Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Well, there is another round of playoffs after this one so they could both lose.

And it is possible that Houston might be the eventual champion. How would that taste?
    Like Ycch Beer. But that’s true if anyone but the Rays win this thing.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Whew. Bravos sweat it out!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Whew. Bravos sweat it out!
    I will neither confirm nor deny that this was me watching the 9th inning last night.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I will neither confirm nor deny that this was me watching the 9th inning last night.
    Same here - that got tense quick. I read this morning that was only the fourth time all year that L.A. had lost back to back games and they never lost three in a row so tonight should be fun!

Realistically, I think the Braves still need to at least split these next two games or they still lose the series.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Same here - that got tense quick. I read this morning that was only the fourth time all year that L.A. had lost back to back games and they never lost three in a row so tonight should be fun!

Realistically, I think the Braves still need to at least split these next two games or they still lose the series.
    Well, if the Dodgers take the next two the Braves would still have Fried and Anderson going in games 6 and 7 and you have to like their chances with those two on the mound.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I will confirm that was me. And I was texting my buddies that Snit handled that game perfectly...right up until Muncy hit a ball that still may not have landed yet. By escaping and not burning up Anderson (pulled after 4 so COULD pitch game 5 or 6 in an emergency) or his A team bullpen (some of those last night were B, C and Q team bullpen guys) Snit set the Braves up for success going forward. I think he would have preferred not to throw Melancon out there, but otherwise it broke perfectly for Snit. You now force the Dodgers into 2 kitchen sink games in 3 and 4. They basically HAVE to win both. Whereas the Braves are playing with house money tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You now force the Dodgers into 2 kitchen sink games in 3 and 4. They basically HAVE to win both. Whereas the Braves are playing with house money tonight.
    I think the Dodgers expect Kershaw to be able to go in game 4. That's the opposite of kitchen sink.

Welp....I think this 7 games in 7 days is ultimately going to be what costs the Braves this series.

I guess

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Welp...I think this 7 games in 7 days is ultimately going to be what costs the Braves this series.
    Or the lack of quality pitching depth.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Or the lack of quality pitching depth.
    Which is magnified with no off days

Dear Lord implement the mercy rule🤦
    Last edited by DUKIECB; 10-14-2020 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

I am unfazed. Either way gonna be up 2-1 tomorrow morning. Better than being down 2-1. I also think the Dodgers are the better team. The 7 games 7 days seems dumb to me.

No doubt

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Which is magnified with no off days
    Absolutely, but even in a typical 7 game series, you’d be starting Wright and Wilson in games 3 and 4. Against the Dodgers lineup, that’s a big problem.

Absolutely, but even in a typical 7 game series, you’d be starting Wright and Wilson in games 3 and 4. Against the Dodgers lineup, that’s a big problem.
    Possibly. But you have the option to go with Fried on 3 days rest in game 4. That’s a big deal if you’re up 3-1 and trying to close out the series with Fried and Anderson on short rest.

Bottom of the 3rd - the Braves start their comeback.

Hauscar Ynoa... falling on the sword to eat up as many innings as possible to let the rest of the bullpen have a day off. 4 innings so far (pretty good job, too) and I bet he throws the last 2 as well... regardless of how many runs he gives up.

Hauscar Ynoa... falling on the sword to eat up as many innings as possible to let the rest of the bullpen have a day off. 4 innings so far (pretty good job, too) and I bet he throws the last 2 as well... regardless of how many runs he gives up.
    He was huge! Much better outlook for the Braves going forward than how they looked in the second inning.

So Wilson starts game 4. Do you touch Fried game 5 on 3 days rest or do you go with someone else? Ynoa would have been the top candidate most likely but now he’s out. Or do you go with Tomlin who got shelled last night?

I think the Dodgers win tomorrow night and make it 2-2. Instead of letting the Dodgers have an easy shot at going up 3-2 I think I may start Fried and Anderson on 3 days rest and roll with my aces. Although, that starts you off in the World Series with Wright/Wilson/Ynoa/Tomlin having to start the first couple games.

Braves brought their hitting shoes this inning. Kershaw was excellent for 5 1/3. Wilson has been incandescent.

Knocking on wood. Go Bravos!

9 outs. Figure out a way to get 9 outs.