Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters 2020

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I figured someone would have posted this already. Sure, it is just practice but...

Jon Rahm skips ball across pond in amazing hole-in-one at the Masters

By Ben Morse, CNN

Updated 4:16 PM EST, Tue November 10, 2020

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/11/10/g...ntl/index.html
    Remarkable shot....but I'm guessing he couldn't do it a second time.

On reflection, I have it on good authority that this will be the last Masters because B.A.D. (Bryson A. DeChambeau; check his monogrammed yardage book) is going to break AGNC into itty-bitty pieces. The end is nigh ...
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Already seeing some whining that's it's too cold (50! Oh my!) and the grass is too damp...the horrors! I think it makes the tournament much more interesting...

Rooting for OldPhi... I know Lefty can’t win this thing again, but I’ll always watch him try.

Weather forecast — we got rain today, high chance of rain tomorrow. Hopefully dry after that, but the course is gonna play long. Sunday winds out of the west 8-9 mph, which will make holes 1, 13 and 15 kinda long. But if the ground softens they can maybe shoot at the pins more aggressively. Should help on holes 2, 9, 14 and 17.

No idea how the fall/winter rye will impact the greens.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Weather forecast — we got rain today, high chance of rain tomorrow. Hopefully dry after that, but the course is gonna play long. Sunday winds out of the west 8-9 mph, which will make holes 1, 13 and 15 kinda long. But if the ground softens they can maybe shoot at the pins more aggressively. Should help on holes 2, 9, 14 and 17.

Don’t even know why they are holding the tournament. Everything I see on social media is that B.A.D. is gonna run away with it on a soon-to-be-par-67 golf course. He’s the 2015 Kentucky Wildcats of golf. It’s over before it even began.

How many years are we away from the Illuminati at Augusta deploying a fleet of drones with a giant tarp above 200 yards above the property to prevent rainouts?

Heavy rain about to hit the course at they start teeing off soon. Gonna be a wet course today.

Tuna-mint app — and if you want some pimento cheese sent to you from the National for your weekend viewing pleasure:

https://twitter.com/themasters/statu...448568832?s=21

Heavy rain about to hit the course at they start teeing off soon. Gonna be a wet course today.
    Play has been suspended.

Calling for up to 2”-4” in parts of the area, flash flood warnings in effect. Expect Rae’s Creek to be muddy and moving at the bottom of the course (12 and 13).

Calling for up to 2”-4” in parts of the area, flash flood warnings in effect. Expect Rae’s Creek to be muddy and moving at the bottom of the course (12 and 13).
    2020 still doing its thing.

Play has resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Play has resumed.
    All tee times pushed back three hours. No way they get the round finished today. (There's about 2 less hours of sunlight this time of year than in early April).

It will help to wash them down? I mean, if you gotta have salad at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    It will help to wash them down? I mean, if you gotta have salad at all...
    "You must spread some Comments around before commenting on Phredd3 again"

"You must spread some Comments around before commenting on Phredd3 again"
    Got your back.

Go B.A.D. or go home!

Hope the weather doesn't mess things up too badly. I also hope Bryson finds a way to simply overpower the course and crush the field...mostly because I like all the traditionalists freaking out. After watching a good bit of golf this summer and hearing some of the announcers be super snarky towards Bryson, I want him to win (again) just to wipe that smug grin off their faces!!!

The ironic thing is that I'm not a big hitter and often root for guys that are not the biggest hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Hope the weather doesn't mess things up too badly. I also hope Bryson finds a way to simply overpower the course and crush the field...mostly because I like all the traditionalists freaking out. After watching a good bit of golf this summer and hearing some of the announcers be super snarky towards Bryson, I want him to win (again) just to wipe that smug grin off their faces!!!

The ironic thing is that I'm not a big hitter and often root for guys that are not the biggest hitters.
    It's the smug grins of the breathless, pro-B.A.D. social media influencers that make me wish the opposite. That and the fate of golf cameramen everywhere.

what's the protocol if they lose a day to rain? They must have to go into Monday, right? Days are too short to play makeup...