ACC prediction thread

I don’t think anyone has posted this bit of actual basketball news that came out last week: CBS predicts Virginia to win the conference, with Duke and UNC to follow. Though the author doesn’t seem all that confident in Duke at #2.

At this point it’s hard to choose against Bennett given what he’s done for the past several years. And he has a lot more known, veteran pieces than the other two, which will be an enormous benefit in this season that will have a shortened preseason, fewer warmup games, and lots of interruptions.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...team-virginia/

I sincerely hope that UNC continues to build on the momentum the harnessed last season.

I think it is crazy to pick anyone but Virginia for ACC preseason favorite. They lost Diakite and Braxton Key, who were both really nice players, but they bring back everyone else.

Plus, they add Sam Hauser who averaged 14.9ppg and 7.2rpg at Marquette two years ago before sitting out a year as a transfer. Sam Hauser could easily be the preseason ACC POY. Dude is a true inside-out threat who hit better than 40% of his 3s and 92% of his FTs as a 2nd team All-Big East player 2 years ago. Impossible to think he will not instantly be one of the better players in the league. An ESPN ranking I saw has him as the second most impactful "new player" at any school in the country this year, only behind Cade Cunningham at Oklahoma State.

Just a little behind Virginia are Duke, FSU, and UNC.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I think it is crazy to pick anyone but Virginia for ACC preseason favorite. They lost Diakite and Braxton Key, who were both really nice players, but they bring back everyone else.

Plus, they add Sam Hauser who averaged 14.9ppg and 7.2rpg at Marquette two years ago before sitting out a year as a transfer. Sam Hauser could easily be the preseason ACC POY. Dude is a true inside-out threat who hit better than 40% of his 3s and 92% of his FTs as a 2nd team All-Big East player 2 years ago. Impossible to think he will not instantly be one of the better players in the league. An ESPN ranking I saw has him as the second most impactful "new player" at any school in the country this year, only behind Cade Cunningham at Oklahoma State.

Just a little behind Virginia are Duke, FSU, and UNC.
    UVa has become an elite program. It is not getting the elite players in high numbers but they will come as K and Roy fade into the sunset. Bennett is among the very best coaches in college ball now. Players will want to play for him and he is only 51. That is crazy.