Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters 2020

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    If you’re not pulling for 62 year old Sandy Lyle in those suspenders this Masters tournament, I don’t know what’s wrong with you!
    Plus Larry Mize, baby!!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Players talking about how the absence of "patrons" makes finding the ball at times more difficult. I was watching an hour or so ago without the sound on, and it appeared that DeChambeau hit a shot into the not very rough rough, but the ground was damp, and the ball completely disappeared. About a dozen folks stomped around for the what, five minute limit, and I think he had to re-hit the shot. Don't see that very often, especially when the ball isn't far off the fairway.
    They were looking in the wrong place. TV could have pointed out the location, but I don't think it's allowed
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Players talking about how the absence of "patrons" makes finding the ball at times more difficult. I was watching an hour or so ago without the sound on, and it appeared that DeChambeau hit a shot into the not very rough rough, but the ground was damp, and the ball completely disappeared. About a dozen folks stomped around for the what, five minute limit, and I think he had to re-hit the shot. Don't see that very often, especially when the ball isn't far off the fairway.
    Oh no? I see it every time I play!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Golfers have recommenced Round 2. Jon Rahm made his birdie putt to join the leaders at -9.
    Bob Green

Great putt by Tiger on 15. Here he comes.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    They were looking in the wrong place. TV could have pointed out the location, but I don't think it's allowed
    I know zip about those arcane rules, but I turned the sound on for a minute or two and heard the golfer (DeChambeau?) ask if the "camera" saw where it went, and I think i heard an official say they had checked that, but I may have mis-heard, and they obviously didn't have much time...it was an unusual place to lose a ball, that's for sure...

and hey, anyone else see any irony in a Mexican on top of the leaderboard right now?

I know zip about those arcane rules, but I turned the sound on for a minute or two and heard the golfer (DeChambeau?) ask if the "camera" saw where it went, and I think i heard an official say they had checked that, but I may have mis-heard, and they obviously didn't have much time...it was an unusual place to lose a ball, that's for sure...

and hey, anyone else see any irony in a Mexican on top of the leaderboard right now?
    B.A.D. hates the camerapeople ... until he needs them.

And now he’s sweating the cut line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    All hope is not lost. Encore azaleas might well be blooming in Augusta. I saw some in bloom in the Triangle this weekend.
    Our azaleas are starting to bloom in southeast Georgia!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    B.A.D. hates the camerapeople ... until he needs them.

And now he’s sweating the cut line.
    Ha, it's often the kiss of death to be ordained as the favorite...couldn't help thinking that, as I watched yesterday, all sorts of guys on the course who, at one time or another, had seemed nearly unstoppable (e.g. Speith, Thomas, Johnson, on and on).
    Too much talent out there...

I do miss the days of Steve Williams threating to throttle spectators (ok, patrons) if they so much as inhaled...

22 players within 4 shots of the lead. Getting my popcorn ready now😎

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Our azaleas are starting to bloom in southeast Georgia!
    We have had Encores in bloom in our front yard since at least early October. They gonna freeze this week, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    22 players within 4 shots of the lead. Getting my popcorn ready now��
    And pimento cheese. And peach ice cream. And beer. Ymmm, beer.

D. Johnson moves to -11 with an Eagle on #2. Round 3 off to a fast start.
    Bob Green

^^^ It is absolutely gorgeous in Augusta right now. 70 degrees, light breeze at best, warm sunshine. Greens will dry out a bit for those going off later. Get out early and score while you can!

Unless he birdies/Eagles all or most holes from here on out today or tomorrow, it doesn’t look like Tiger will repeat as Masters champion this year! He currently sits at -4 and 8 shots back of Dustin Johnson at -12.

Didn’t the two amateurs left both go to Georgia tech. Too lazy to look this up on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Didn’t the two amateurs left both go to Georgia tech. Too lazy to look this up on my phone
    Ogletree went to GT.

Augenstein went to Vandy.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I believe one went to Vanderbilt and was SEC POY.

EDIT: https://vucommodores.com/roster/john-augenstein/
    Bob Green

Rory holes out on 12 and is 8-under with two par-5s left, if he can post 10 or 11-under the Grand Slam could be in play tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Unless he birdies/Eagles all or most holes from here on out today or tomorrow, it doesn’t look like Tiger will repeat as Masters champion this year! He currently sits at -4 and 8 shots back of Dustin Johnson at -12.
    Yeah, Tiger doesn't seem to have "it" today.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."