Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rtnorthrup View Post
    Field goals became unusually entertaining.
    "and now they're saying" had to be Bob's go-to phrase...Duke touchdown passes also had a tendency to morph into interceptions...

I am disappointed in Cut's very blunt antagonism to there being no practice on Election Day. From a preparation standpoint, of course. But the tone he is setting is very out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    I am disappointed in Cut's very blunt antagonism to there being no practice on Election Day. From a preparation standpoint, of course. But the tone he is setting is very out of touch.
    You make it sound like electing a President of the United States is more important than letting a 1-5 college football team practice!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    "and now they're saying" had to be Bob's go-to phrase...Duke touchdown passes also had a tendency to morph into interceptions...
    Duke down two. Henderson grabs the rebound. Over to Scheyer, who walks it up the court. Into Zoubek, who fakes a shot and passes to Nolan Smith. Smith drives the lane, back out to a wide open Scheyer who fires-- IN... and out. (I always counted to two before celebrating)

But remember this glorious encounter (attribution to johnincarolina blogspot)

Eyewitness News cameras were rolling when Nifong tried to shake hands and say hello to Bob Harris, the voice of Duke sports. Harris was in his car as Nifong walked up.

"You've got to be nicer than that," Nifong said.

"Get out of here," Harris said. "Don't pull this crap."

"This isn't about Duke," Nifong said. "This isn't about Duke at all."

"No," Harris said. "It's about honesty. You're not honest."

Do you have a link?

Bob's interaction with the horrific Fong was one for the ages, a real shining moment for Bob. What a sordid tale that was...(speaking of elections)

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Do you have a link?
    https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...-duke-football

See the Notes section at the bottom.
    Bob Green

Ben Frye and Chase Brice zoomed with the media. Here is Jim’s take:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...-cutcliffe-acc
    Bob Green

Why is election day a "holy day of obligation." I will spend three hours in the local hospital for various procedures, all preventative measures. What would be sacrosanct is the reporting of election returns, beginning at about 5 PM MDT (1700 hours, for Bob Green) next Tuesday.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Why is election day a "holy day of obligation." I will spend three hours in the local hospital for various procedures, all preventative measures. What would be sacrosanct is the reporting of election returns, beginning at about 5 PM MDT (1700 hours, for Bob Green) next Tuesday.
    ah, you guys are beneficiaries of your time zone here, Sage...gotta pace myself on Tuesday...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Ben Frye and Chase Brice zoomed with the media. Here is Jim’s take:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...-cutcliffe-acc
    Any reporters catch an INT?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Without agreeing to your snide characterization, this has been a big issue for athletes on lots of campuses. It sets a tone as to the importance of the day. And actually, if you care about the Enlightenment and representative democracy, then it is, or should be, pretty darn close to a secular day of obligation.

But I certainly hope we beat Charlotte despite losing this critical day of practice.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Without agreeing to your snide characterization, this has been a big issue for athletes on lots of campuses. It sets a tone as to the importance of the day. And actually, if you care about the Enlightenment and representative democracy, then it is, or should be, pretty darn close to a secular day of obligation.

But I certainly hope we beat Charlotte despite losing this critical day of practice.
    Well, since Election Day is AFTER the Charlotte game, I don't think it'll affect our readiness. Now against the Cheats the Saturday after... (and I would expect that their players would have the same request to have the Third off.)

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ah, you guys are beneficiaries of your time zone here, Sage...gotta pace myself on Tuesday...
    I stayed up all night in 1960, 1968, and 1976. In 2000, I went to bed late and got up early. This year, I will probably be in bed before midnight, regardless of how close it is. Must be losing interest in politics.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I stayed up all night in 1960, 1968, and 1976. In 2000, I went to bed late and got up early. This year, I will probably be in bed before midnight, regardless of how close it is. Must be losing interest in politics.
    Or just getting old
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    This is the 5th anniversary of our last Halloween prime time game. I would guess the line is about Duke -10 based on Sagarin.
    Too soon🤯

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Discuss the game here...

Our deep and talented secondary is getting thin.
    Guys, when was the last time our secondary was deep and talented?
    Duke 5 - UNC 4*

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Well, since Election Day is AFTER the Charlotte game, I don't think it'll affect our readiness. Now against the Cheats the Saturday after... (and I would expect that their players would have the same request to have the Third off.)
    Sorry, good correction of course. We will beat Charlotte regardless, of course, and sadly, I am very sure that we will lose to the Cheats regardless, as well.

Sorry, good correction of course. We will beat Charlotte regardless, of course, and sadly, I am very sure that we will lose to the Cheats regardless, as well.
    Regarding the latter - unfortunately I have to agree. Unless something just short of a miracle happens, there is no way our offense can keep up with the Heels' this year. But first things first...let's take care of business against the 49ers as we're not in a position to overlook anyone right now - wouldn't be prudent.

Sorry, good correction of course. We will beat Charlotte regardless, of course
    I am way less confident in this than others seem to be. Gun to my head we probably win, but I wouldn't feel entirely comfortable betting on it.