Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters 2020

Masters 2020

Although there are no azaleas right now, I can confirm that the Augusta National is absolutely gorgeous this week. It should be an incredible tournament and very memorable.

TV schedule:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/mas...de-tv-coverage

General note: sundown is about 2 hours earlier now than the first week of April so things will be shifter earlier. Plan accordingly for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Although there are no azaleas right now, I can confirm that the Augusta National is absolutely gorgeous this week. It should be an incredible tournament and very memorable.

TV schedule:

General note: sundown is about 2 hours earlier now than the first week of April so things will be shifter earlier. Plan accordingly for those interested.
    Did you hop the fence to sneak in a round this week?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Did you hop the fence to sneak in a round this week?
    The Members’ tees are nothing like the Tournament tees. But the greens are still mind-bending.

(No, have not played out there in several years).

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

do they queue up different bird noises for a Fall Masters?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    They should. After some of my friends blew the whistle on golf coverage which featured a Canadian bird (white-throated sparrow -- a winter visitor) in a summer event in Ky., they send a team out on the course early in the AM, which is when birds are typically singing. Those five PM songs are unlikely to be live -- even in April.

In the fall you would likely need to have a roost of blackbirds (multiple species flocking together) or perhaps crows. They can make some serious noise in early morning or late afternoon. Not exactly pleasant listening.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

TV schedule:

That's a bummer. I had hoped they would harvest some from someplace in the southern hemisphere and shove them in the ground the day before the tournament. Maybe they can CGI them in like the NBA/BFL/MLB have done with crowd noise. Looks like temps will be warm this week but it's supposed to rain a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    That's a bummer. I had hoped they would harvest some from someplace in the southern hemisphere and shove them in the ground the day before the tournament. Maybe they can CGI them in like the NBA/BFL/MLB have done with crowd noise. Looks like temps will be warm this week but it's supposed to rain a bit.
    All hope is not lost. Encore azaleas might well be blooming in Augusta. I saw some in bloom in the Triangle this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    All hope is not lost. Encore azaleas might well be blooming in Augusta. I saw some in bloom in the Triangle this weekend.
    If there are even a few, the cameras will find them.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Bryson is apparently overpowering the course in practice rounds.

https://golf.com/news/bryson-dechamb...mpression=true

Good thing Augusta National bought all that land.

A good write-up of how the course will play differently in November than April:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf...b7Kz&ocid=iehp

For those interested, the weather forecast for the week after today is rainy (60%-80% chance Tu-Thu, 30%-40% Fri-Sun) with winds not too bad. Random swirling gusts aside, of course . . . .

A good write-up of how the course will play differently in November than April:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf...b7Kz&ocid=iehp

For those interested, the weather forecast for the week after today is rainy (60%-80% chance Tu-Thu, 30%-40% Fri-Sun) with winds not too bad. Random swirling gusts aside, of course . . . .
    adding some push back from Nature could be a good thing...

Seeing reports that Lee Elder will join Jack Nicklaus & Gary Player to participate in the ceremonial opening tee shot.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    You can also hear the train among the birds. Many years ago I was teaching a class in Augusta and staying at the Holiday Inn close to Augusta National. I ran in the neighborhood adjacent to the course and once was stopped by a noisy train. The next Masters, I remembered hearing a train in the background. Think it was on the lower part of the course.

It’s definitely going to be a rainy week in Georgia.

For those who may have missed it, ESPN College GameDay is going to broadcast from Augusta National this Saturday. Who thinks that Herbstreit may take a week off, rather than travel to some far flung location to commentate on a game later Saturday?

I figured someone would have posted this already. Sure, it is just practice but...

Jon Rahm skips ball across pond in amazing hole-in-one at the Masters

By Ben Morse, CNN

Updated 4:16 PM EST, Tue November 10, 2020

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/11/10/g...ntl/index.html

Saw it on tv on the evening news. Quite the shot.