9 outs. Figure out a way to get 9 outs.
    Yeah, I said that on Tuesday . . . .

And they did...eventually.

This is the scariest 6 run lead ever! 😂😀

Dear Lord.

Braves pouring it on now. 10-2

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Braves pouring it on now. 10-2
    2 runs after one of the worst errors I’ve ever seen by Beaty.

Really interesting take on MLB.com about the Dodgers making a huge mistake in game 3 with regards to their pitching: https://www.mlb.com/news/dodgers-bra...r-rest-of-nlcs

The Dodgers could have pulled Julio Urías before he threw a single pitch.

It was 11-0 by the time Urías stepped to the mound, 32 minutes after the game had started. In the 1,659 games in postseason history, would you care to take a guess how many teams have overcome so much as a 9-0 deficit, let alone an 11-0 deficit?

Right, that would be zero.

So, c’mon. What was Urías doing in that game? He is unequivocally one of the Dodgers’ best arms, and his career-high 101 pitches in Game 3 (a game the Dodgers won, 15-3) amounted to wasted energy. He could have been saved for Game 4, allowing Kershaw another day to rest his bothersome back.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Really interesting take on MLB.com about the Dodgers making a huge mistake in game 3 with regards to their pitching: https://www.mlb.com/news/dodgers-bra...r-rest-of-nlcs
    Fair point, but I assume the Dodgers felt there would not be a big difference between Kershaw yesterday and Kershaw today. He was fine for 5 innings last night, though his top velocity never matched what it was earlier in the year, which had improved some from the past couple of years. Also, as good as Urias is, he's probably fifth in the Dodgers' pecking order for starters, behind Buehler, Kershaw, May, and Gonsolin. The Dodgers have so much depth in their starting pitching that they don't have to worry about exhausting their bullets. I suppose they also could have moved May up to start yesterday and pushed Kershaw back another day. I guess they could have substituted their weaker option, Wood, for Urias on the fly 2 nights ago, but I can't say I thought of that idea at the time. They probably are more concerned about not overusing some of their relievers.

The bigger problems have been the bullpen doing a terrible job in the innings Kershaw and Gonsolin were relieved and the hitters going 1-19 against a pitcher who in his short major league career has given up a batting average of .308.

Baseball is a game of statistics where the best teams rise to the top over a very large sample size. In a much smaller sample size a very good team like the Braves should only be a slight underdog to a still better team like the Dodgers.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Not 100% positive, but I don’t believe a starting pitcher, once in the lineup, can be pulled without pitching, other than because of an injury.

I thought that was a terrible decision in real-time time to leave him in. Contrast that with how Snit managed game two where he immediately pulled his starter after 40 something pitches following the big inning. It has been strange to watch live arm after live arm come out of that Dodgers bullpen and throw straight fire and not be able to get anyone out. I thought Kershaw pitched bravely and was methodical through five but should have been pulled before the 6th. It's also easy to say that and I may be playing the results. He didn't have his best stuff but he was game and kept the Braves a little off balance. You can approach the game today any of two ways for the Braves. You can play the game in reverse and try to piece together the first six innings with good relievers and see what happens on the scoreboard, not chasing a win if the Dodgers get a lead. Under that scenario you are completely set up for the next two games. The other option is just start your fourth or fifth best starter and hope it works out. I like the Joe Maddon theory of playing the game in reverse. Treat the first 3 innings like they are the high Leverage innings.

Dodgers have officially tabbed May but Snit and the Braves have yet to announce who they will send to the hill. You all will probably think I'm crazy but what about starting Wright? He only threw 28 pitches Wednesday. Let him try to come back and try again. It's not like he could do any worse. Ynoa threw over 90 pitches so you must likely do not have him. Tomlin is an option but he looked terrible as well earlier in the series. I say give the kid another shot.
    Last edited by DUKIECB; 10-16-2020 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Typo

Dodgers have officially tabbed May but Snit and the Braves have yet to announce who they will send to the hill. You all will probably think I'm crazy but what about starting Wright? He only threw 28 pitches Wednesday. Let him try to come back and try again. It's not like he could do any worse. Ynoa threw over 90 pitches so you must likely do not have him. Tomlin is an option but he looked terrible as well earlier in the series. I say give the kid another shot.
    I would hold him but I understand. Maybe throw him 60 pitches.

Braves give the nod to A.J. Minter. Snit obviously is treating this as a true bullpen game as Minter has never started a Major league game.

I think they would gladly take 2, hope for 3 and dream of 4 innings from Mr. Minter.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think they would gladly take 2, hope for 3 and dream of 4 innings from Mr. Minter.
    Minter won’t pitch more than 1-2 innings. Curious to see if they’ll go to Wright early on.

Wright

Wright probably has PTSD after game 3, inning 1. Maybe use him in low stress relief.

This is a house money night! Keep it close and see if the offense can crank it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    This is a house money night! Keep it close and see if the offense can crank it up again.
    Would like to win tonight to set the rotation for the WS. Plus, Game 6 would overlap Duke-State.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Minter won’t pitch more than 1-2 innings. Curious to see if they’ll go to Wright early on.
    I think that is correct.