Andre Dawkins Duke-focused podcast

After you all listen to the DBR Podcast each week, if you crave additional Duke-related basketball podcasts there is a new entrant.

"The Field of 68" is a new podcast network (throw a rock and you'll hit one trying to get some of that Bill Simmons/Joe Rogan $tack) featuring such names as Jeff Goodman and Rob Dauster. They just announced Dre Dawkins will have his own Duke-focused podcast

https://open.spotify.com/show/7FEAEAdsmF5gvUWv1vxztY

It looks like they are trying to aggregate a general college basketball pods with big names (Goodman and Robbie Hummel, Dauster and Da'Sean Butler) as well as team-specific shows.

All the have posted is a brief intro. "Players, Coaches, Former Teammates..coming every week."

Episode 1 is up. Dre needs some work as a host, but I am sure he'll get better with time. He really needs a better microphone set-up, way too much echo.

Nolan is his guest, and the spend the first chunk of the interview talking about their time playing together, the 2010 team, etc. I didn't find much new info there. The more interesting part, to me, was the discussion of this year's team which starts with about 15 minutes left in the pod.

Some highlights:
    -Nolan called the team "guard oriented"
    -He said Jalen Johnson was a kid who came in an "needed to be coached" but that he's made huge leaps recently
    -He said there is not a ton of separation between these players so he could see depth being a factor for them
    -He said that to counter the no fan thing in Cameron, they'll be doing a major virtual environment set-up. He didn't compare it to the what the NBA did in the bubble, but that is what it sounds like to me, a virtual wall type of thing with crowd noise and special effects and the whole thing.
    -He said it takes years for the new uniform concepts to be developed, saying that he and Dave Bradley started working on the Coach K tribute and Brotherhood unis 4 years ago. He also said a white version of the Brotherhood uni is coming this year

Hello DBR People,

Fun story, I started writing the newsletter for the Field of 68 in January. It's a twice-weekly newsletter and for this edition, I got to interview Andre Dawkins to highlight his podcast. Andre was a fun interview and shared a little about his time with Coach K. I also learned that he was recruited by John Thompson III at Georgetown. You can check it out here, and like and subscribe if you don't hate it:

https://thefieldof68.substack.com/p/...loods-are-back

P.S., I know Rob Dauster has the byline on this edition, but it's my newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Hello DBR People,

Fun story, I started writing the newsletter for the Field of 68 in January. It's a twice-weekly newsletter and for this edition, I got to interview Andre Dawkins to highlight his podcast. Andre was a fun interview and shared a little about his time with Coach K. I also learned that he was recruited by John Thompson III at Georgetown. You can check it out here, and like and subscribe if you don't hate it:

https://thefieldof68.substack.com/p/...loods-are-back

P.S., I know Rob Dauster has the byline on this edition, but it's my newsletter.
    Nice job, David! Hate that someone else got to take credit for your writing
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Nice job, David! Hate that someone else got to take credit for your writing
    Thank you! I cannot believe someone would want to take credit for my writing, typos and all.