be only two choices. Loperfido and Fox were both amazing and full of fire.
    The broadcasters had Loperfido on for a post-game interview. He was 4-5, 2 home runs, a double and a single. Career days for both Loperfido and Fox!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    The broadcasters had Loperfido on for a post-game interview. He was 4-5, 2 home runs, a double and a single. Career days for both Loperfido and Fox!
    To put into basketball context.
    Announcer "Those were some amazing dunks you threw down! That 3rd one was sick! What can you tell us about them?"

Also announcer "Those 7 blocks you had were insane! What can you tell us about those dunks from the other guy?"

ACC Championship game tomorrow at noon ET vs the winner of the NC State (RPI 35) and GTech (RPI 43) game starting shortly.
    You have to feel good about Duke's chances, with their 11-game winning streak, which has propelled them to an RPI of 21.
    I imagine Duke will start Cooper Stinson, but probably with a short leash. Carey would only have 3 days rest and could be used in relief.
    I understand Duke has never won an ACC Baseball Championship? This has been quite a Spring sports season for the Blue Devils!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    ACC Championship game tomorrow at noon ET vs the winner of the NC State (RPI 35) and GTech (RPI 43) game starting shortly.
    You have to feel good about Duke's chances, with their 11-game winning streak, which has propelled them to an RPI of 21.
    I imagine Duke will start Cooper Stinson, but probably with a short leash. Carey would only have 3 days rest and could be used in relief.
    I understand Duke has never won an ACC Baseball Championship? This has been quite a Spring sports season for the Blue Devils!!
    Pollard told the media that it was "all hands on deck" for tomorrow. A day off Friday, seven innings from Fox, Loper with a quick 8th, Johnson with a quick 9th. Bullpen is set up nicely. Everybody except Fox should be available. Including Carey.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Pollard told the media that it was "all hands on deck" for tomorrow. A day off Friday, seven innings from Fox, Loper with a quick 8th, Johnson with a quick 9th. Bullpen is set up nicely. Everybody except Fox should be available. Including Carey.
    It looks like our NCAAs start Friday so plenty of time to rest for that as well.