Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    If family tweets mean anything, Horford regretted his move from Boston to Philly. His sister and brother said that Philly was awful and couldn't compare to Boston.
    Sure, it turned out worse, but it's still noteworthy that he felt it was necessary to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    That's great news for Frank! The Thunder have a ton of guards and even more draft picks stocked up. It makes you wonder who is going to play this season and who gets moved or sent to the G-League.

Of the Duke guys that played in the NBA last season, here is who I think is still unsigned:
    Marques Bolden
    Quinn Cook
    Trevon Duval
    Amile Jefferson
    Lance Thomas

Of that group, I think Bolden might have an outside shot at signing a contract with Cleveland to be a backup behind Andre Drummond. Most likely, he'll be in the G-league for some or most of the year again.

Cook is tough to tell. He's a very good shooter at a position for which you want shooting. I could see him landing on a contender, like he has the past couple of years, or signing with a team that has young guards like the Cavs.

Duval, unless he shows a ton of improvement in his shot and commitment to defense, it's hard to see him getting onto an NBA roster. The overseas route looks to be in his future.
    Jefferson is a guy that has absolutely killed it in the G-League but has yet to stick on an NBA roster. Is this the year?

Thomas was a surprise addition to the Brooklyn Nets in the bubble and even started a few games. He's made nearly $25 million in his NBA career but may be just about finished. Still, he might end up signing as a vet. Who would have guessed he was going to be a career 38% 3-point shooter coming out of Duke?

Javin DeLaurier also signed an Exhibit 10 contract with Charlotte. We might see him make an appearance in an NBA game this year. Like Lance Thomas, he could be an interesting player if he ever figures out how to shoot the ball.
    Any news on Lance Thomas or Marquise Bolden making a roster? Read Frank Jackson landed at OKC Amile Jefferson any movement or G Leaguee?

https://mobile.twitter.com/BobbyMark...43524705087490

Duke PF Vernon Carey, Jr. -- the 32nd pick in the draft -- is signing a four-year deal with the Charlotte Hornets, sources tell ESPN. The contract is expected to have the most guaranteed money among second round picks in the 2020 draft class.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Any news on Lance Thomas or Marquise Bolden making a roster? Read Frank Jackson landed at OKC Amile Jefferson any movement or G Leaguee?
    Marques is signing with the Cavaliers again, but may just be another camp and cut job with a bonus for playing with Canton.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BobbyMark...43524705087490

Duke PF Vernon Carey, Jr. -- the 32nd pick in the draft -- is signing a four-year deal with the Charlotte Hornets, sources tell ESPN. The contract is expected to have the most guaranteed money among second round picks in the 2020 draft class.
    Further reporting from Marks has the fourth year as a team option.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...injection-knee

Good news, potentially, for fans of the C’s and Kemba Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...injection-knee

Good news, potentially, for fans of the C’s and Kemba Walker.
    I'm not much of a C's fan (or any other NBA team for that matter - no offense Steven43) but Kemba has always been extremely likable. Which for a guy who went to UCONN is saying a lot.

I wish him well. He's certainly in a better position for success than with the Hornets.

Keith Smith reports that Jahlil has two years guaranteed at the minimum.

I am not sure how many positive tests that I expected, but Shams reports 48 out of 546, which feels like a lot assuming that most players were taking at least some level of precautions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm not much of a C's fan (or any other NBA team for that matter - no offense Steven43) but Kemba has always been extremely likable. Which for a guy who went to UCONN is saying a lot.

I wish him well. He's certainly in a better position for success than with the Hornets.
    I agree, Kemba is a very likable guy...(despite being a Husky)...his run in the Big East tournament some years ago (what, five wins in five days?) was remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Keith Smith reports that Jahlil has two years guaranteed at the minimum.

I am not sure how many positive tests that I expected, but Shams reports 48 out of 546, which feels like a lot assuming that most players were taking at least some level of precautions.
    It does feel like a lot, this ESPN article says it is a much larger percentage than in late June when players originally returned to their markets

While the league's positive test rate of 8.8% in its initial testing is lower than the national average of 10.2% over the same time frame, it also is significantly higher than the 5.3% rate (16 out of 302) during the same return-to-market period in late June before play at the bubble in Orlando, Florida.
    The blurb does point out that the national testing positivity rate is much higher now than late June.

In other NBA news, Russell Westbrook was traded from Houston to Washington for John Wall and a 2023 first round pick.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

I really hope the Rockets don't give in to Harden's trade demand...I was looking forward to pulling for the Nets this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I really hope the Rockets don't give in to Harden's trade demand...I was looking forward to pulling for the Nets this year.
    if Harden goes to the Nets, they'll have to play the game with two basketballs.

Quinn Cook re-signs with the Lakers. I can remember many people writing him off when Tyus Jones committed. He has an NCAA ring, 2 NBA rings and a whole lot of money. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    So nice, they're paying him twice.

The latest report is that Amile is signing with Boston.

The latest report is that Amile is signing with Boston.
    https://www.celticsblog.com/2020/12/...bition-10-deal

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Quinn Cook re-signs with the Lakers. I can remember many people writing him off when Tyus Jones committed. He has an NCAA ring, 2 NBA rings and a whole lot of money. Congrats.
    LeBron remembered he needs a Duke guy!

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Quinn was a player once he became fully healthy, was a terrific Duke guard. It took him awhile to recover from his high school knee injuries. He's one of my favorite Duke players.

GoDuke!

Yeah, he had $1 mil partial guarantee that the Lakers paid him when they waived him. His new deal is believed to be for 1 year at the vet minimum, which would be about $1.7 mil for a player like Cook. So, he will earn approx. $2.7 mil this season.

-Jason "I believe he also got about $200k as a playoff bonus for being on the NBA championship team... Quin is doing quite nicely right now" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    The Celtics currently have 14 players under guarantee contract and a 15th, Javonte Green, signed to a non-guaranteed contract. The NBA limit is 15. They also have Taco Fall and Tremont Waters on 2-way deals in the G-League. I strongly suspect they will keep Fall (a fan favorite and an intriguing prospect) and Waters (who was the G-League Rookie of the Year last year). This means that Amile's signing is a way of giving him some extra money (and extra incentive) to be on the Celtics G-League team in case the Celtics suffer some injuries and need to call someone up. Alternately, if the Celtics decide to elevate Fall or Waters to the team and open up a second 2-way spot, Amile could have a shot at that (depending on what the team wants to do with Javonte Green, who did play in 40+ games for the team last year).

-Jason "bottom line, I don't see this signing as an indication that Amile is likely to make the Celtics roster this year" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, he had $1 mil partial guarantee that the Lakers paid him when they waived him. His new deal is believed to be for 1 year at the vet minimum, which would be about $1.7 mil for a player like Cook. So, he will earn approx. $2.7 mil this season.

-Jason "I believe he also got about $200k as a playoff bonus for being on the NBA championship team... Quin is doing quite nicely right now" Evans
    Keith Smith is reporting that Quinn's deal is fully non-guaranteed.

He also reports that Frank is $250,000 guaranteed for the first season and fully non-guaranteed for the second season.