DBR Podcast #241 - Matthew Hurt interview, Best Duke player of all time!

We have a nice discussion on a popular debate on this 241st episode of the DBR Podcast! We start off with excerpts from the media availability with Matthew Hurt. Hurt answers questions on how he gained some muscle in the offseason, what he thinks it will do for his game, and his ability to be able to be versatile on both offense and defense on a deep Duke Blue Devils team. We then shift gears to recap Duke Football‘s loss to the NC State Wolfpack over the weekend.

After the break, we read a review from listener Stormrunner107, who asks us a very deep question: who is the best Duke player of all time? We discuss our picks and why those players are the best Duke players to ever put on the school’s uniform.

Let's hear your picks for the Best Duke player ever and why!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Most clutch player? Christian Laettner
    Best overall player? Jason Williams (among many who could contend for this honor)
    Most amazing player? Zion Williamson
    Toughest player? Chris Carawell. Name another player who dislocated his shoulder while playing, had the trainer pop it back in at mid court and stayed in the game?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

It is so hard to pick one of the amazingly talented players who have played for Duke. Why bother? We have our favorites depending on our age. As member of the class of '57 I can remember so very many. ( But Dick Groat was before me. What a miss.) Enjoy all who play for us. Appreciate what our University has done to provide us with so many outstanding events. ( Duke vs Maryland last minute.)

I promise that Donald, Sam, and I did not plan on picking three different players for the best Dukie of all time, it just worked out that way. I was a bit surprised at Sam's pick (a great choice, but not someone I would have guessed Sam would choose) but I think my pick and Donald's were pretty predictable.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

By the way, Donald mentions Hurt going on the "juicy Lucy" diet to gain weight... if you want a picture of what he is talking about...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?