Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I maintain that One and Done Fever is contagious...harking back to the days when Will Avery was clearly not ready, but the Amigos were, so off he went.

p.s. Gordon Hayward opts out of his final year contract ($34 million)? Hm, that's interesting, I guess he thinks he can come up something more attractive.
    Oh, I doubt he's that unrealistic (at least on an annual salary basis), but he's already filthy rich and I can see him not wanting to deal with the entire basketball world thinking "vastly overpaid" whenever his name comes up. Additionally, he's already gotten paid a fortune by Boston for injury and injury recovery (not his fault, of course), so I could see this being him throwing Boston a bone somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Oh, I doubt he's that unrealistic (at least on an annual salary basis), but he's already filthy rich and I can see him not wanting to deal with the entire basketball world thinking "vastly overpaid" whenever his name comes up. Additionally, he's already gotten paid a fortune by Boston for injury and injury recovery (not his fault, of course), so I could see this being him throwing Boston a bone somewhat.
    oh sure, I meant more attractive in the sense of either another venue (Indiana?) or maybe longer term at significantly less per year...

Bogdanovic

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...dan-bogdanovic

The Bucks had a sign and trade teed up for Bogdanovic and it blew up. No the NBA is investigating tampering/pre-free agency activity.

The Bucks would have probably jump to the top of the title odds with him.

It sounds like Bucks might have gotten over there skis promising Bledsoe to both New Orleans and Sacramento, or ran out of money to offer what Bogdanovic wants. Odd story but a big miss because it leaked and blew up.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...dan-bogdanovic

The Bucks had a sign and trade teed up for Bogdanovic and it blew up. No the NBA is investigating tampering/pre-free agency activity.

The Bucks would have probably jump to the top of the title odds with him.

It sounds like Bucks might have gotten over there skis promising Bledsoe to both New Orleans and Sacramento, or ran out of money to offer what Bogdanovic wants. Odd story but a big miss because it leaked and blew up.
    Also some subtext that um, not many people want Giannis to stay in Milwaukee. By that, I mean it's curious this is getting so much scrutiny for tampering when many deals are in place before FA kicks off - see how many deals are announced within the first 10 minutes of free agency here in about an hour.

Bucks definitely messed this up though.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieTiger View Post
    Also some subtext that um, not many people want Giannis to stay in Milwaukee. By that, I mean it's curious this is getting so much scrutiny for tampering when many deals are in place before FA kicks off - see how many deals are announced within the first 10 minutes of free agency here in about an hour.

Bucks definitely messed this up though.
    That seems likely - Other teams could pay Bogdan more, dont want the Bucks to succeed, and called Bogdan's agent.

I would bet Sacramento screwed it up though, not Milwaukee. Sacramento is a rudderless ship....

Mason and Oak sign w Pistons

Okafor got alert to Detroit Pistons
    He can score and he has improved his game.
    Read about Frank Jackson . Both he and Cook might not get any offers

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Okafor got alert to Detroit Pistons
    He can score and he has improved his game.
    Read about Frank Jackson . Both he and Cook might not get any offers
    What does "got alert" mean? I don't understand.

I guess I'm not that up on the Pistons but signing these two guys together seems like an odd choice.

ESPN alert on my phone follow Duke on website
    Interesting Plumlee and Okafor

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    The Lakers decided to cut Quinn, but he did have a partial guarantee for the season.

Austin appears to have declined his option while Jabari picked his up a few days ago.
    He has a couple of championships and has done well for himself- well liked in the league. I see Quinn finding a path into the business of the NBA. He may head to Europe or China where his skillset will be valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    He has a couple of championships and has done well for himself- well liked in the league. I see Quinn finding a path into the business of the NBA. He may head to Europe or China where his skillset will be valuable.
    Do the Lakers have a Duke guy now? Can LeBron win it all without one?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    ESPN alert on my phone follow Duke on website
    Interesting Plumlee and Okafor
    Thanks, I now understand.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Do the Lakers have a Duke guy now? Can LeBron win it all without one?

-jk

This got me thinking. We'll have to see how the dust settles but last season there were Duke players on nearly half (14 by my count) of the NBA teams in the league.

Well, the Hornets just gave him $30M a year for the next four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Was about to come here and post that. Man, there's some funny money getting thrown around, haha. Love it!

Oh boy (SMH). What were you thinking, Mike? Hayward’s stint with the C’s was a catastrophe. Why would his time with Charlotte be any better now that he’s 3-4 years older and his body has suffered more injuries than that of Evel Knievel?!

By the way, could there be a better name for a daredevil stuntman than Evel Knievel?

Was about to come here and post that. Man, there's some funny money getting thrown around, haha. Love it!
    I think Hayward’s going to have to get used to dealing with the “vastly overpaid” label. Whew.

{rubs eyes} Is it... still.. 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Oh boy (SMH). What were you thinking, Mike? Hayward’s stint with the C’s was a catastrophe. Why would his time with Charlotte be any better now that he’s 3-4 years older and his body has suffered more injuries than that of Evel Knievel?!

By the way, could there be a better name for a daredevil stuntman than Evel Knievel?
    MJ the player= greatness, well except he played for the cheats.
    MJ the NBA owner/exec = ineptness.

GoDuke!