Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bad management

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Oh boy (SMH). What were you thinking, Mike? Hayward’s stint with the C’s was a catastrophe. Why would his time with Charlotte be any better now that he’s 3-4 years older and his body has suffered more injuries than that of Evel Knievel?!
    Confused him with Haywood? Or maybe he thinks Hayward's ceiling is the roof?

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    MJ the player= greatness, well except he played for the cheats.
    MJ the NBA owner/exec = ineptness.

GoDuke!
    Can’t argue with that.

In other news, in order to clear the space to sign Gordon, Charlotte had to waive Nicholas Batum. They will pay him $27 million this year not to play basketball.

Jason “good work if you can get it “ Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Confused him with Haywood? Or maybe he thinks Hayward's ceiling is the roof?
    You guys are making some great points!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    In other news, in order to clear the space to sign Gordon, Charlotte had to waive Nicholas Batum. They will pay him $27 million this year not to play basketball.

Darn it all, why wasn’t I able to grow a foot taller, dramatically increase my foot speed and agility, learn how to knock down 3’s from NBA range, and increase my vertical leap by 30 inches??

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Well—the Hornets waived Batum to be able to stretch him out over the next three seasons. So we’ll effectively be paying him $9M/year not to play basketball for the next three years. In another sense, we’re paying Batum $18M less this year.

EDIT: Actually, I’m not sure whether Batum actually receives all $27M this year. It may be that the cap hit is spread out over three years but the actual cash gets gone this year. Contracts are confusing, man.
    Last edited by Native; 11-21-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    MJ the player= greatness, well except he played for the cheats.
    MJ the NBA owner/exec = ineptness.

GoDuke!
    His arrogance dominates and his minions know not to dispute him. That’s the problem with Hornets drafting Carey; no telling if they plan to use him.

good grief, I watched Hayward a lot this season (when he was healthy, of course) and I like him quite a bit, but this move by the Hairnets is simply unfathomable. Chalk it up to tradition I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    His arrogance dominates and his minions know not to dispute him. That’s the problem with Hornets drafting Carey; no telling if they plan to use him.
    Is Michael Jordan trying to make up for his pick of Adam Morrison at #3 in 2006 -- eight positions ahead of J.J. Redick. Let's see... Adam has been out of the NBA for ten years; when did J.J. retire?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Is Michael Jordan trying to make up for his pick of Adam Morrison at #3 in 2006 -- eight positions ahead of J.J. Redick. Let's see... Adam has been out of the NBA for ten years; when did J.J. retire?
    MJ may have been made the fool for selecting him but Adam Morrison might be having the last laugh if the story from years ago that he had a fully stocked apocalypses bunker in his Idaho home are true. Seems like Adam Morrison knew exactly what was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    good grief, I watched Hayward a lot this season (when he was healthy, of course) and I like him quite a bit, but this move by the Hairnets is simply unfathomable. Chalk it up to tradition I suppose.
    Yeah, he’s a pretty good player still, but if he can’t stay on the court with any consistency he has very little value,

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Ol’ J.J. has done pretty darn well for himself, hasn’t he, though? I’m so proud of him. Nobody has worked harder over these past 14 years — on the court and off. J.J. is an all-time Duke legend.

Meanwhile, my Knicks are becoming Kentucky north. Fourth on the roster. Ugh. (Maybe I need to convert to the Pels.)

https://nypost.com/2020/11/21/knicks...pasteboard_app

Woj is reporting that Harry has signed with Portland. It is supposed to be a one year deal so it will be interesting to see terms, but I think that there is some opportunity for early playing time there.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Woj is reporting that Harry has signed with Portland. It is supposed to be a one year deal so it will be interesting to see terms, but I think that there is some opportunity for early playing time there.
    Widely expected that Giles' contract is for the vet minimum, which is $1,678,854 for a guy with 3 years of service.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Jayson Tatum has agreed to a five-year, $195M extension with the Celtics, source tells ESPN.

According to Woj.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Meanwhile, my Knicks are becoming Kentucky north. Fourth on the roster. Ugh. (Maybe I need to convert to the Pels.)

https://nypost.com/2020/11/21/knicks...pasteboard_app
    Hold the phone there: Austin Rivers has signed a 1-year deal with the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Here you go.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/22/knicks-signing-austin-rivers-in-2020-nba-free-agency/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Oh, NY is going to love Austin.

Woj is saying the Austin's deal is 3 years, $10 million.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...with-knicks%2F