Quote Originally Posted by SamHouston View Post
I am an advocate for positive change, nothing more. I live and die Duke Blue and have unwavering respect for Duke Athletics and Coach Cutcliff. That is why the thread is titled Succession Planning. I am also an advocate of open dialog.
People need to calm down and realize we are still in a pandemic. Now maybe we haven't executed as well but we haven't practiced in a normal fashion. This is a lost year because of the virus. The program and school have lost millions of dollars and the team is fighting as if their hands are tied behind their backs. We are not the only team that is playing poorly. I don't like to hear excuses and if this were a normal year, talking about Cut's failures would be front and center. This year the school has to look at cutting expenses in every way. Stanford and other programs including Clemson cut out sports teams to save money. Clemson cut out their mens track and field. I haven't heard the numbers for Duke but I would bet the income is cut from college football by $50 million from last year. Where do you make that up by firing a coach whose hands are tied and paying a buyout and paying a new coach millions of dollars. If they want to cut expenses, you will probably have to begin by cutting all coaches salaries by 15%, cut the coaching staff by 1 coach, cut scholarships from 85 to 70, limit the travel for games. Play NC State each year as a non conference game. Now what would this do. It would make us non competitive with other schools but it might make us closer to breaking even in Football and might save other sports from being cut.