DBR Pocast #242 - Talking to Jon Scheyer

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/duk...=VMP3059137269

Coach Scheyer breaks down what we can expect from this year's team... he reveals who has been the go-to guy on offense thus far and which players have been the most surprising. He also speaks about Duke's weakness this season and how the team is very different from the one we have seen the past few years. Plus, he looks back at how Coach K has changed from Scheyer's playing days until today.

Let us know what you thought about it... email us at DBRPodcast at gmail or just post your thoughts in this thread.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

A lot of good stuff in this pod.

The breakdown of the weak non-con schedule was illuminating, I had not been keeping close tabs on that.

I agree with you guys that the general lack of chatter about Jalen Johnson is concerning. Scheyer's words about him trying to figure out where he fits on offense, especially in the halfcourt, makes it sound like he's very limited when he's not filling the lane and flushing fast breaks...but they did rave about his passing.

The positive Henry Coleman chatter is also interesting considering I was waiting for the positive Brakefield chatter.

Anyway, I appreciate you guys (Jason) getting yourself invited to these media avails and bringing us the info.

Jason, dare you ask K about the weak non-con schedule in this week's avail? HA HA HA...that will be a sure invite to EXIT the media avails for the rest of time. I think you should ask, "Which player is practicing with particular verve?"

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Anyway, I appreciate you guys (Jason) getting yourself invited to these media avails and bringing us the info.

Jason, dare you ask K about the weak non-con schedule in this week's avail? HA HA HA...that will be a sure invite to EXIT the media avails for the rest of time. I think you should ask, "Which player is practicing with particular verve?"
    I have been thinking about what I will ask him, assuming I get a chance to ask any questions at all (not sure how many big national media types will be on the call), and I did consider asking about the scheduling. I might be able to work in the relative easy of the schedule by hiding it inside something about the uncertainty of Covid. Perhaps something like this:

"Let's talk about the non-conference schedule. Most of the opponents are smaller schools who will gladly come to Cameron. Typically we have a few more power conference opponents where we play on a neutral floor. Were you resistant to taking the team away from campus because of the pandemic?"

I'm betting other folks ask about depth and how the team will play but if no one else does, I think those are the big questions as we come into the season.

-Jason "I have been scolded by K in past news conferences for asking about 'the rotation' so you can bet I won't use that word... 'depth' is safe, rotation will draw K's ire" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I have been thinking about what I will ask him, assuming I get a chance to ask any questions at all (not sure how many big national media types will be on the call), and I did consider asking about the scheduling. I might be able to work in the relative easy of the schedule by hiding it inside something about the uncertainty of Covid. Perhaps something like this:
    "Let's talk about the non-conference schedule. Most of the opponents are smaller schools who will gladly come to Cameron. Typically we have a few more power conference opponents where we play on a neutral floor. Were you resistant to taking the team away from campus because of the pandemic?"

I'm betting other folks ask about depth and how the team will play but if no one else does, I think those are the big questions as we come into the season.

-Jason "I have been scolded by K in past news conferences for asking about 'the rotation' so you can bet I won't use that word... 'depth' is safe, rotation will draw K's ire" Evans
    Jason, it’s time to rotate your questions! LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm just thankful for Donald pronouncing "Elon" and "Bellarmine" correctly. It seemed to jog Jason's brain - he actually got them right after that!

A red letter day.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    I'm just thankful for Donald pronouncing "Elon" and "Bellarmine" correctly. It seemed to jog Jason's brain - he actually got them right after that!

A red letter day.
    I don't do pronunciation... it is not in my contract.

Speaking of Scheyer, he is on a list of candidates that Penn St would like to speak to about their open HC position. I'm sure this wont be the last program that wants to talk to him.