Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Yeah. Needed to score that inning. Dodgers have more hitters and more arms. Braves were really tough early in this series, but made too many mistakes and ran out of arms.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yeah. Needed to score that inning. Dodgers have more hitters and more arms. Braves were really tough early in this series, but made too many mistakes and ran out of arms.
    Bottom of the Dodgers lineup has vastly outperformed bottom of Braves lineup

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Absolutely.

Well the Dodgers bought another World Series appearance. We will see how the Rays stack up. They certainly don’t match up in the payroll department.

Congrats to the Dodgers.

Feels like we will be back in this position a lot in the future. That’s the only thing that takes the sting off. Then again, I thought the same thing about the Falcons...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Congrats to the Dodgers.

Feels like we will be back in this position a lot in the future. That’s the only thing that takes the sting off. Then again, I thought the same thing about the Falcons...
    They performed admirably after losing 4/5 of their rotation earlier in the season.

Well the Dodgers bought another World Series appearance. We will see how the Rays stack up. They certainly don’t match up in the payroll department.
    The Dodgers make more in a week than the Rays do in a month. I’m not even kidding. Baseball has a real salary fairness problem.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Please. Betts is the only Dodger who was a star elsewhere before being acquired. The Braves actually have acquired more players who were key players elsewhere first in recent years. The Dodgers have paid to keep talent and to get Betts via trade, using some more of their homegrown young talent, but their recent success has been all about scouting and developing their own talent (Seager, Bellinger, Smith, all 5 SPs, Jansen) and scouting and developing players who were role players or less elsewhere (Turner, Muncy, Taylor).

These 2 teams have a lot of talent and youth and should be seeing a lot of each other in coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Please. Betts is the only Dodger who was a star elsewhere before being acquired. The Braves actually have acquired more players who were key players elsewhere first in recent years. The Dodgers have paid to keep talent and to get Betts via trade, using some more of their homegrown young talent, but their recent success has been all about scouting and developing their own talent (Seager, Bellinger, Smith, all 5 SPs, Jansen) and scouting and developing players who were role players or less elsewhere (Turner, Muncy, Taylor).

These 2 teams have a lot of talent and youth and should be seeing a lot of each other in coming years.
    I agree with all of this.

I continue to hope that Montreal can poach the Rays, one team that hasn't seen a precipitous drop in attendance due to The Covid.

Go Rays!

Would love to see the low budget Rays take down the big money Dodgers.

Great and fun season for the Braves, congrats to the Dodgers.

I would be a big fan of drastically reducing the number of games in a season; expandinng the playoffs like this year; keeping the rule requiring relief pitchers to face at least three batters; and rearranging things so most of your games are in your own time zone. Oddly, this has been the most "watchable" season for me in decades.

I recognize that baseball is a Nineteenth-Century game. But outside of this season, it is damn hard to really watch most of the year.

Ian Anderson postgame nterview:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ajc...outputType=amp

Oh, and as a side note, he and his Jethro Tull bandmates will be appearing in concert at the Stary Manez cultural center (capacity: 1,490) in Gdańsk, Poland, on Tuesday, October 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Oh, and as a side note, he and his Jethro Tull bandmates will be appearing in concert at the Stary Manez cultural center (capacity: 1,490) in Gdańsk, Poland, on Tuesday, October 20.
    Poland Covid 19 Cases 2020-10-19 094631.jpg

Sorry, OCD compelled me to look...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Yeah, the "Dodgers bought their team!" trope is a really lazy one, based on how the team stacks up against other teams in terms of player contributions:

2020postseasonteams.jpg

Even going by a raw player count, the Dodgers had twice as many homegrown players on their postseason roster than the Rays:

gyvr3otrq2wsnutrev35.jpg

As a lifelong Dodger fan who has gone through a 30+ year drought of WS title, very easy pick for me. The bonus for me is that Walker Buehler went to Vandy, the Rays don't have a Commodore on their roster. I use similar logic with my NBA rooting interests.

Baserunning mistakes in the last 3 games will come back to haunt the Braves.
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Braves base running...🤦
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Congrats to the Dodgers.

*points in the general direction of Cobb County, laughs derisively*

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    *points in the general direction of Cobb County, laughs derisively*
    Listen pal, after finally firing that coach (who shall not be named), Matty Ice🧊 and the Falcons are back, baby!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Listen pal, after finally firing that coach (who shall not be named), Matty Ice�� and the Falcons are back, baby!!
    Yup, gonna win just enough so they can't get Trevor Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yup, gonna win just enough so they can't get Trevor Lawrence.
    Overrated.

I assume you watched pretty boy play in the National Championship game vs LSU in January. You know, against a legit opponent (unlike Georgia Tech)? He was god-awful when it mattered the most.

The Falcons already have one of the 10 best (roughly) QBs in the league. They need help on defense.