Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I am way less confident in this than others seem to be. Gun to my head we probably win, but I wouldn't feel entirely comfortable betting on it.
    I have absolutely no confidence that we win. Charlotte is not a bad team. They aren't particularly good, either, but neither is Duke.
    Two mediocre teams sets up for a high scoring affair from both sides. Maybe the first one to 40 wins.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Maybe the first one to 40 wins.
    I don't like our chances then.

A Duke loss isn't impossible but it would absolutely be a sign that the wheels are coming off the train.

Anything less than a two-touchdown win is unacceptable for Duke. This game really shouldn't be competitive in the second half.

I never thought I'd see the day when a Duke game vs UNC Charlotte was a must win situation.

I expect Duke to win this game in a blow-out.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day when a Duke game vs UNC Charlotte was a must win situation.

SupaDave and Mr. Sumner before him should bet the house/farm/wife and kids in Vegas. Betting line started at 11 and has dropped to 9-9.5.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    SupaDave and Mr. Sumner before him should bet the house/farm/wife and kids in Vegas. Betting line started at 11 and has dropped to 9-9.5.
    I feel you but I just don't see it. And Jim is quite frankly usually spot on with these things.

A very talented NC A&T beat Charlotte just 2 years ago and then the next year basically the same A&T hung with Duke for 2 quarters before the wheels falling off.

UNC Charlotte is STILL not better than A&T.

Duke BETTER NOT lose this game. Else other convos will need to be had... (will be had).

If we can limit turnovers to three we will probably win.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    If we can limit turnovers to three we will probably win.
    Not the most confident statement on our chances, but maybe realistic. I’m concerned that Charlotte takes this much more seriously than the Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post

We will win easily if we don't have any turnovers. But, if we don't, it will be far better than in any other game this season.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Not the most confident statement on our chances, but maybe realistic. I’m concerned that Charlotte takes this much more seriously than the Devils.
    we've both been at this for a long long time, Arnie, and over confidence has rarely been a problem for us. (you and me, I mean)

It is all about the turnovers.

Charlotte +4
    Duke -11

Charlotte’s total needs to move left on the number line postgame while Duke’s moves right.
    Bob Green

Duke 44
    unc Charlotte 17
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

E20D8D11-7831-4CEB-88EA-539FE0DE287A.jpg

Not surprisingly, Duke opts for the Halloween uniform combination synonymous with, well, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    E20D8D11-7831-4CEB-88EA-539FE0DE287A.jpg

Not surprisingly, Duke opts for the Halloween uniform combination synonymous with, well, you know.
    Taking a dump in the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Taking a dump in the woods?
    Hiding the ball from the quarterback?

a fun game of Spin the Football???

Back to football - for the first time ever I'm glad we are wearing the black uniforms - this team needs something to juice them up and give them focused intensity - I hope it helps.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It's because of it showing on the regional Fox Sports channel that us cord cutters can no longer watch.
    Thanks, Sinclair!
    You may know this, but I ran into the same situation and found that it's Very Possible Not to be subject to the blackout, even in the triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by knicknut View Post
    You may know this, but I ran into the same situation and found that it's Very Possible Not to be subject to the blackout, even in the triangle.
    What do you pay for your vpn?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by knicknut View Post
    Yeah, thought about it, but even if it were on TV, I'd still be listening since I'll be handing out candy to midget monsters.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."