Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Jayson Tatum has agreed to a five-year, $195M extension with the Celtics, source tells ESPN.

According to Woj.
    He’ll probably be able to put 20% down on a mortgage loan now.

Lakers appear to be getting stronger. Marc Gasol about to sign with them.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Woj is saying the Austin's deal is 3 years, $10 million.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...with-knicks%2F
    Even better news for Austin!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Oh, I doubt he's that unrealistic (at least on an annual salary basis), but he's already filthy rich and I can see him not wanting to deal with the entire basketball world thinking "vastly overpaid" whenever his name comes up. Additionally, he's already gotten paid a fortune by Boston for injury and injury recovery (not his fault, of course), so I could see this being him throwing Boston a bone somewhat.
    That's now three high profile names that have left the Celtics voluntarily in recent years: Irving, Horford and Haywood. Interestingly, all three are older players.

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    That's now three high profile names that have left the Celtics voluntarily in recent years: Irving, Horford and Haywood. Interestingly, all three are older players.
    I suspect Haywood wanted to go to a team where he could be featured more. He was always going to be, at best, third or fourth option on the Celtics... or maybe 5th depending on how Smart is playing.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Lakers appear to be getting stronger. Marc Gasol about to sign with them.
    The one thing I don't get about this is that LA already got Montrezl Harrell, who is a center in the modern NBA. They let Howard walk and traded away Javale McGee, so they have minutes at center but having Harrell and Gasol must mean they plan to play AD at center very, very little this season.

Picking up Schroeder from OKC is another big move for the Lakers. He is much better than Rondo at this point. Unknown what will happen to KCP and Avery Bradley but supposedly the Lakers want both of them back.

It feels to me like the Lakers got better... and any time the defending champs get better, that is significant. Of course, the biggest question for LA is how much does father time catch up with Lebron this season... don't matter what free agent moves you make when the maybe-GOAT starts aging out of his outstanding play.

7. IIRC, one of the sources of friction between AD and the Pelicans is that AD didn't want to play the 5 even though the team was clearly at its best when he did. Hence, DeMarcus Cousins. Looks like AD's anti-5 attitude persists with the Lakers.

The one thing I don't get about this is that LA already got Montrezl Harrell, who is a center in the modern NBA. They let Howard walk and traded away Javale McGee, so they have minutes at center but having Harrell and Gasol must mean they plan to play AD at center very, very little this season.

Picking up Schroeder from OKC is another big move for the Lakers. He is much better than Rondo at this point. Unknown what will happen to KCP and Avery Bradley but supposedly the Lakers want both of them back.

It feels to me like the Lakers got better... and any time the defending champs get better, that is significant. Of course, the biggest question for LA is how much does father time catch up with Lebron this season... don't matter what free agent moves you make when the maybe-GOAT starts aging out of his outstanding play.
    I don’t expect Gasol to play too much in LA. He will be 36. I suspect it is just depth to manage the regular season load for their stars. I would fully expect AD to play plenty of C next year.

Lakers re-signed KCP
    https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1330327554847195136

Avery Bradley signed with Miami
    https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...19614517780481
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Woj is saying the Austin's deal is 3 years, $10 million.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...with-knicks%2F
    Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Even better news for Austin!
    Although the last 2 years of Austin's are not guaranteed. So it is really a 1 year deal
    https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status...77052308152321

The final two years of Austin Rivers’ three-year deal with the Knicks are non-guaranteed, per SNY sources. He has a three-year, $10 million deal, ESPN reports.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Javin

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/...camp-deal.html

The Hornets will bring undrafted Duke power forward Javin DeLaurier to training camp on a non-guaranteed deal, according to Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo Sports (Twitter link). Agent Gary Durrant tells Goodwill that DeLaurier will sign an Exhibit 10 contract with Charlotte.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    From the Daily News article, it really is pointless to analyze any free agent/draft activity, at this point in the NBA, without examining the related agency influence:

"Seven players the Knicks have added this offseason are either CAA clients (Rivers, Theo Pinson, Elfrid Payton, Obi Toppin, Myles Powell) or former Kentucky Wildcats (Nerlens Noel, Immanuel Quickley). Noel and Quickley join Kevin Knox and Julius Randle as former Kentucky players on the roster. New president Leon Rose and right-hand man William “World Wide Wes” Wesley were previously an agent and consultant at CAA, respectively, with close ties to John Calipari’s Kentucky program. Rose hired CAA client Tom Thibodeau as head coach and longtime Kentucky assistant Kenny Payne to join Thibodeau’s staff."

Is Thibs merely keeping the seat warm for Cal? Probably not, Cal will never have it as good as he has it in Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    From the Daily News article, it really is pointless to analyze any free agent/draft activity, at this point in the NBA, without examining the related agency influence:

"Seven players the Knicks have added this offseason are either CAA clients (Rivers, Theo Pinson, Elfrid Payton, Obi Toppin, Myles Powell) or former Kentucky Wildcats (Nerlens Noel, Immanuel Quickley). Noel and Quickley join Kevin Knox and Julius Randle as former Kentucky players on the roster. New president Leon Rose and right-hand man William “World Wide Wes” Wesley were previously an agent and consultant at CAA, respectively, with close ties to John Calipari’s Kentucky program. Rose hired CAA client Tom Thibodeau as head coach and longtime Kentucky assistant Kenny Payne to join Thibodeau’s staff."

Is Thibs merely keeping the seat warm for Cal? Probably not, Cal will never have it as good as he has it in Lexington.
    Brings up awful memories of Brodie and what he did to my Mets with his ex-clients and the deals he made to bring them in. Grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    If family tweets mean anything, Horford regretted his move from Boston to Philly. His sister and brother said that Philly was awful and couldn't compare to Boston.

Clarification?

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    If family tweets mean anything, Horford regretted his move from Boston to Philly. His sister and brother said that Philly was awful and couldn't compare to Boston.
    The towns or the teams?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    The towns or the teams?
    good question...there was a time you literally couldn't pay black guys to come play in Boston, but I'm pretty sure those days are behind us. I'm going to guess he means the organization, a very loose term when describing the Sixers.

The towns or the teams?
    Both, but certainly the towns.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

The towns or the teams?
    Mostly the fans. His sister posted "Pretending to follow Philly was EXHAUSTING. The most miserable fans in the NBA".

Things escalated quickly from there with a lot of back and forth. She finally posted an audio saying a lot but finished with "some Philly fans are cool. The rest of you, can F^(K off. Team Horford all the way"

^ the whole Simmons - Embid things doesn't really seem to work, either...close but no cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ^ the whole Simmons - Embid things doesn't really seem to work, either...close but no cigar.
    Yeah, it's a bad fit. I could see Morey trading Simmons to the Rockets for Harden.