Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 135
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Bands I’ve seen (way incomplete)

    The Who (multiple)
    The Rolling Stones (multiple)
    Pink Floyd (multiple — no Roger Waters)
    B.B. King (multiple)
    James Brown (multiple)
    Grateful Dead (many multiple — stopped counting at show #50) (and post-Jerry spin-offs including with John Mayer)
    Jerry Garcia (acoustic and electric on Broadway)
    Jorma/Hot Tuna (multiple)
    John Prine (multiple)
    Little Feat (multiple but not with Lowell George)
    Todd Snider (multiple)
    Jonathan Richman (multiple)
    Michael Hedges (multiple)
    Allman Bros. (multiple)
    Dylan (multiple)
    R.E.M. (multiple)
    Phish (multiple, small clubs)
    Robert Earl Keene (multiple)
    Lyle Lovett (multiple)
    Santana (multiple)
    John Hammond (multiple)
    Camper Van Beethoven (multiple)
    Col. Bruce Hampton and ARU (many multiple)
    Johnny Lee Hooker
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello
    Living Colour
    Neville Bros.
    John Hiatt
    Roy Bookbinder
    Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Al Dimeola
    Shadowfax
    Blue ÷yster Cult (@Radio City Music Hall of all places)
    Steely Dan
    Rick Danko
    Drive-By Truckers
    David Byrne (Broadway)
    Avett Brothers
    Alison Krauss and Union Station
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Dead Kennedys
    Black Flag
    Arlo Guthrie
    Gaelic Storm
    The Tams
    Willie Nelson
    Leo Kottke
    Eric Clapton
    Joan Jett
    Marshall Tucker Band
    Barrence Whitfield and the Savages
    Marshall Crenshaw
    Psychedelic Furs
    Billy Idol
    Cindi Lauper and the Bangles
    Blues Travelers
    Clarence Gatemouth Brown
    Matt Guitar Murphy
    Taj Mahal
    Delbert McClinton
    Traffic
    Bruce Hornsby
    Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic)
    CSN
    Pat Benatar
    Styx
    Def Leppard and Billy Squier
    Village People
    Adam Ant
    The Police
    Yes
    Moody Blues
    Dr. John
    Albert King
    Ben E. King
    Bobby Blue Bland
    Ray Charles
    John Mayall
    U2 with Public Enemy as opener
    Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    umm...no...huge TH and DB fan here...have seen them/him many times

    Donít tell me you have seen them at CBGBs?

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bands Iíve seen (way incomplete)

    The Who (multiple)
    The Rolling Stones (multiple)
    Pink Floyd (multiple ó no Roger Waters)
    B.B. King (multiple)
    James Brown (multiple)
    Grateful Dead (many multiple ó stopped counting at show #50) (and post-Jerry spin-offs including with John Mayer)
    Jerry Garcia (acoustic and electric on Broadway)
    Jorma/Hot Tuna (multiple)
    John Prine (multiple)
    Little Feat (multiple but not with Lowell George)
    Todd Snider (multiple)
    Jonathan Richman (multiple)
    Michael Hedges (multiple)
    Allman Bros. (multiple)
    Dylan (multiple)
    R.E.M. (multiple)
    Phish (multiple, small clubs)
    Robert Earl Keene (multiple)
    Lyle Lovett (multiple)
    Santana (multiple)
    John Hammond (multiple)
    Camper Van Beethoven (multiple)
    Col. Bruce Hampton and ARU (many multiple)
    Johnny Lee Hooker
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello
    Living Colour
    Neville Bros.
    John Hiatt
    Roy Bookbinder
    Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Al Dimeola
    Shadowfax
    Blue ÷yster Cult (@Radio City Music Hall of all places)
    Steely Dan
    Rick Danko
    Drive-By Truckers
    David Byrne (Broadway)
    Avett Brothers
    Alison Krauss and Union Station
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Dead Kennedys
    Black Flag
    Arlo Guthrie
    Gaelic Storm
    The Tams
    Willie Nelson
    Leo Kottke
    Eric Clapton
    Joan Jett
    Marshall Tucker Band
    Barrence Whitfield and the Savages
    Marshall Crenshaw
    Psychedelic Furs
    Billy Idol
    Cindi Lauper and the Bangles
    Blues Travelers
    Clarence Gatemouth Brown
    Matt Guitar Murphy
    Taj Mahal
    Delbert McClinton
    Traffic
    Bruce Hornsby
    Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic)
    CSN
    Pat Benatar
    Styx
    Def Leppard and Billy Squier
    Village People
    Adam Ant
    The Police
    Yes
    Moody Blues
    Dr. John
    Albert King
    Ben E. King
    Bobby Blue Bland
    Ray Charles
    John Mayall
    U2 with Public Enemy as opener
    Nick Masonís Saucerful of Secrets
    Awesome list.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bands Iíve seen (way incomplete)

    The Who (multiple)
    The Rolling Stones (multiple)
    Pink Floyd (multiple ó no Roger Waters)
    B.B. King (multiple)
    James Brown (multiple)
    Grateful Dead (many multiple ó stopped counting at show #50) (and post-Jerry spin-offs including with John Mayer)
    Jerry Garcia (acoustic and electric on Broadway)
    Jorma/Hot Tuna (multiple)
    John Prine (multiple)
    Little Feat (multiple but not with Lowell George)
    Todd Snider (multiple)
    Jonathan Richman (multiple)
    Michael Hedges (multiple)
    Allman Bros. (multiple)
    Dylan (multiple)
    R.E.M. (multiple)
    Phish (multiple, small clubs)
    Robert Earl Keene (multiple)
    Lyle Lovett (multiple)
    Santana (multiple)
    John Hammond (multiple)
    Camper Van Beethoven (multiple)
    Col. Bruce Hampton and ARU (many multiple)
    Johnny Lee Hooker
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello
    Living Colour
    Neville Bros.
    John Hiatt
    Roy Bookbinder
    Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Al Dimeola
    Shadowfax
    Blue ÷yster Cult (@Radio City Music Hall of all places)
    Steely Dan
    Rick Danko
    Drive-By Truckers
    David Byrne (Broadway)
    Avett Brothers
    Alison Krauss and Union Station
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Dead Kennedys
    Black Flag
    Arlo Guthrie
    Gaelic Storm
    The Tams
    Willie Nelson
    Leo Kottke
    Eric Clapton
    Joan Jett
    Marshall Tucker Band
    Barrence Whitfield and the Savages
    Marshall Crenshaw
    Psychedelic Furs
    Billy Idol
    Cindi Lauper and the Bangles
    Blues Travelers
    Clarence Gatemouth Brown
    Matt Guitar Murphy
    Taj Mahal
    Delbert McClinton
    Traffic
    Bruce Hornsby
    Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic)
    CSN
    Pat Benatar
    Styx
    Def Leppard and Billy Squier
    Village People
    Adam Ant
    The Police
    Yes
    Moody Blues
    Dr. John
    Albert King
    Ben E. King
    Bobby Blue Bland
    Ray Charles
    John Mayall
    U2 with Public Enemy as opener
    Nick Masonís Saucerful of Secrets
    Wow. Impressive. I have seen exactly one of those, and that was a recent revival tour. There's about 20 others (or more) that I wish I had seen.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Awesome list.
    Agreed. That's pretty incredible.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Awesome list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Wow. Impressive. I have seen exactly one of those, and that was a recent revival tour. There's about 20 others (or more) that I wish I had seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Agreed. That's pretty incredible.
    Thanks. Although all it means is that I'm old, and that my misspent youth is now all catching up to me.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Thanks. Although all it means is that I'm old, and that my misspent youth is now all catching up to me.
    I'd say that your youth would have been "misspent" if you had passed up the opportunity to capture all those treasured memories -- especially if the memories were herbally augmented and thereby rendered somewhat Impressionistic (but not Cubist).

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    -- especially if the memories were herbally augmented and thereby rendered somewhat Impressionistic (but not Cubist).
    Thatís a practical certainty for anyone who saw 50+ Grateful Dead shows.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bands Iíve seen (way incomplete)

    Awesome memory! On the rare occasion I go through my box of stubs (lucky if I still have half of them), Iím always shocked by some of the shows I attended. I donít have a clue, but they were probably great shows.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Asheville
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bands Iíve seen (way incomplete)

    The Who (multiple)
    The Rolling Stones (multiple)
    Pink Floyd (multiple ó no Roger Waters)
    B.B. King (multiple)
    James Brown (multiple)
    Grateful Dead (many multiple ó stopped counting at show #50) (and post-Jerry spin-offs including with John Mayer)
    Jerry Garcia (acoustic and electric on Broadway)
    Jorma/Hot Tuna (multiple)
    John Prine (multiple)
    Little Feat (multiple but not with Lowell George)
    Todd Snider (multiple)
    Jonathan Richman (multiple)
    Michael Hedges (multiple)
    Allman Bros. (multiple)
    Dylan (multiple)
    R.E.M. (multiple)
    Phish (multiple, small clubs)
    Robert Earl Keene (multiple)
    Lyle Lovett (multiple)
    Santana (multiple)
    John Hammond (multiple)
    Camper Van Beethoven (multiple)
    Col. Bruce Hampton and ARU (many multiple)
    Johnny Lee Hooker
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello
    Living Colour
    Neville Bros.
    John Hiatt
    Roy Bookbinder
    Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Al Dimeola
    Shadowfax
    Blue ÷yster Cult (@Radio City Music Hall of all places)
    Steely Dan
    Rick Danko
    Drive-By Truckers
    David Byrne (Broadway)
    Avett Brothers
    Alison Krauss and Union Station
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Dead Kennedys
    Black Flag
    Arlo Guthrie
    Gaelic Storm
    The Tams
    Willie Nelson
    Leo Kottke
    Eric Clapton
    Joan Jett
    Marshall Tucker Band
    Barrence Whitfield and the Savages
    Marshall Crenshaw
    Psychedelic Furs
    Billy Idol
    Cindi Lauper and the Bangles
    Blues Travelers
    Clarence Gatemouth Brown
    Matt Guitar Murphy
    Taj Mahal
    Delbert McClinton
    Traffic
    Bruce Hornsby
    Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic)
    CSN
    Pat Benatar
    Styx
    Def Leppard and Billy Squier
    Village People
    Adam Ant
    The Police
    Yes
    Moody Blues
    Dr. John
    Albert King
    Ben E. King
    Bobby Blue Bland
    Ray Charles
    John Mayall
    U2 with Public Enemy as opener
    Nick Masonís Saucerful of Secrets
    So, why are the Hot Nuts missing from your incredible list?

    ricks

  11. #111
    Wow OPK wins.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  12. #112
    Very glad I went all out in 2019 given no concerts in 2020.
    St. Paul and the Broken Bones
    Joe Bonamassa
    Hozier
    Righteous Brothers - Bill Medley and Bucky Heard
    Frankie Vali and the Four Seasons
    Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul
    Earth Wind and Fire
    X Ambassadors

    All in small intimate venues like The National here in Richmond.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The Who (multiple)
    The Rolling Stones (multiple)
    Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic)
    You never saw Bruce with the E Street Band? And why arenít The Beatles on this list?

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    You never saw Bruce with the E Street Band? And why aren’t The Beatles on this list?
    The last Beatles concert, other than on the Apple roof, was the year I was born AFAIK.

    Never saw Bruce with the ESB. Only solo acoustic at the Fabulous Fox in Atlanta on the Ghost of Tom Joad tour. Very nice.

    I have a Woodstock link of sorts, but it doesn’t involve any bands. Y’know when they say in the movie that the N.Y. Throughway was closed because of the traffic? Well, 3-year old OPK and twin infant SistersPK were stuck in an unconditioned car in that traffic headed to Rome, N.Y. while MomPK and PopPK were climbing the walls in the front seat with three unhappy kids. Needless to say: we don’t mention Woodstock at the PK household very often.

    A few other shows I thought of today — sure I am still missing a lot:

    Black Crowes
    Dash Rip Rock
    Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians
    Widespread Panic (small party on Emory’s campus — less than 50 people I am sure)
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd (young teenager)
    Butch Trucks (young teenager)
    Elizabeth Cook
    Flaming Lips
    The Jody Grind (multiple — if you know, you know)
    Junior Brown (multiple)
    Keller Williams
    Marcus King (the next big thing)
    Eddie Arnold
    Sha-Na-Na
    Robert Hunter
    Steel Pulse
    Tower of Power

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thomasville, NC
    I was thirteen when I saw the Beatles in Atlanta. Went with four older cousins, all female. You can still see Sir Paul time time to time..

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    I was thirteen when I saw the Beatles in Atlanta. Went with four older cousins, all female. You can still see Sir Paul time time to time..
    Wow, I'm so jealous! You saw the actual freaking Beatles live in concert. Incredible.

    I saw Paul McCartney in concert in Charlottesville's John Paul Jones Arena. He played FORTY SONGS!! That's not a typo. The middle section -- when he played And I Love Her, Blackbird, Lovely Rita, Eleanor Rigby, Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite, and Something -- was stunning. And when he closed this amazing show with Yesterday, Helter Skelter, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, and The End I have to admit I shed a tear or three. It was very emotional hearing those legendary songs perfomed live by one of the original composers.

  17. #117
    A few club shows not mentioned earlier that are particularly memorable for me:

    Rebirth Brass Band at a late night show on Frenchmen St

    Pajama Slave Dancers at a club in Northampton

    Little Joe Cook at the Cantab Lounge

    Junior Brown at a club in Austin

    Medeski, Martin and Wood at a tiny place in Chapel Hill

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Bands Iíve seen (way incomplete)

    The Who (multiple)
    The Rolling Stones (multiple)
    Pink Floyd (multiple ó no Roger Waters)
    B.B. King (multiple)
    James Brown (multiple)
    Grateful Dead (many multiple ó stopped counting at show #50) (and post-Jerry spin-offs including with John Mayer)
    Jerry Garcia (acoustic and electric on Broadway)
    Jorma/Hot Tuna (multiple)
    John Prine (multiple)
    Little Feat (multiple but not with Lowell George)
    Todd Snider (multiple)
    Jonathan Richman (multiple)
    Michael Hedges (multiple)
    Allman Bros. (multiple)
    Dylan (multiple)
    R.E.M. (multiple)
    Phish (multiple, small clubs)
    Robert Earl Keene (multiple)
    Lyle Lovett (multiple)
    Santana (multiple)
    John Hammond (multiple)
    Camper Van Beethoven (multiple)
    Col. Bruce Hampton and ARU (many multiple)
    Johnny Lee Hooker
    The Clash
    Elvis Costello
    Living Colour
    Neville Bros.
    John Hiatt
    Roy Bookbinder
    Atlanta Rhythm Section
    Al Dimeola
    Shadowfax
    Blue ÷yster Cult (@Radio City Music Hall of all places)
    Steely Dan
    Rick Danko
    Drive-By Truckers
    David Byrne (Broadway)
    Avett Brothers
    Alison Krauss and Union Station
    Old Crow Medicine Show
    Dead Kennedys
    Black Flag
    Arlo Guthrie
    Gaelic Storm
    The Tams
    Willie Nelson
    Leo Kottke
    Eric Clapton
    Joan Jett
    Marshall Tucker Band
    Barrence Whitfield and the Savages
    Marshall Crenshaw
    Psychedelic Furs
    Billy Idol
    Cindi Lauper and the Bangles
    Blues Travelers
    Clarence Gatemouth Brown
    Matt Guitar Murphy
    Taj Mahal
    Delbert McClinton
    Traffic
    Bruce Hornsby
    Bruce Springsteen (Acoustic)
    CSN
    Pat Benatar
    Styx
    Def Leppard and Billy Squier
    Village People
    Adam Ant
    The Police
    Yes
    Moody Blues
    Dr. John
    Albert King
    Ben E. King
    Bobby Blue Bland
    Ray Charles
    John Mayall
    U2 with Public Enemy as opener
    Nick Masonís Saucerful of Secrets
    And yet, conspicuously missing ...
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Wow, I'm so jealous! You saw the actual freaking Beatles live in concert. Incredible.

    I saw Paul McCartney in concert in Charlottesville's John Paul Jones Arena. He played FORTY SONGS!! That's not a typo. The middle section -- when he played And I Love Her, Blackbird, Lovely Rita, Eleanor Rigby, Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite, and Something -- was stunning. And when he closed this amazing show with Yesterday, Helter Skelter, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, and The End I have to admit I shed a tear or three. It was very emotional hearing those legendary songs perfomed live by one of the original composers.
    JPJ is an awesome concert venue. And the handful of banners are .... quaint.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    And yet, conspicuously missing ...
    What would you say?

Similar Threads

  1. Concerts in Cameron
    By duketaylor in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-03-2015, 12:29 PM
  2. Really? Nothing on the Fare Thee Well Concerts
    By Dukehky in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-20-2015, 10:18 AM
  3. Old Awesome Concerts
    By Udaman in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 06:55 PM
  4. Duke concerts
    By House G in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 05:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •