Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

FB: Duke 53, Charlotte 19

Discuss the game here...

Jim Sumner article on front page:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...-duke-football

Our deep and talented secondary is getting thin. Leonard Johnson is questionable, Lummie Young out the 1st half due to targeting ejection.

Offense can’t turn the ball over and must score TD in Red Zone.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 10-31-2020 at 10:30 PM.
    Bob Green

I would love to see this be a "statement game" in regard to to the team's performance. 'Nuff said.

On Verizon Fios in the DC Metro Area, the game is on MASN channel 577.

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    On Verizon Fios in the DC Metro Area, the game is on MASN channel 577.
    The same channel in Southeastern Virginia.
    Bob Green

I could go either way on this game. After all it is scheduled right at Trick or Treat time.

Duke football is back to being as sad and depressing as it was in the pre Cut years. I'll be back to listening to the game on the radio - no tv coverage for cord cutters like me here in the shadows of Durham. They should bring back Bob Harris to do the call on Duke's last second field goal try to win the game and avoid a disastrous loss - "it's straight, it's long enough, it looks good - no it's wide right and short - Duke loses."
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    My enthusiasm for this game is definitively muted, it's no big loss that it isn't on TV for me, and I won't be paying much attention to the first half as I'll be enjoying handing out candy to costumed kiddos.
    Hopefully when I tune in for the second, we won't be losing. I honestly will not be surprised if we are.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    duke football is back to being as sad and depressing as it was in the pre cut years. I'll be back to listening to the game on the radio - no tv coverage for cord cutters like me here in the shadows of durham. They should bring back bob harris to do the call on duke's last second field goal try to win the game and avoid a disastrous loss - "it's straight, it's long enough, it looks good - no it's wide right and short - duke loses."
    It's available on ESPN3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    It's available on ESPN3.
    ESPN3 will be blacked out here in the Raleigh Durham area.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Why? They don't want to depress attendance at a game that isn't allowing fans?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Why? They don't want to depress attendance at a game that isn't allowing fans?
    It's because of it showing on the regional Fox Sports channel that us cord cutters can no longer watch.
    Thanks, Sinclair!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It's because of it showing on the regional Fox Sports channel that us cord cutters can no longer watch.
    Thanks, Sinclair!
    Yep. Only pitiful, no football fan base Duke has three straight games on RSN.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

This is the 5th anniversary of our last Halloween prime time game. I would guess the line is about Duke -10 based on Sagarin.

Duke football is back to being as sad and depressing as it was in the pre Cut years. I'll be back to listening to the game on the radio - no tv coverage for cord cutters like me here in the shadows of Durham. They should bring back Bob Harris to do the call on Duke's last second field goal try to win the game and avoid a disastrous loss - "it's straight, it's long enough, it looks good - no it's wide right and short - Duke loses."
    I'll be honest, I don't miss Bob's play-by-play, but I do miss his presence on the broadcast...the current team lacks charisma or something. Also since I mostly listened to the radio broadcast for pregame/postgame coverage the play by play issues didn't impact me much.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    This is the 5th anniversary of our last Halloween prime time game. I would guess the line is about Duke -10 based on Sagarin.
    MiamiGate 226.jpg

MiamiGate 230.jpg

That tailgate was a blast. And it was also a horrific end to a game totally befitting Halloween. The program was murdered that night, and hasn't done much to come back from the dead yet.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 10-26-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    MiamiGate 226.jpg

MiamiGate 230.jpg

That tailgate was a blast. And it was also a horrific end to a game totally befitting Halloween. The program was murdered that night, and hasn't done much to come back from the dead yet.
    I was having a blast at a Widespread Panic Halloween show in Asheville that night. Watched the game until right before we went to the venue. Someone showed me ESPN notification that ready something like (paraphrased) "Duke loses on 8 lateral kickoff return TD as time expires" part way through the show. I squinted to read the notification a couple times to make sure I understood what I was reading, cursed a little, and then forced myself to forget about Duke football for the rest of the weekend (which was, conveniently, fairly easy at the time).

We have a channel list early in the week:
    https://theacc.com/sports/2020/10/26...NCC_DU_20.aspx

I would not expect a blackout map, but the general pattern is that those that live in the conference footprint can only watch on their local channel from the list above and any online service from that channel. Outside of the area, you can watch on your local channel from the list, online via ESPN3, or on ESPN College Extra if your provider carries it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't miss Bob's play-by-play, but I do miss his presence on the broadcast...the current team lacks charisma or something. Also since I mostly listened to the radio broadcast for pregame/postgame coverage the play by play issues didn't impact me much.
    I know what you mean about Bob's calling of the games late in his great career but I love Bob. He's one of the nicest person I've met but like all of us age catches up with us. Sort of like Mike Shannon, broadcaster for the Cardinals.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I know what you mean about Bob's calling of the games late in his great career but I love Bob. He's one of the nicest person I've met but like all of us age catches up with us. Sort of like Mike Shannon, broadcaster for the Cardinals.

GoDuke!
    I found Bob's play by play rather entertaining and engaging, but it had little to do with what was happening on the field...never a dull moment.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I found Bob's play by play rather entertaining and engaging, but it had little to do with what was happening on the field...never a dull moment.
    Field goals became unusually entertaining.