Today is National Pulled Pork Day (Oct 12)

https://www.nationalhogfarmer.com/bu...ulled-pork-day

I'm not sure what pulled pork is, but it looks like barbecue. The article talks of crock pots and instant pot, which is not barbecue.
    ~rthomas

Pulled pork is my favorite bbq if done right. Instead of chopping the bbq you pull/shred it apart either by hand or with forks. This usually results in bigger pieces than with chopping. I’ve eaten pulled pork at numerous restaurants in western NC and SC, usually from smoked pork butts.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Pulled pork is my favorite bbq if done right. Instead of chopping the bbq you pull/shred it apart either by hand or with forks. This usually results in bigger pieces than with chopping. I’ve eaten pulled pork at numerous restaurants in western NC and SC, usually from smoked pork butts.
    As a native North Carolinian I have deep thoughts about pulled pork. I have to admit though, my favorite barbecue is brisket. Fatty. Skinny brisket is pot roast.

“Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

So?

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    So?

ricks
    So, they're based in Texas. Are they serious about pork BBQ or is this part of a bovine disinformation campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    So, they're based in Texas. Are they serious about pork BBQ or is this part of a bovine disinformation campaign?
    No way, and I doubt the latter.😏

ricks

BTW, if anyone has a simple slow cooker recipe for pulled pork, I'd take it... but it's gotta be simple I know some of the BBQ folks here are serious, but I just don't have the prep time

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    BTW, if anyone has a simple slow cooker recipe for pulled pork, I'd take it... but it's gotta be simple I know some of the BBQ folks here are serious, but I just don't have the prep time
    This one is oven based but excellent.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/12/ultra-crispy-slow-roasted-pork-shoulder-recipe.html

No more public policy board so no comment about high tech pork.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...al-hog-farming

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    To get really simple, all you have to do is put pork shoulder in a crock pot on low, pour a marinade or BBQ sauce over it and wait until done. Time will be a function of how big a chunk of meat you put in and whether you cut it up. Simplest way to make it faster is to use what they sell as "country style ribs," which are not ribs at all. They are just a bone in pork shoulder cut into smaller pieces.

If I was going to go this way, I would use a bottle of mojo criollo as the marinade and maybe throw in some extra garlic and make a cuban style pulled pork.